[Jan 20, 2013] SoCal Regionals 2013 AE, UMVC3, TTT2, SCV, DOA5 (Irvine, California)

NukNuks

We need to get a player cap for each team. Any suggestions for how many players in each team?
3-6. Have a free round robin with those who want to apply for a team in one of the hotel rooms. Those that make the cut have to put money on the line as a buy-in (price to be negotiated). When teams are settled we do a FT5 with each member of the opposing team. Each set you win in the FT5 counts towards the overall score of the team even if you don't win the whole FT5. Team with the overall higher score wins. Team members divide the winnings amongst each other. 1 side of California prevails as BEST overall.

Just my suggestion..

Tenren

depends on how many show up. Id say 4v4 or 5v5. Thats usually the format. Cap take turns draft style picking members. Then you pick the order of your team as cap. The first goes up and stays till he loses. Thats normally how they run at EVO. SoCal did the same for KOF last year. FOr MvC they always put Filipino Champ as the anchor and he mows there the other team lol

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
There are quite a few of us already planning on showing up so I don't think the numbers will be too much of a problem.

Renarism

shadow brought this to my attention ... this can definitely be plausible for me... Sounds pretty fun!! :)

~Renarism

ikodomo

Early registration prices for SCR ends on tomorrow on sunday. I'm registering tomorrow. Any else sign up yet?

Vincent Rayne

Early registration prices for SCR ends on tomorrow on sunday. I'm registering tomorrow. Any else sign up yet?
not yet. don't have a bank account opened up yet. if someone could pay for me then i'll repay them immediately in cash, that'd be awesome.

ikodomo

not yet. don't have a bank account opened up yet. if someone could pay for me then i'll repay them immediately in cash, that'd be awesome.
I would help out, but used it for early registration. I'll let you know next week if I can help you out if you still need to register later.

If anyone is interested in rooming up with Tenren, Shadow, Crimson, Additive (Maybe), Snakz (Maybe) and me for SCR, message me for more details ASAP. We will also be having casual stations for DOA at the hotel. If you want to bring another fighting game such as MK, SC and etc, you are welcome to do so.

Tenren

so Its on NorCal vs SoCal DOA lets make it hype. Do you guys want a 4 or 5 man team. Also $5 or $10 buy in. Winner take all. Im planing to run it pokemon style
Format:
Player A (team 1) will play Player A (team 2)
if team 1 wins then:
Player A (Team 1) will play Player B (team 2)
and so forth. Players that lose are eliminated, and their partner will play

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Oh snap. Let's get some KOF style team play in son! LOL Who is going to play on what team? They have home turf advantage lol.

Tenren

if anyone is still looking for a hotel room. I have one, could fit 1 or 2 more. Let me know

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
It's funny looking back when the NorCal vs SoCal idea first came up. I doubt anyone expected for it to happen. Well we'll just call it Dream Match 2013 lol. Now we just need the Eastcoast vs Westcoast to happen.

Anyone else notice the rules for this tournament? Looks like someone copy-pasta'd without reading it.

http://www.socalregionals.com/?page_id=43

• Dead or Alive 5 will take place on the Xbox360 console.
  • 3/5 rounds
  • 2/3 match points for entire tournament
  • Double Elminination
  • Normal Life Setting
  • 60 Second Time Limit
  • Dangerzones are on
  • Random Stage select
  • Metroid Stage is banned(DOA Dimensions)
  • Experimental Playround stage is banned(DOA 4.1)
  • Hayate’s Cartwheel is banned(DOA 3.1
  • Winner Lock – Winner must stay same character, Loser may pick
    - Random character can be chosen, but if the player wins they must choose the same character for the second match.
  • Blind pick is allowed

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD