Last Round - First Impressions

Rapham0n

Never mind checked myself and you do...
Anyway I see DOA5LR Costume Catalog 2 in the marketplace...where's Catalog 1?
Does anyone know where the heck these costume catalogs are for PS3, Europe? On the European PSN these costume catalogs are up for the PS4, but they are nowhere to be found for PS3. WTF?

Shiranui

Well. My impressions so far for PS4 version.

First of all, was DOA5U already running at 60 fps? I rather see any difference with LR...
Nice to see stages and characters in better resolution and more polished, but I'm not a fan of that antialiasing faces... They look like made of plastic. I don't see why all that demand for Rachel's down hair. She looks much better with her default one. Her hair down makes she looks kinda... fat, or less tall.. i don't know. She looks weird. Loving new sparkles and special effects. Disappointed with new tag throws. Ninja2015 costumes are badass. Online works much better for me now. Momiji new hairstyle doesn't fit her at all. Disappointed to see Hayabusa doesn't have hair down like brad. Honoka and Raidou don't exist to me. I like Nyotengu gameplay changes. Dualshock 4 rocks. Izuna Drop festival has begun. In a certain moment the game crashed and turned off my PS4 suddenly o_O

About updates and DLCs:
I guess PS3 update will be available today, since EU official release date is today. DLC has to be found in PSN searching by DOA5 Ultimate, not DOA5 Last Round. If you look for "last round" nothing appears but Core Fighters.

HHH816

my verdict

hmm..i'm not that technical person but i can see some improvement in terms of graphic and model, model skin is improved

stages graphics is so-so still not the level like FF15 or MGS.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
First of all, was DOA5U already running at 60 fps? I rather see any difference with LR...
Nice to see stages and characters in better resolution and more polished, but I'm not a fan of that antialiasing faces... They look like made of plastic.

Yes, DOA5U was already running in 60fps. Almost all fighters do.The waxy look of the skin has nothing to do with anti aliasing. Anti aliasing just smoothes the little jaggies along the edges of polygon models. It's the newly implemented subsurface scattering shader, that makes the skin so glowy and shiny. I think , it looks really good on the females. For the males it feels a little strange though, that they have such peachy skin.
To me the characters look less realistic now after the graphical update and again more anime-like. I find it funny, that Team Ninja first makes DOA5 so gritty, dull and realistic and then, for the current gen, goes back to that vibrant, very clean more anime-like look again. Just as the sexyness, that was toned down at first and now it's all in our faces. XD

Kronin

To me the characters look less realistic now after the graphical update and again more anime-like. I find it funny, that Team Ninja first makes DOA5 so gritty, dull and realistic and then, for the current gen, goes back to that vibrant, very clean more anime-like look again. Just as the sexyness, that was toned down at first and now it's all in our faces. XD

The basis for both the process is that usually people hardly accept changes and are too much fond of the things remaining always the same. Not that I'm saying this as a right or bad thing in absolute, just a general consideration.

Vanity Assassin

I have not gotten to dive into it too much, but from what I did get into I like it a lot so far, seems the same as DOA5 but there are 2 of the new Characters I am not a fan of

abelnog91

So i've been playing the ps3 update from ultimate for two days now (while somehow managing to study as well xD) and i'm pretty pleased.

First at all, it was really nice of TN to give away the contest costumes for free i totally wasn't expecting that. I'm loving most of them, so far my favories are kasumis, eliots, rig's and hitomi's, havent finished unlocking everyone else's. As for gameplay the game feels a lot faster that ultimate for some reason, I don't know if is just me or it's a real thing tough, i haven't played in a while lol!. Haven't tried Raidou yet but Honokas is really growing on me, shes sooo much fun to use, i though i she would be a pain in teh ass to use but im actually enjoying playins as ms. salad :)

Overall i think is an amazing update, even though we're missing some stuff on the ps3 (i really wanted to play as bob cut hitomi/braid helena :( ). Now ill just wait for the preorder costumes to be release on the psn store and pray that the senran kagura ones make it to ps3

Martin

Not sure where to post this, but did anyone preorder the game in Australia?

In Aus we received one single DLC code which gives us access to Ninja 2015, Aloha, Beach Party and Showstoppers. I input the code and instantly I noticed that I have received 3 of the packs but Showstoppers is missing.

The paper with the DLC code clearly says that I should receive those 4 packs but none of the Showstoppers costumes appear. I'm pretty annoyed because in all honesty I only preordered to get the Helena preorder DLC. I've emailed Team Ninja about it, but is it a problem with PSN Europe? Does anyone else have a similar problem?

Female Tengu

My first impression is that the game has the same freakin' ass bugs and crashs like DoA5U soon after release....seriously. After completing tutorial 40.8 the game crashed (PS4) and deleted my system file, with the message "system file corrupted, reseting everything to standard settings" or anything like that. Which means my whole progress was gone. I was going for the trophy btw.

So I repeat: Do not complete Tutorial Lesson 40.8.

A 5 years old game! with like 3 re-releases (DoA5+ on Vita counts as well) and still, they can't do shit when it comes to technical problems with their codes. Are. You. Kidding. Me.

Online Netcode is shitty like always. Only red bar rooms. It's ridculous that the game literally only alllows playing people from your own country, because outside of europe the connection is crap in DOA5. TN seriously need some networking engineers. If I can play quite good against U.S people in SC5 with no real problems at all, I should be able to do the same in DOA5. But no, TN is too lazy to hire external studios for doing that job. But heh, let's have more bikini DLCs, super important.

Besides that, the game is fun and enjoyable. In terms of graphics I only noticed better special effects. Ground textures still look like crap in some stages and the models haven't improved at all. Well, it's a straight port, didn't expected anything here.

Last edited:
Not sure where to post this, but did anyone preorder the game in Australia?
I gave up on buying EU/Aus region PS4 games and made a US account that I fill up via Amazon, I can buy games on my US account and still launch them with my Aus PSN id. Watching other games release it's obvious the AU PSN store is maintained manually by SCEE in europe and developers can't easily add or modify content themselves. Seeing as the Australian PSN store still has bugs and exposed code over a year after launch I'm guessing DLC availability will be a low priority. I noticed SCEE didn't even manage to put The order 1886 on the AU PSN store for launch day, a game they were publishing. MS looks a little more organized but they still made the mistake of creating more region specific stores than they can maintain properly so they will never compete with iOS, Android and Steam when it comes to online distribution.

Kasumi

My first impression is that the game has the same freakin' ass bugs and crashs like DoA5U soon after release....seriously. After completing tutorial 40.8 the game crashed (PS4) and deleted my system file, with the message "system file corrupted, reseting everything to standard settings" or anything like that. Which means my whole progress was gone. I was going for the trophy btw.

So I repeat: Do not complete Tutorial Lesson 40.8.

I read in a Spanish forum that this bug is fixed if you turn voices and text to english, I guess people there play with english-spanish or Japanese-spanish.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Tutorial completed fine on Xbox One. I have all of the achievements and have since launch day. Only freezes I get are from online play with the rare one happening elsewhere.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
In Aus we received one single DLC code which gives us access to Ninja 2015, Aloha, Beach Party and Showstoppers. I input the code and instantly I noticed that I have received 3 of the packs but Showstoppers is missing.

Uh-oh...I'm expecting the worst for my DLC codes now. Australia accesses the same store as EU, right? Amazon Germany said it'll take a few days, before I get my codes, but I pray, all the packs promised to me are available. I too wanted Helena (she looks so gorgeous!) and the ninjas the most. :/

DyByHands

DOA5 on PS4 was all I was expecting, so I am satisfied. And have been enjoying the two new characters and stages. I like Honokas tag pairs. I actually hope TN keeps supporting it with more than costumes.
I haven't had a single issue on the PS4 side. I bought physical but left it alone and went ahead with the fulldigital version. I haven't done any online stuff yet, but offline, I've had no issues.

I will say that the 360 treatment really sucks for me. I was planning on putting up my DOA5U disk and buying LR digital. However, it doesn't exist now. I have every DLC for 360 so wanted the newer stuff. Ok, I will get DOA5U digital and upgrade, nope. It looks like I will just be leaving it as is for now.
And even as someone who has all the old DLC, these pass prices are crazy. Ima get SumoBass and that's it

Endymion

My impressions so far...

I am enjoying the game so far. I am playing the PS4 version. I think the game looks great, especially the stages and lighting effects. I have only played a few matches online (10-15), but the experience has been mostly good. Fun, friendly players and only a bit of lag. I play early in the morning, and am still able to find some online lobbies. Gaming experience is very smooth, and I am loving learning how to play DOA. Looking forward to unlocking more costumes for all of the characters.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD