"Kasumi! Kasumi! Kasumi!" Ayane's angst thread

synce

Wow there's actually barely any Kasumis, at least on the 360's NA servers. After spending an hour in training with her I can sort of see why. You can't just mash P and do cartwheels all day

Her combos are very technical and weak, and with simulated lag it's almost like a cruel joke. Maybe down the line I'll pick her up, right now it seems like too much work.

Brute

Standard Donor
She's easily one of the most popular on PSN. Up there with Ayane.
And the spams of that damn 66K... I hate that fucking move.

Chaos

HAha same. I love playing as Kasumi but hate fighting her.
You think fighting Kasmui is bad try going against Sarah, fucking hate her lighting fast OP kicks & her ridiculous 7 frame jabs LOL & please don't get me started on Jann Lee with his annoying OH.

Sixmsj

Wow there's actually barely any Kasumis, at least on the 360's NA servers. After spending an hour in training with her I can sort of see why. You can't just mash P and do cartwheels all day

Her combos are very technical and weak, and with simulated lag it's almost like a cruel joke. Maybe down the line I'll pick her up, right now it seems like too much work.
Agree, any of the ninjas are rare to see.

Doug Nguyen

You think fighting Kasmui is bad try going against Sarah, fucking hate her lighting fast OP kicks & her ridiculous 7 frame jabs LOL & please don't get me started on Jann Lee with his annoying OH.
I fulle agree with this. I cant ever counter Sarah or Jan. I cant tell if they are doing high or mid punches.

extravagant

I got a question, how do all her colors work?

Like, I know you can hold R1, R2, L1, L2, Square, X, Triangle, and Left And Right for alternate costume colors/undergarment colors/other stuff.

but is that it? I've done my best to try all combinations yet I still see some people pull off other colors that I've never seen before. Like her sun dress costume, I've seen people select her with the polka dot panties. How'd they do that?

Yes I'm a sick perv. Thanks.

Brute

Standard Donor
I don't remember all the buttons, but typical the panties are the only thing that will change color (hence my lack of caring to remember each input for each costume). Some characters will get alternate hair or clothes options as well as glasses. Ayane's glasses are usually red-trimmed, and you can remove her hat on her ugly dress costume and her snow outfit but pressing L1. Or is it R1? I press both.

GLoRToR

I got a question, how do all her colors work?

Like, I know you can hold R1, R2, L1, L2, Square, X, Triangle, and Left And Right for alternate costume colors/undergarment colors/other stuff.

but is that it? I've done my best to try all combinations yet I still see some people pull off other colors that I've never seen before. Like her sun dress costume, I've seen people select her with the polka dot panties. How'd they do that?

Yes I'm a sick perv. Thanks.
http://www.doaworld.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3870-doa5-costume-customization-accessory-list/

synce

ss-kas_zps2c5ffa25.jpg

OG Kasumi... found it in an old Saturn magazine

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
I always thought Kasumi actually looked generic back in DOA1. Leifang was the one who looked awesome. Wasn't until DOA2 where I thought Kasumi looked amazing.

Chapstick

What they wrote there makes no sense. xD They say she's the brains but instead of giving a reason why call her a fox

JusTheBest29

I guess they called her the brains since she's the protagonist therefore making her role important in the games(like how the brain is important to the body), so I guess it makes sense that way.

Brute

Standard Donor
I guess they called her the brains since she's the protagonist therefore making her role important in the games(like how the brain is important to the body), so I guess it makes sense that way.
A more accurate analogy would be that she's the "heart."

The only way she could be the "brains" is if you looked at it in a meta-sense, in that TN knows that sex sells and that they sexualize Kasumi at nausea, so they use Kasumi to rally the masses in a marketing scheme, which would be indicative of them using their brain.

In simplified terms: TN thinks boobs are their brain.

synce

Hah I know what you mean. It's hard to take anyone seriously after you've seen them in a string bikini (or cheerleader outfit... or nurse... etc etc)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD