Learn the difference between casual and competitive.

lopedo

REACTING= A frog sees a fly above itself. It quickly sticks it's tongue out and nabs it. The frog was REACTING to the fly and did so successfully.

GUESSING= The frog is staring at a clear sky. It darts it's tongue out, HOPING that a fly is zipping by at the moment. The frog guessed that a fly was going to be there, but it wasn't, so it guessed wrong.

It's not my fucking fault that the game lags, or yours, as much as I'd like to say it is. That was covered in my original post. It's because the netcode sucks.

Jesus...

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Edited a post or two for unnecessarily inflammatory remarks. Behave.

X51

If you wanna get better go lag-trainning (there's an option for it).

Yesterday I learnt that if I wanna SE online I must do it when the animation of my rival starts immediatly, if I wait for the strike to come out I miss the SE.

Optimusprime169

Once upon a time, I was ignorant of the difference between online and offline play. I was a teenager playing DOA 2 ultimate claiming online play and offline play were the same. THEY ARE NOT.

Even though I have not been able to be active in the offline DOA community, I have to agree that the DOA 5 online play is trash. When I played DOA 4 I used a fast character and was ignorant about many aspects of the game. I attacked my way into a stun, and then I worked the stun game into a launch. However, in DOA 5 I use a much slower character, a grappler. Now I have to work harder for stuns and take advantage of unsafe moves with throws. I consistently train in sparring to learn which moves are unsafe for the characters. However, attempting to punish unsafe moves is impossible in many aspects. In DOA 5, I have to admit that the Kokoros, Elliots, Christies, and Kasumis are out of control. People play these characters like they have no clue how to play the game. I don’t even think many of them test the safeness of strings in training. To make matters worst they are S- AND S. I never thought I’d say this, but I miss DOA 4’s catch throws. Catch throws definitely helped in online play to stop spamming; it made even the scrubbiest player realize that they can't endlessly attack.

On a side note, I would even argue that this DOA requires offline play more because of critical bursts. You need to able counter them on reaction.

I will definitely be playing offline more in 2013.

Raansu

I never thought I’d say this, but I miss DOA 4’s catch throws. Catch throws definitely helped in online play to stop spamming; it made even the scrubbiest player realize that good defense is essential.

Hell no. Everything being universal in DoA4 was the worst. One of the few things DoA5 got right was returning those tools to their original characters and making them unique again.

Optimusprime169

Hell no. Everything being universal in DoA4 was the worst. One of the few things DoA5 got right was returning those tools to their original characters and making them unique again.

Your entitled to you opinion. Personally, I think catch throws helped balance online play because people like to jab there way out of unsafe moves.

Raansu

Your entitled to you opinion. Personally, I think catch throws helped online play.

Sorry but no, that's not how you go about balancing a game. Online is too inconsistent to even think about going about balancing in such a manner. If you want to use offensive holds then use a character that has them.

Optimusprime169

Sorry but no, that's not how you go about balancing a game. Online is too inconsistent to even think about going about balancing in such a manner. If you want to use offensive holds then use a character that has them.

Oh Hell no. I definitely was not suggesting to add catch throws to the existing build. That would fuck up the game. I was just saying I miss them.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD