Japan DOA

UnD34D

I'm On my way! There now. I keep getting lost on the fucking trains though. This is what I get for not speaking any japanese

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Will be out the door in a few minutes.

Too bad it's spinklin and a little cooler today (well that's good but waitin outside might be cold).

See ya there!

UnD34D

I'm entered, I think my first match is at 10:50

I dunno if I saw you or not, I was cosplaying Cody from street fighter though

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Didn't see you.
I got there after 11 and think the prelims were finished (where they in a public place?).
Had my 8WR hat on.

Saw the director (after I noticed it was him) but didn't think of anything to say (then after wanted to ask about the net code).

Watched the finals. Akane won, there was a Leifang in it- YAY!

Played on VS game against a foreign guy (Akira, he said he wasn't a VF playa though).
I changed to/used a stick (cool that they had pads and sticks!).
Unfortunately I don't use the stock button setup (my set up is guard, punch, kick, throw on a SC like button set up).
Since it was only 2 rounds I was dead before I could figure out all the buttons (never did find punch...).
And nice that throw is my guard (re my muscle memory helped kill me quicker).

Went and did other things, only played the one game.

Did see the director at the PS3 booth for his 10 min time attack attempt. Think he won 4-2.

Played Gamerbee on VF in the Razor booth (didn't know it was him, was it really him?)- I TOOK HIM DOWN with my Pai.
He told me he doesn't play VF and I said I'm the same.
Maybe he let me win? (Nope, see EDIT below)

When the Razor comes out I will probably be buyin one, good stick, good ideas.

If Kali was there in her Leifang she would ripped up the resta the cosplayas (IMHO).

EDIT
Tweeted GamerBee and it wasn't him, guess the guy in the Razor booth looked like him.

UnD34D

Yeah I only saw one other leifang and she was fat. A TON of people took my picture though, I'm practically blind. I got knocked out first match, which sucks, but it was cool. TK provided me with a translator but honestly, going in cold, and only one match single elim sucked, I didn't even have time to do shit, and I was pretty frustrated because the guy who beat me wasn't very good.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Well Kali woulda blown away all the others, no matter what chara they were cosin.
I walked through twice, didn't see any Leifang.

Ya, Japanese comps are like that, maybe no prac and singles w/3 rounds even in finals.

Your ava- is that the girl from that web series (forgot the name)?

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
That's what I thought.
Saw them all on my 360, did the series finish or disappear?
EDIT line-
Saw on Wiki. Guess I saw up to season 4. Season 6 starts in Oct. Maybe I'll catch the rest and see what's up.

And after DOA5 hits and I get some prac time we gotta get together (gonna prob have to be a Sunday for me)!
I live a few stations from where we were today.
Hopefully we can get a little group goin (one or more of my buds may jump on board).
If we can get together about once a month it'd be great.

UnD34D

Haha I don't think I can afford to do it once a month, and definitely couldn't do it on sundays

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Forgot you are like far away.

The only day I don't work is Sunday...

Wasn't GamerBee I beat.
Tweeted him and he said he didn't play any VF in TGS.
Thanks for answerin GamerBee!
Guess I did play someone that didn't know how to play.
I just put my SC skillz to work and applied 'em to Pai!

xFatalDMG

So I've found this store that may have an early release for DOA here in Shiki, but I'll have to go back and check it out to make sure.

UnD34D

I'm preordered at Amazon JP.
Work and won' be able to play till Sat night anyways...

Fan made promo vid:

BloodBurger1 DOA5 vid review:

Report on the KT booth DOA5 comp:
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/538/538907/
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201209/23021698.html
Mochi_A wasn't at the KT booth cause he was in a FIFA comp they had at the same time.

KT Cosplay report:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201209/23021710.html
Hey you can see my white ass in the dengeki.com pics. second row, white guy with a red/grey backpack lol.

Allan Paris

UnDead, what character did you play with? I thought you were going to win whatever it was you were playing in.

You BUM!

UnD34D

UnDead, what character did you play with? I thought you were going to win whatever it was you were playing in.

You BUM!
I used Jann Lee. I honestly still think I would have won had I known it wasn't 2 matches. I'm pretty pissed off about it though to be honest.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Almost every comp in Japan is single elim best outta 5 rounds (first to 3) for 3D gamez and best outta 3 (first to 2) for 2D.

UnD34D

Nah, single elim means after you lose to one person you're out, but one match is a single match, two matches is like, whoever gets two wins between you and i first wins.

Talim JP

Leifang practitioner
Premium Donor
Oh, it's also single match in JP land too.

SBO (Tougeki) even uses these rules.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD