KOEI's Warriors + Sengoku Basara

Puño de Leyenda

Took me long enough to begin posting in here. lol I'm a big Warriors series guy(Samurai Warriors, Zelda, One Piece, Gundam, Fist of the North Star) and also Capcom's Sengoku Basara series-The latter of which I hope can be allowed in this thread?

For those that have been awaiting the localized version, Samurai Warriors 4 will be releasing pretty soon on 10/21/14. I've been playing the Japanese version since earlier this year and it's been really awesome! LOVE the new Godspeed mechanic for extending combos, traversing distance and clearing mobs! The Create a Warrior option is pretty cool, Story has been really enjoyable so far and the OST is superb! Love playing as the following characters: Sanada Yukimura, Nohime, Naotora li, Mitsuhide Akechi, Nene, Noboyuki Sanada, and Kagekatsu Uesugi.

Here are some SW4 trailers:

Vid that shows the playable cast:

Wanted to share this as well, an amazing Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate(Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate)/Sengoku Basara 4/One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 Combo Video!

Side note-Hyrule Warriors has been amazing so far! Anyone else playing it?

Last edited:

AsheMann21

Took me long enough to begin posting in here. lol I'm a big Warriors series guy(Samurai Warriors, One Piece, Gundam, Fist of the North Star) and also Capcom's Sengoku Basara series-The latter of which I hope can be allowed in this thread?

For those that have been awaiting the localized version, Samurai Warriors 4 will be releasing pretty soon on 10/21/14. I've been playing the Japanese version since earlier this year and it's been really awesome! LOVE the new Godspeed mechanic for extending combos and clearing mobs! The Create a Warrior option is pretty cool, Story has been really enjoyable so far and the OST is superb! Y

Here are some SW4 trailers:

Wanted to share this as well, an amazing Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate(Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate)/Sengoku Basara 4/One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 Combo Video!

Oh well, for simplicity's sake, I'll let it slide :)

Regarding Samurai Warriors 4, I've never played any Sengoku title. The dated movesets don't really appeal to me.
But I will give it a shot once I get next Gen. I've decided to stop buying Musou titles for PS3 and shift them all to PS4.

Puño de Leyenda

Oh well, for simplicity's sake, I'll let it slide :)

Regarding Samurai Warriors 4, I've never played any Sengoku title. The dated movesets don't really appeal to me.
But I will give it a shot once I get next Gen. I've decided to stop buying Musou titles for PS3 and shift them all to PS4.

Awesome! Thanks! ;)

Glad to see that you'll be giving the Sengoku Musou series a shot! 4 is definitely a really awesome addition to the series and Godspeed really spices up the gameplay!

Xernuht

Had some fun with a friend recently, and I got around to showing him DW8. He really took a liking to Cao Cao.

Then he asked about Sengoku Basara and asked if Nobunaga played anything like Cao Cao.

Imagine his disappointment.

That said, he'll likely never know, considering that I unlocked him recently, and I'm enjoying him far too much.

AsheMann21

Now, you can make BABIES sort of

Oh and no English dubs. Not crying over this but it would have been nice to see it.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
so is anyone planning on getting bladestorm, i originally thought it was basically another warriors series but ive recently learned its more like those goddam Kingdom Under Fire games, which i would have liked had they not been literally the most difficult games i ever played.
basically if you've ever looked at your useless men and wished you could command them to do something compatent this is the game for you, or so ive heard.

AsheMann21

so is anyone planning on getting bladestorm, i originally thought it was basically another warriors series but ive recently learned its more like those goddam Kingdom Under Fire games, which i would have liked had they not been literally the most difficult games i ever played.
basically if you've ever looked at your useless men and wished you could command them to do something compatent this is the game for you, or so ive heard.

I might because I loved Kessen 3. This was the supposed Kessen 4 people needed for PS3, though I might get it for PS4.
After how fucking annoying and intolerable Joan was in WO3? Hell no.
Lmao she's the wimpiest Joan ever.

AsheMann21

Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires for PC as well as PS4, Xboxone and PS3.
Also, new weapon changes:
weapon changes.jpg

EDIT: Found some footage of their new EX Attacks and Musous:

Last edited:

Xernuht

No idea why they changed Yueying and Guan Suo's weapons.

I'm okay with Wang Yi, Xiaoqiao, and Lianshi getting those.

The rest are rather odd, but sure, why not?

AsheMann21

Imo, the ones that actually suit the changes are Sun Quan, Xiaoqiao and Guan Suo.

Deng Ai, Liu Shan and Wang Yi aren't necessary though.
Then there's Lianshi. The reason why they gave her a crossbow was because it was part of her design. She's not trained in combat yet she wants to protect her loved ones. Hence, the crossbow as it's a simple weapon.

But I main Yueying though, so weapon changes are all too familiar with me. :p

synce

I finished Hyrule Warriors not too long ago and it was pretty funny... I mean the whole thing felt like an excuse to give Link a harem. Is that a typical thing with Warriors games or was it just TN's influence?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Playing Samurai Warriors 4 on PS4 currently and really enjoying it. Next Warriors title for me will likely be Kaizoku Musou 3 if they don't hurry on the localization. If they do, then I'll grab One Piece Warriors 3 haha.

Xernuht

I finished Hyrule Warriors not too long ago and it was pretty funny... I mean the whole thing felt like an excuse to give Link a harem. Is that a typical thing with Warriors games or was it just TN's influence?

It's more a "just give the LoZ shippers exactly what they want to sell copies" thing. DW/SW/WO are far tamer by comparison.

AsheMann21

The women of Dynasty and Samurai Warriors are quite boring to say the least. Most of them have bland personalities and are usually arm candy for their husbands, though there are a few notable exceptions (Wang Yi, Lu Lingqi).

Argentus

WOO. Okay. Just tried my first battle in Dynasty Warriors 8: Extreme legends. Got my ass kicked lol. First impressions, LuBu's daughter is hotness. But secondly, after having been playing One Piece Pirate Warriors 1 and 2, let me say, the mechanics in DW8XL suck ass. I got used to having a lockon, MASSIVE moveset, cancels, and dashes, so its throwing me off having to use gameplay that's so basic its primitive lol. Other than that, this is the first DW I've played since 2, and I love it.

Also, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to trigger the supers. I get the Circle button one, I got that, but the other one that randomly happens at the end of combos, is what I can't figure out. Like as Lingqi, I'll be attacking and suddenly she'll start spinning her cross pike all around her, faster, and faster and faster and faster, racking up a huge chain and it looks awesome but I can't figure out how I'm triggering it. Help?

AsheMann21

WOO. Okay. Just tried my first battle in Dynasty Warriors 8: Extreme legends. Got my ass kicked lol. First impressions, LuBu's daughter is hotness. But secondly, after having been playing One Piece Pirate Warriors 1 and 2, let me say, the mechanics in DW8XL suck ass. I got used to having a lockon, MASSIVE moveset, cancels, and dashes, so its throwing me off having to use gameplay that's so basic its primitive lol. Other than that, this is the first DW I've played since 2, and I love it.

Also, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to trigger the supers. I get the Circle button one, I got that, but the other one that randomly happens at the end of combos, is what I can't figure out. Like as Lingqi, I'll be attacking and suddenly she'll start spinning her cross pike all around her, faster, and faster and faster and faster, racking up a huge chain and it looks awesome but I can't figure out how I'm triggering it. Help?
For this game, we have 4 supers or 'Musou'.
1.Just press circle whenever a gauge is filled.
2.An aerial musou whereby you must jump in the air then press circle.
3.Another Musou by pressing R1 and Circle at the same time.

What you did was a Rage musou. While attacking and receiving damage, your rage meter (the meter next to your portrait) fills up. Once it's full, press R3 to go into the Rage state. In this state, your musou gauges combine to form one long musou like in the old games. Press and hold the circle button until the animation is done.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD