Kokoro Combo Thread

How about this one?

:6: :6: :P: ... :6: :6: :P+K: :P+K: :2: :P: ... :7: :P: :F: (CB, I added :F: to prevent Kokoro from imputing the wrong attack after) ... :4: :P+K: ... :9: :P: :F: ... :9: :P: :F: ... :7: :P: :K: :P:

I added :F: in most of those inputs, because it gets out of Kokoro's attacks (such as :7: :P: or :9: :P: :F: ) faster.
+k Flamingmuffin is right the 7p isnt guaranteed after heichu 2p. Instead of starting with 66p start with :6::6::P+K::2::P::h::8::P::h::7::P: then i like :7::K:BT:4::P::h::6::K::P::h::2::K::P: 102 damage on light/mid weight

FlamingMuffin

+k Flamingmuffin is right the 7p isnt guaranteed after heichu 2p. Instead of starting with 66p start with :6::6::P+K::2::P::h::8::P::h::7::P: then i like :7::K:BT:4::P::h::6::K::P::h::2::K::P: 102 damage on light/mid weight
Using 9P instead of 8P might be better, as it'd quicker and offers a deeper stun (albeit 2 points less).

Best new post CB (4P+K launch, forgot to mention this heh) I've found is

K 6KP 2KP - lightweights

Extra point over my previous find.

Using 9P instead of 8P might be better, as it'd quicker and offers a deeper stun (albeit 2 points less).

Best new post CB I've found is

K 6KP 2KP - lightweights

I do like 9P a lot in that situation I switch between 8P/9P for that set up. And I'll have to give that new one a try today.

Best new post CB I've found is

K 6KP 2KP - lightweights

I couldn't get the k 6kp 2kpto connect at all even after launches how is the timing on that?

Has anyone been able to find anything to follow up with after her :4::F:. I've been using :6::P+K: but I can't find anything guaranteed and I'm thinking its a useless grab.

PgoezinC

Has anyone been able to find anything to follow up with after her :4::F:. I've been using :6::P+K: but I can't find anything guaranteed and I'm thinking its a useless grab.
It's not useless, but I think most Kokoro players think it is because the possibilities after 4T haven't been explored much. The 3 part throw is obviously the best option for guaranteed damage in throw situations, but 4T has some merit.

First, it generally seems worthless because nothing is guaranteed after the throw. However, primarily you'd be looking to land 66P in their back, which again isn't guaranteed because it can be blocked. But there are ways to loosen up a player that blocks after the throw... and that's by throwing them instead. Eventually, they will try ducking or attacking to avoid being thrown as a follow up to 4T. That's when you can stick them with 66P, although it's a guessing game of when to try it. Then there's the beauty of when you land 66P after 4T, which is when you get guaranteed follow ups...

@0:59 everything after the 66P is guaranteed

@0:35 higher damage potential because it leads to a force tech, but obviously the last K can be tech rolled to avoid being forced.

I've posted this video in another thread, but I'll post it here for an example of a good player that blocks follow ups after 4T. In the 1st round, he blocked my entire follow up, which put him back on offense, which led to him kicking my ass. If you figure they'll block after 4T, you can throw them, which I did in the 2nd and 3rd round. Hypothetically speaking, if I had gotten another 4T in the match, I would have done 66P, since hypothetically speaking, he likely would figure I'd try another throw.

Also, if the Kasumi player is seeing this post, I'm not trying to show you up or clown you. It's just the best video I have to use as an example.

FlamingMuffin

The main problem with 4T is that they can backdash away, making you whiff 66P/66T and be put into a bad spot. You could dash a bit forward first, but then you've just negated your frame advantage.

4T is decent when your back is to a wall. You can walk around them as they get up and make them BT with +10 while standing right beside them (vs 4T's regular +8 and way too much distance, not to mention the 60 vs 25 damage).

PgoezinC

^Exactly. Some players have the capacity to back dash out of it, and if they do it once, then 4T gets thrown out the window and the 3 part throw becomes the primary option. Well, for me anyways. I always do 4T just to see how the opponent deals with it. It's even possible to buffer a hold after 4T and spit in the face of the 66P... or at least I think it is.

It seems like there could be options even when someone backdashes, but you can't really practice those situations. I have a suspicion that 33P might still connect.

NightAntilli

Now that 6P+K stuns, isn't that the best option after it? Of course, if they like blocking, you can always go for 214P to try and maintain the advantage, but since it's slow, they can maybe hit you...

Rapham0n

In combos what does :~: stand for? I've checked the DOA terminology in the wiki but nothing about :~: is listed there.

Koompbala

In combos what does :~: stand for? I've checked the DOA terminology in the wiki but nothing about :~: is listed there.

~ means neutral it started in Tekken. Another way of putting it is pause. You used Tina so one way of writing down Tina's throw from her K would be. K~H+P cause in order for that throw to connect you need to pause a bit.

Rapham0n

~ means neutral it started in Tekken. Another way of putting it is pause. You used Tina so one way of writing down Tina's throw from her K would be. K~H+P cause in order for that throw to connect you need to pause a bit.

Actually in Tekken ~ means that you should press the buttons extremely fast after each other. For example in Tekken 1~2 means you have to press 2 (Right Punch) RIGHT after pressing 1 (Left Punch). Some people refer to it as the "piano input". In Tekken a "N" means neutral.

In Tekken ~ means "immediatly after".

Koompbala

Actually in Tekken ~ means that you should press the buttons extremely fast after each other. For example in Tekken 1~2 means you have to press 2 (Right Punch) RIGHT after pressing 1 (Left Punch). Some people refer to it as the "piano input". In Tekken a "N" means neutral.

In Tekken ~ means "immediatly after".

Unless somethinpg changed as of recent no it doesn't. I haven't been around recently. ~ means the same thing in text form as it does in SC and this game. I know about slide inputs its called many things also called feather inputs so on so forth.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD