Koei Tecmo: Games, Developer & Business News

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I get you're one of those "Xbox or die" people, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo having a minority stock ownership doesn't have to force their games on the Switch unless the hardware can run them.

Yeah, but I wouldn't be so sure that it doesn't help or benefit them either. It's a snarky way to do business especially after what we found out about Sony in the FTC vs Microsoft case. The funny thing is this Atelier game isn't coming to PS or the Switch. So, for someone who plays all of them; they have to dip into another ecosystem.

TheHunterKiller692

Yeah, but I wouldn't be so sure that it doesn't help or benefit them either. It's a snarky way to do business especially after what we found out about Sony in the FTC vs Microsoft case.
You do realize that what you said basically advocated for Xbox to become a monopoly over the industry, even if it's not going to be immediately apparent. And if it's not, it'll feel that way if someone HAS to play Redfall or Starfield on PC and the Switch can't run either of them, due to outdated or faulty hardware. But, give it a rest. You sound like you're gonna heckle Koei-Tecmo if they don't do what you want them to. How is that a solution?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
You do realize that what you said basically advocated for Xbox to become a monopoly over the industry, even if it's not going to be immediately apparent. And if it's not, it'll feel that way if someone HAS to play Redfall or Starfield on PC and the Switch can't run either of them, due to outdated or faulty hardware. But, give it a rest. You sound like you're gonna heckle Koei-Tecmo if they don't do what you want them to. How is that a solution?

How? I noted that all of their business deals for Microsoft were put under public scrutiny and eyes for the entire world to see. Sony's were all done behind closed doors or private phone calls.

I sound like I'm going to heckle Koei Tecmo if they don't do what I want them to do? Really? That's what you think? Right because I haven't showered them with praise for almost everything they've done this year...

TheHunterKiller692

How? I noted that all of their business deals for Microsoft were put under public scrutiny and eyes for the entire world to see. Sony's were all done behind closed doors or private phone calls.
I sound like I'm going to heckle Koei Tecmo if they don't do what I want them to do? Really? That's what you think? Right because I haven't showered them with praise for almost everything they've done this year...
Because you only seem interested in using Japanese people as human shields instead of letting them stand on their own two feet. Besides, Scalebound was canned on Microsoft's watch. How is that good to you? No wonder you have such a hard-on for older DOA games. You're too busy chasing a ghost to see what's in front of you, and would probably end up scaring the people you want to attract.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Because you only seem interested in using Japanese people as human shields instead of letting them stand on their own two feet. Besides, Scalebound was canned on Microsoft's watch. How is that good to you? No wonder you have such a hard-on for older DOA games. You're too busy chasing a ghost to see what's in front of you, and would probably end up scaring the people you want to attract.

First sentence I'm not even going to entertain. Second sentence has no relevance to anything I said.

Hard on for older DOA games? Uh seems like a crazy sentence coming from someone who falsely casted Itagaki as a sex predator, but I actually like all DOA games other than DOAD.

Say what you want about me. I really don't care. You're on my list of 'repeat offenders' who don't learn from their mistakes.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Wild Hearts was recently added to Game Pass for those interested in Koei Tecmo's version of Monster Hunter. The Game Pass check should help recover from losses due to mediocre sales for the title and expand its audience.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
"The average one-year price target for Koei Tecmo Holdings (TYO:3635) has been revised to 2,432.13 / share. This is an decrease of 6.57% from the prior estimate of 2,603.27 dated October 31, 2023.

The price target is an average of many targets provided by analysts. The latest targets range from a low of 1,787.70 to a high of 2,940.00 / share. The average price target represents an increase of 31.25% from the latest reported closing price of 1,853.00 / share."

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
So, they're losing money again. Great.

They didn't lose money in the sense of game sales not meeting expectations but lost 30 million dollars in bad investments that wasn't entirely their fault.

They may not sell millions of copies per game, but they have always been responsible on their budget and money made in return.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD