Kokoro version 1.03

synce

Nerfed her combo damage and BT stun game... Nothing TOO major but there's also nothing in this patch to make me want to pick her back up :/

PP: changed disadvantage on normal hit and on guard from -3 to -7F.
2K, P2K: changed disadvantage on normal hit from -12 to -15F.
PPT: changed startup from 16 to 17F.
2KT, P2KT: changed startup from 8 to 15F.
9PPT: changed startup from 19 to 22F.
Back-turned 4PT: changed startup from 6 to 17F.
33P: changed disadvantage on guard to -14F.
9P: changed damage from 15 to 12.
66P: changed recovery from 18 to 22F.
7K: changed damage from 26 to 24.
33P+K: changed damage from 28 to 26.
4P+K: changed damage from 24 to 22.
9PP6P, 4PP6P, 6P+KP: changed reaction on back-turned hit to short stun.
3K, 1KK: changed reaction on back-turned hit to short stun.
3K4K, 1KK4K: changed reaction on back-turned hit to short stun.
Changed grab voice for Heichu to something more recognizable.
PP6P: changed hit reaction on normal hit to small limbo stun.
P when Heichu either succeeds or fails: changed hit reaction on normal hit to small stun.
6P+K: changed hit reaction on normal hit to stun.
236T: shortened the derivative followup frames when the move fails from 30 to 26F.
Sidestep P: changed damage from 28 to 22, changed disadvantage on guard from -10 to -14.

Alexqd3

This patch will only scare Kokoro players with bad habits (Attacking after a disadvantage, or relying on attack, attack grab setups). This really did nothing to hurt her game in my opinion.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
This patch will only scare Kokoro players with bad habits (Attacking after a disadvantage, or relying on attack, attack grab setups). This really did nothing to hurt her game in my opinion.
This is when Kokoro players like myself need to play a bit more careful this time.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
I don't understand her 3K4K and strings ending in that getting nerfed at all. But whatever we'll find ways to make her work.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
Doesn't that actually cause a knockdown on BT now? Or am I confused?

It says that they made it give a short stun, which I am assuming means that it is a very light stun that the opponent doesn't even need to SE. Aka she doesn't get anything off of it anymore, but we'll have to see.

Musourenka

66P is now -8 on block. Ughh....

The other thing that kind of worries me is the change to Heichu P. Right now, it's around +24 minimum (assuming opponent SEs). CB set-ups that use that (66P+K -> Heichu P, for example) may be forced into 1.5 guesses versus just one. Worst case scenario, I'm just going to default to Heichu 2P.

The change to 6P+K may have potential, though. A standing low with stun is something that could very much help.

Everything else seems fine.

EDIT: The damage nerfs are acceptable because it seems health now defaults to 270 from 300.

DR2K

She'll still do grown ass man damage thanks to the lifebar decrease, but might have some disadvantages now.

kupo

Damage nerfs are ok since they'll decrease the overall health anyway.
Those frame changes though... I'll wait and see after the patch comes out.

Roroko

9PP6P, 4PP6P, 6P+KP: changed reaction on back-turned hit to short stun.

Hidden move?

6P+K: changed hit reaction on normal hit to stun.

Wait what? It's CS on NH for a move with both a high and low hit level?

66P is now -8 on block. Ughh....

Aargh, is that what 18 to 22f means? Booooooo

CB set-ups that use that (66P+K -> Heichu P, for example) may be forced into 1.5 guesses versus just one. Worst case scenario, I'm just going to default to Heichu 2P.

I found 66P+K -> Heichu P whiffs a lot anyways and use 2P instead.

She'll still do grown ass man damage thanks to the lifebar decrease, but might have some disadvantages now.

She had disadvantages before ...

synce

Thinking about it, universal sidestep buff could hurt her even more now. It used to take 28 frames to SS, now just 20.

Somehow I initially missed the nerf to 66P too, must've read it as 6PP... If it's unsafe on block now that'd be pretty upsetting

FlamingMuffin

Nothing too major, unless 66P is indeed unsafe. I'm getting the feeling they just increased the recovery while increasing the block stun (keeping the -4). PP being unsafeish on block now is also a bit odd, but due to so many follow ups it shouldn't make a difference.

NightAntilli

Why would they increase both the guard stun and the recovery? That basically keeps everything the same. Why would you change something to keep it the same o_O Doesn't seem to make sense. But hey, it's Team Ninja.. We don't know their logic lol. Or maybe it has to do with online tactics.. I've seen quite a few people use 66P and keeping advantage, even though they're obviously not at an advantage.

FlamingMuffin

If 66P is whiffed, takes longer to recover ;). Only reason I'm thinking this, is because other changes state "33P: changed disadvantage on guard to -14F". Why not say "66P changed on guard to -8F" instead of "recovery changed to...".

Or maybe this is just wishful thinking of mine, hoping 66P remains safe (it's definitely abused online. -4 apparently means +4).

NightAntilli

Hm yeah that makes sense. Also helps sidestepping against it. But Kokoro really does not need more disadvantages against sidestepping opponents. That's like her worst weakness.

Musourenka

I hope they kept the effective blocked disadvantage the same and just increased the recovery frames for the sake of whiff-punishing. If they didn't.... then -4 to -8 is what's going to happen.

I also forgot about the universal sidestep buff. I assume it still just sidesteps a single attack despite it being faster?

synce

SS buff may have been a little overhyped. Recovery time is halved and attacks come out 3F quicker, but at the end of the day there's still a ~50F gap from the moment you SS to the moment your attack lands. We'll see in a week or two how it really affects everyone...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD