JPN [PS3] Matchmaking in 日本

Crext

Standard Donor
Can they even access our PSN? Never seen anyone with a Japanese lettered name on.

Nereus

Standard Donor
Can they even access our PSN? Never seen anyone with a Japanese lettered name on.
Lol yeah they can.... the reason why you never see their names in Japanese symbols is because you can't put them like that i believe.

xFatalDMG

Yea, psn restricts japanese lettering from being used in names. Hence, you typically see romaji characters.

Crext

Standard Donor
Aaah, that explain it. This explains so much when I start to thing about it... oh my.

shochusunet

The New Year slowdown is upon us. Anybody stuck in Japan like myself, and feel like getting some good grinding sessions in? Tomorrow especially I'd think would be a good time to level up.

xFatalDMG

I'd play this game offline only now to be honest. Online is dead.

I may play this game a bit, but now I'm too focused on Gundam Extreme Vs lol

ModusPwnins

Not sure if anyone in this thread is still alive/ active, but I'll be heading to Japan, Tokyo area on August 13 for Comic Market and then staying for about a week. Don't know who I'd get in contact with to get some games in on the arcade port of DOA.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Not sure if anyone in this thread is still alive/ active, but I'll be heading to Japan, Tokyo area on August 13 for Comic Market and then staying for about a week. Don't know who I'd get in contact with to get some games in on the arcade port of DOA.

Maybe @EMPEROR_COW can help ya

ModusPwnins

Welp T minus 11 hours until my departure. Will be arriving in Tokyo around 12:55PM on Wednesday 8/13 local time. Staying over at the Ginza Capital Hotel Main next to Tsukiji/ Shintomicho station which looks to be about 5 stops away from Akihabara. Hope to see and play some of you guys over at Taito Hey!

ModusPwnins

Visited Akibahara today and checked out Taito Hey! Didn't see a single DOA5U set up or anyone playing for that matter. Walked across the street and down a bit to Club Sega, they had DOA5U on this multi-game arcade cabinet but nobody was playing. Played one full playthrough vs the computer, nobody joined in :/

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
What time did you go? It's typically hottest on the weekends or weekdays after work hours.

ModusPwnins

Headed out to Akihabara around 5-6PM local time yesterday and stayed until about 8?. I'll be going again today to browse the entirety of Akihabara (in one day, haha yea right).

ModusPwnins

Ok so it turns out I went to the wrong place (the huge red Taito Game Station), same thing with Club Sega. Found the actual Club Sega a little ways down the street as well as Taito like the next building over. Managed to get myself an Aime card. Hopefully I didn't come off as this awkward mofo since I was trying to shake hands and greet everyone I played with my super-ass Japanese, mostly english.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Heh.

And are you sure you went to the right Hey!. It's like three or four stores to the right of Club Sega in Akihabara right off the JR line.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD