Koei Tecmo: Games, Developer & Business News

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Special Atelier Ryza YouTube program will be airing in a few hours. Will highlight the upcoming Atelier Ryza anime. Would be great to see this for DOA.

Next Fate/Samurai title coming soon from KT.

Last edited:

TheHunterKiller692

Koei Tecmo recently stated to Escapist that they are interested in making a Star Wars Musou game.

KT first expressed interest with one of their oldest developers Omega to make a Star Wars game back in 2015.
They shout it from the rooftops, but realize that SC4 wasn't carried by that game having Vader or Yoda in it. I understand that Star Wars is within their wheelhouse and all, but if Halo isn't on the table for a Musou game (and I did bring that up on Koei-Tecmo's Global Hangout), I'm gonna be mad as hell. Not just because Tecmo could make sure Omega can put 343 on speed-dial, but also because Star Wars in Disney's hands was never a good idea in the first place.

Not to mention, because Disney sucks at handling the franchises it owns, they're at risk of getting rid of Lucasfilm from their lineup, leading to a lot of speculation.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Nobunaga's Ambition: Rebirth Developer Stream at Koei Tecmo's YT Channel

This old franchise still seems to be quite popular overseas if the live chat is of any indication.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Atelier: Marie Remake comes out tomorrow and Koei Tecmo's provided me with an early copy as they did with Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty and season pass content. It will all be getting reviewed at some point. Major props to KT (they must like me a little). I streamed earlier, but it's in no way my forte and prefer writing my stories and sharing on Twitter, but feel free to follow and watch me on Twitch learning the ins and outs of Atelier: Marie Remake this month.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Koei Tecmo's Gust are going to announce the latest Atelier title on the 8th of August. It's going to be hard for them to top Ryza, but let's see what's in store. By the way - this is the third Atelier title (plus an episodic anime) to be announced and possibly release this year. Koei Tecmo is pushing the series to succeed hard. My opinion on the series after playing a lot of Ryza & Marie is that it's a great Turn-Based JRPG franchise. I have missed TB quite a bit so this has been a refreshing series for me.

TheHunterKiller692

Pretty disappointing how they determine what console to release these on. Makes the accessibility of their games extremely complicated.
I get you're one of those "Xbox or die" people, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo having a minority stock ownership doesn't have to force their games on the Switch unless the hardware can run them.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD