Koei Tecmo Donated 500,000 USD to Help Ukraine Refugees

Twenty days ago, Koei Tecmo donated 500,000 USD (61,830,000 Japanese Yen) to help out with refugee efforts in Ukraine, and the impact of this is significant because alongside Sega they were among the first Japanese game companies to offer assistance to Ukraine. According to Kotaku, Koei Tecmo plans to get their players involved with donation efforts in the future. No matter what your political beliefs may be, it's a universal belief to care for the people that have no choice, have lost their homes, and possibly torn away from their loved ones.

The first order of business for most American companies was to announce the dismissal of goods to be sold in Russia due to the illegal invasion of Ukraine. Despite the debatable relationship between Japan and Russia - Tecmo Koei made it very apparent they would help Ukraine very early on in this war which could be viewed by most as courageous and commendable. As the weeks went by you started seeing more involvement with game companies such as Epic now raising over 70 million dollars for efforts in Ukraine. As they say it only takes a spark to get a fire going.

Koei Tecmo had a record-breaking year in 2021 financially. Their current profits are double the average year for them, and as they grow financially, they show financial maturity, and this donation is proof of that. Between refugee efforts and also donating to COVID-19 efforts over a year ago, KT proves that they want to keep world peace and stability a main priority and they don't let the money they make get to their heads.

@deathofaninja with the clutch lel. Wild that you encountered someone like this.

FPF6aypWUAMNwxA

It's almost as if people can't do anything else besides talking about DOA, Jesus what a drone lol.

People be like: "No DOA news? how dare you I am enraged. Without DOA life has no meaning. You should be writing about DOA and DOA only, nothing else matters to me not even humans. I can't believe this DOAN, you should be better than this. As a DOA fan of the upmost priority, I am disappointed in you regarding the lack of DOA news."

SeRaH wHeRes mY goDdDaMn GamE

The sad part is she makes a point by saying people don't care. It's because of self-interest and lack of life experience that you get comments like this. I believe it's fun to troll and act a fool online, but this was a type of post I feared I could see before I made the post.

People always want to see the negative before they see the good of anything anyone does. Go look at the hair rental posts. Our most viewed story of that year. Not the release of the game, not the pre-release material or the tournament write-ups. The fucking hair and the fucking bikinis.

Understandable. Actually speaking of that, it is also possible that this is just another PR stunt from KT. Even from SEGA too lol not just throwing only KT under the bus here.

What they did is pretty awesome, I definitely won't deny that. It's just the way things are handled and how things just align itself where people are very easy to forgive KT for every possible littlest of things. Props for KT still. It's just extremely easy to mix the two.

An example I saw from FB: "Koei Tecmo just donated 500k to Ukraine, KT has changed and I can see a bright future coming with Atelier and DOA, can't wait for all their Samurai Warriors sale soon :)". << Yikes a bit of copium, and all it took was from that to change a person lol. Like let me tell you, I freaking love Nioh so shoutouts to KT for that (mostly TN gets that credit obviously), but it still doesn't change the fact that KT in itself is still a wack company compared to most companies out there though, I legit find them equivalent to EA. It just has that "Donate 500K and you are now the most reputable and best caring company in the world". Namco can pop in 700K and now they are the most caring company. The context can just be taken that way.

Not trying to be heartless here, and inb4 anyone goes "it's not about the money, it's about how much they care about others". Right true, but every other company can do the same if they truly went out there way for it, for all we know, they could of had to make a board meeting out of this instead of doing it right away. All i'm saying is, KT is not that special, but having it as news is pretty dandy so they have to care in some form or another. Konami could drop 1 mil, though still doesn't change the fact Konami is pretty ass currently lol. At the end of the day, what Koei Tecmo did is cool so yeah.

Last edited:
I completely agree with that. I'm not forgetting their business decisions, but I do admire the way they manage their money for a smaller gaming company they know how to deal.

I feel like I've been rough on ol' KT for long enough and I'm trying to soften up a bit so yeah.

I feel like I've been rough on ol' KT for long enough and I'm trying to soften up a bit so yeah.

Yeah it's understandable. Personally I will remain vigilant and stern with KT because of their business practices, costs they provide doesn't justify their values, and marketing. I don't respect KT, but I do respect TN for their work throughout the years.

Last edited:
Spoiler: Zelensky will escape or die, Ukraine will be a neutral state without joining any organisations, Crimea stays Russian territory, Donetsk and Luhansk will be independent or joining Russia, bye
P.S. KTs USD went for weapons lol not for citizens, since Ukrainian army uses citizens like human shield.

Last edited:
Spoiler: Zelensky will escape or die, Ukraine will be a neutral state without joining any organisations, Crimea stays Russian territory, Donetsk and Luhansk will be independent or joining Russia, bye
P.S. KTs USD went for weapons lol not for citizens, since Ukrainian army uses citizens like human shield.

No the donation did not call for weapons. That would be a lie.

If Putin didn’t understand the price of war, he certainly does now. Now if the US didn’t think Putin would press the nuke button (because he’s insane) this thing would be over and we would be sending your people back home alive.

Russian POWs have said on many occasions that they either didn’t know where they were going or said they were passing through so I think that kind of proves that this is Putin’s war and not anybody else’s. I do believe that pride comes before a fall. Putin’s pride is going to be the end of him.

I mean.... you could always just try NOT attacking your neighbors. It works well for most civilized countries.

Pure hipocrisy. So why KT didn't donate for separated republics in 2014 back then, there were much more victims or refugees, when Ukrainian army killed their own citizens, or wait, nioh and doa5lr development were more important point lol

Pure hipocrisy. So why KT didn't donate for separated republics in 2014 back then, there were much more victims or refugees, when Ukrainian army killed their own citizens, or wait, nioh and doa5lr development were more important point lol
You're missing the point of this thread Maru, I'd probably stop replying since you're making yourself look a way you may not intend to..

Or you could just you know, not worry about it too much involving KT. I severely doubt a Japanese gaming corporate donated to pick sides here. While I truly believe KT isn't a great company, I don't believe they'll be the type to fully bolster their funding with separate entities and situations in real life political and getting fully immersed in it. There doesn't seem to be any reason to do so.

But then again, you really been on this streak lately the moment TN created Nioh and stepped away from DOA to freelance other games. You even went out your way to take a tweet from Mochi and created this story behind it out of nowhere lol.

Just move on, there is plenty of games and companies out there.

or wait, nioh and doa5lr development were more important point lol

Side note, Nioh & DOA5LR was released far before this. Completely unrelated.

Or you could just you know, not worry about it too much involving KT. I severely doubt a Japanese gaming corporate donated to pick sides here. While I truly believe KT isn't a great company, I don't believe they'll be the type to fully bolster their funding with separate entities and situations in real life political and getting fully immersed in it. There doesn't seem to be any reason to do so.

But then again, you really been on this streak lately the moment TN created Nioh and stepped away from DOA to freelance other games. You even went out your way to take a tweet from Mochi and created this story behind it out of nowhere lol.

Just move on, there is plenty of games and companies out there.

Side note, Nioh & DOA5LR was released far before this. Completely unrelated.
@DestructionBomb Start of war is summer 2014, doa5lr reveal and release : autumn 2014- spring 2015, nioh reveal -2015, don't count start of development through. War started not 2022 but 2014

The only thing I care that KT won't delay their plans on reveals because of "solidarity" and something like ", there is war, no times for announcements"

@DestructionBomb Start of war is summer 2014, doa5lr reveal and release : autumn 2014- spring 2015, nioh reveal -2015, don't count start of development through. War started not 2022 but 2014

Isn't that still completely unrelated? alright so if by some logic that KT is fully immersed in that situation, I still don't see how that is involved with Nioh and DOA5LR. Koei Tecmo only involved with themselves presently (which isn't even a real involvement by the way). All they did was drop some money in. It's a gaming company. Do you expect them to go out their way and get even more involved? what for lol?

The only thing I care that KT won't delay their plans on reveals because of "solidarity" and something like ", there is war, no times for announcements"

That is straight copium though. You are still here wondering about every single thing regarding Koei Tecmo, it's literally living rent free in your head because they made another game lololol. For some odd reason you have this weird fixation for the past many months of how much you despite KT to work on other games so now it has something to do with them donating money in.

Yes yes you hate Nioh and how successful it became and you are still unhappy that KT wants to make other things other than DOA like a standard gaming company, just go play other games.

Last edited:
Isn't that still completely unrelated? alright so if by some logic that KT is fully immersed in that situation, I still don't see how that is involved with Nioh and DOA5LR. Koei Tecmo only involved with themselves presently (which isn't even a real involvement by the way). All they did was drop some money in. It's a gaming company. Do you expect them to go out their way and get even more involved? what for lol?

That is straight copium though. You are still here wondering about every single thing regarding Koei Tecmo, it's literally living rent free in your head because they made another game lololol. For some odd reason you have this weird fixation for the past many months of how much you despite KT to work on other games so now it has something to do with them donating money in.

Yes yes you hate Nioh and how successful it became and you are still unhappy that KT wants to make other things other than DOA like a standard gaming company, just go play other games
@DestructionBomb have around 45 different games (don't count KTs) but don't play kek (like nier, witcher, resident evil, cyberpunk, yakuza, tr, some fighting games)

Whoa...nothing has changed lol. Humanity does some good and some negative individuals try their best to discredit good deeds.

Sure TN has made some poor choices in their DOA/Gaming History, but helping real life people in a time of need shouldn't have ANY connection to what they've done with their videogames.

So many heartless and insensitive people...anyway, I appreciate those here who still genuinely care for other people's well-being. Also, much respect to Koei Tecmo for their selfless donation.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD