Is Mila's movelist too small for you?

KwonJigglypuff

I feel a bit sad for Mila after the 1.03 patch, but there is another question I would like to ask to you : do you find Mila's movelist too small ? 69 moves.. I know that it is not the number of moves that matters, but I just feel like she is too plain, and relying on the same moves over and over becomes boring. She is just too linear. I know they wanted that newcomer to be popular to people who don't know the game (small list, kind personality, casual clothes), but.. here is an idea for DOA6.

I feel like Mila's gameplay is based on the ground, her potential is cool, and her tackle is nice, but.. she lacks flexibility and moves in her moveset IMO. :oops:

What about a "ground stance" then ? I don't know how it would be called. That would be a stance only available when you are on the ground, to make a comeback. I'm sure MMA fighters are capable of that. And I've never seen that in a 3D fighting game before, could be wrong though.
The other characters's options when they are on the floor are wake up kicks (extra kick for Kasumi) or wake up throws (Lisa, Mila, Tina, Leon, Bayman, etc.). What about a "ground/floor/mud/whaterver-you-want-it-to-be-called stance" ? That would allow her to make a nice comeback (with 8P+K or 2P+K like Christie's jaheiko stance, you know) with a nice range of new moves (mids, lows, even highs, faints, and a throw), no matter where her foot are, facing the opponent or not. The animation would be simple, she would just roll in one direction (either 8P+K/up or 2P+K/down), and then have access to that new range of brutal moves, to put the ennemy on the floor this game, and do her business.
The transition would be hard, because the ennemy will try to stop that stance, but I'm sure there is a way to make it possible. Plus, that's not something she would always have to use, just.. a new option.

What do you think of that "ground stance" ? That would be her individuality. A character who would also rely on her comebacks, have more options that some characters when she is on the floor, have more flexibility overall, like a wild brawler/MMA fighter, and not just some mix of Hitomi/Leon/Zack/Tina. That would be very tricky and would be a good matchup for people lacking good PFT.
That's just my opinion, don't lynch me, I like her. :eek:

two+girls+mud.jpg

KwonJigglypuff

"Ground stance".... Vanessa has this in VF5FS. It's pretty cool. Anyway I don't think Mila's move list is too small. It's not the amount of moves that matters, it's the amount of good moves :)

I agree, especially because there are some characters who have unecessary and useless moves.. but some variations could be nice.

Didn't know about Vanessa's ground stance. I though my idea was original and genius. I feel stupid now. :oops:

DrDogg

She was fine before the patch. She had the smallest movelist, but a lot of her attacks were useful. Now she's just garbage, especially if what I'm hearing about CH 7P is true.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
She already has a "Ground Stance" move. Head face down to opponent grab after being knocked down (it is her tackle, leads to PPP mount stance). Unlisted in the commands but still very useful against people who don't know she has it and like to stay close for that extra damage (like her mount break recovery attacks), think Tina/Leon/Bayman (except Bayman's is face up feet to opponent).

She doesn't really need anything, I neglect over half the list anyway just going by how useful half the list really is.

It would be nice if she had something similar to Zack's 4P stance, seeing as she is a boxer and all (MMA is not a style, it is a sport. It's quite terrifying how few people understand that and I am in no way bashing the opening post, just so you know). Something like block-to-counter strikes that could hold to the idea of boxing.

KwonJigglypuff

She already has a "Ground Stance" move. Head face down to opponent grab after being knocked down (it is her tackle, leads to PPP mount stance). Unlisted in the commands but still very useful against people who don't know she has it and like to stay close for that extra damage (like her mount break recovery attacks), think Tina/Leon/Bayman (except Bayman's is face up feet to opponent).

She doesn't really need anything, I neglect over half the list anyway just going by how useful half the list really is.

It would be nice if she had something similar to Zack's 4P stance, seeing as she is a boxer and all (MMA is not a style, it is a sport. It's quite terrifying how few people understand that and I am in no way bashing the opening post, just so you know). Something like block-to-counter strikes that could hold to the idea of boxing.

Except that it is not really a stance.
And just like you said, Tina/Leon have it, so that is clearly not an individuality, something I'm looking for. I'm trying to define Mila, and as much as I love her, I find it hard to do so.

Thanks for the information about MMA. ^^

AegisOrnus

As an ex-Ein player, I'm fine with what Mila has. She needs maybe a couple more options in the way of strikes but she works fine. Not every character needs to be defined by a move they do (which would be her tackle as it is now and how it's utilized throughout a match anyway) or by having some crazy style. Mila's a practical character, she has the stuff she needs to take on the opponent. What makes her a bit more special is that her performance is really defined by the player using her. This is most noticeable during a Mila mirror-match. It's personally the only mirror-match I find the most fun in any game, let alone finding it enjoyable at all, reason being that it doesn't feel like the match is run by whatever shenanigans a player pulls out. It's a honest-to-goodness beat-down. Changing her to be any other way would ruin the character imho.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD