"Kasumi! Kasumi! Kasumi!" Ayane's angst thread

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
I love the girl but she definitely isn't the smartest character

I'd like to hear what makes you to think that. Referring to some stupid decisions she made in the story, I would say it's more a kind of greenness. However, she's smarter as most of the other females (like Leifang :rolleyes:) imo.

Chapstick

The stupid decisions are exactly what makes me think that. Instead of thinking about something she blindly acts on emotion. I'm not saying she's an idiot, just that she isn't the smartest. DOA5 is starting to turn it around though, I like DOA5 (True) Kasumi the most.

Out of the first 3 females in DOA1 I think Tina is actually the smartest seeing what she's accomplished throughout the series.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Haha, I see.
Well, I guess TN made her that way to get some "damsel in distress" - situations easily. Such stories always start with some actions on emotion.:rolleyes:
And yes, although I don't like that, one has to admit that Tina seems to be smarter xD

phoenix1985gr

if we are talking about smartness as who has the most IQ then maybe Tina is yes, but if we are taking a more general aproach (as in who makes the most "right" desicions) i would give the title first to kasumi then to fang and third on Tina (assuming we only are talking about doa1) from all the females "smartest" would probably go to Helena or Lisa

Chapstick

Making the "right" decision has nothing to do with intelligence, it has to do with a sense of justice. Which Kasumi definitely has and I like that about her. You cripple her brother, you get killed simple as that

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
I was more talking about all DOA parts in general, while I also have to admit that I've never played the older ones (DOA5 first). I just read a lot about them later and watched the story mode cutscenes on YT.

I would agree with Chap, it's definitely not that smart to jump right out of the bed in the night without a plan just because you think your brother needs to be revenged because he got whooped. You could end up easily meeting some jelly friends who look almost like you :D

Although even revenge is not always the right thing. Only in a closed-minded sense of justice.

And yeeee Brute, of course Ryu can't be wrong in any way :rolleyes:.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD