DOA5LR Japanese Release Date and Package details rumored

Brute

Standard Donor
From Eventhubs.

Eventhubs said:
Koei Tecmo will be announcing later this week a February 19, 2015 release date for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (PS3, PS4, X360, XB1) through the usual Japanese video game magazines, according to anonymous reports from those who've managed to obtain early copies (via Games Talk).

No pricing details for the standard edition of the game have been revealed through the early reports yet. The PS4 and XB1 versions will be sold for 7,344 yen (~US$69) at retailers, and 6,480 yen (~US$60) digitally on PSN and XBL. PS3 and X360 copies will go for 6,264 yen (~US$58) at retail, and 5,554 yen (~US$52) digitally. There will also be free-to-play editions of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Dead or Alive 5 Last Round.

There will also be a Collector's Edition, priced at 12,744 yen (~US$119) for the PS4 version, and 11,664 yen (~US$109) for PS3.

Additionally, in Japan Koei Tecmo is planning to release a "Strongest Edition" package of the PS3 and PS4 versions, priced at 26,784 yen (~US$251) and 27,864 yen (~US$261) respectively. No details were given as to what would be included in those special editions, or if they would be available outside of Japan.

Two of the game's new stages (returning from past entries in the series) will be detailed in the Japanese game magazines this week. In addition, sparse details on both of the new characters in Dead or Alive 5 Last Round were also dropped.

The two new stages unveiled this time are "Danger Zone" from DOA1 (which was also previously shown in the game's debut trailer), and "Crimson" from DOA2.

As for the new characters, Team Ninja is hinting that one of them is someone "that series fans have been eagerly awaiting for", but perhaps done in a style similar to NyoTengu. The other new character is a brand new female character created from scratch, who is said to be "the biggest" (likely in a specific area) among all of the characters in the game thus far.

Sounds rather pricey. Wonder if they come with statues/figurines.

Last edited by a moderator:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Thread re-opened due to this.

I expect the Kasumi statue to come in it, w/ a massive version of THIS:
og.jpg

And obviously some more stuff.

Kronin

Thread re-opened due to this.

It would be awesome but sadly I don't think so: like JKT wrote, the price is not too much different from the Collector's edition of DoA5 Ultimate that included different kind of gadgets:

That "Strongest Edition" package for a hefty $250...

Lets compare what TN did for DOA5U. According to Siliconera, Japanese players were able to buy a combined package containing both of the following sets for 24,990 yen (this equates to $233.45):

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/0...ltry-and-expensive-special-editions-in-japan/

kasumi_blue_goods_thumb.jpg

momiji_red_goods_thumb.jpg

Description of each package:
  • Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate game

• Ultimate sexy costume download code

• Dead or Alive 5 original soundtrack CD Vol. 3

• “I’m a Fighter” B2 Poster Set (of 12)

• 3D Mousepad

• Special Cards

• Life-sized tapestry

• Bath poster

That being said, I don't think TN would deviate too much from the previous selection of merchandise. I think it would contain similar items, only it would be centred around the new characters/DLC characters like Marie Rose, Nyotengu and Phase 4. e.g. a 3D mousepad for the new female character + maybe Nyotengu.

David Gregg

"coughs" Donovan "cough" Genra's moveset "cough"

Yeah wow that's actually quite a jump in the price. They had originally said $40 for the PS4/X1 versions and $70 is almost double. :eek:

But wait...does that mean those are the only 2 new stages as in no Aerial Gardens?

supernatural-dean.gif

Why TN? It's so much better than Crimson.

Kronin

Yeah wow that's actually quite a jump in the price. They had originally said $40 for the PS4/X1 versions and $70 is almost double. :eek:

But wait...does that mean those are the only 2 new stages as in no Aerial Gardens?

supernatural-dean.gif

I can't believe it, I realized just now with your post that the prices changed, and not only but that the PS3 and the Xbox 360 version will get a retail version too.

By the way nothing in the article say that the new stages will be only two, just that The Crimson and Danger Zone will get the focus in the next released infos about the game. Be sure that we will get more stages.

Last edited:

Aerospark

Standard Donor
Hey, it comes out literally a month after my birthday. r00d. My guess is the new male character will more than likely be Bankotsubo, I haven't seen many requests for any other male characters.. as for the female being the "biggest in a specific area" I hope they don't mean bust size (which they probably do), because I can't see any other female having a larger chest than Rachel lmao

Kronin

Bankotsubo is IMO the less likely after that his movest was inherited from Nyotengu, and the chances for him are now even more slim after the hint that we could get again an old moveset in a new chara.

Personally I saw various requests for Raidou together with Tengu, it's this the reason because I see his "return" more likely than Genra's one (but of course I'm talking of what I saw on FB and Twitter, I have no idea of who between them is the favourite from the Japanese fanbase).

Last edited:

Argentus

I kinda wish someone would inherit Nicole's move set. Rachel doesn't count, its so modified for her that its nowhere near the same.

crapoZK

Standard Donor

In that build yes. The possibilities of getting AG or even Koku An or Burai Zenin are still very likely.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD