Changes in DOA5U

-6F+K no longer guard breaks
-1P+K no longer guard breaks
-1P+K hitbox is still godlike
-64P can go into Unshu
-6T is now 64T
-64T is now 6T
-No more P+F wall grab. Wall grab is only 66P+F

That's all I can think of off the top. I'll be back with more later.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Changes in DOA5U

-6F+K no longer guard breaks
-1P+K no longer guard breaks
-1P+K hitbox is still godlike
-64P can go into Unshu
-6T is now 64T
-64T is now 6T
-No more P+F wall grab. Wall grab is only 66P+F

That's all I can think of off the top. I'll be back with more later.
1P+K no longer guard breaks on a slight charge. It still guard break when it is fully charged.

daman077c

It looks like they've tightened up the beginnings of her mid-kick hold combo, the 6H > 3P > 236P > 3P > 8K > 9KK > PP6PP string. I had a couple of players online today who were getting out of backturned after the first hit; I assume they've made it so you've got to input the commands faster.

Yoyo

Well from unshu she can also do this move :1::K: and its variations and Unshu Tessa is now :2::H+K: and :8::K::K: is no longer a string.

NightAntilli

Since I don't have the game yet, I'll ask something from time to time... So... First one that popped into my mind is a very underrated move in the latest DOA5 vanilla version..

What happened to 7K?

Einzelkind

What happened to 7K?

They changed the enemy's launch animation to that weird twirl. I only noticed that pp6pp doesn't connect on normal hit anymore. I don't know if the counter hit juggles got worse as well. Didn't have time to check yet.

They also nerfed k2k, which doesn't launch anymore if the first kick hits. And if the second launches it also has the new animation. Following up with 9pp or 2p+k,p isn't possible anymore. 46p works. But the really tightened up the input for the 46 and 64 motions.

I didn't test the mid kick hold yet. The usual 3p, qcfp etc. combo is in her combo challenge, but I'm not sure that it's guaranteed anymore.

Lobo

defintely don't think its guaranteed anymore. 3p> 236p > 3p is super sketchy now. i've had my opponent facing forward ready to counter the 8k. luckily no ones done it yet (i think most people used to playing me take a small break during 6h combo lol) but they'll definitely catch on soon enough. when they do, i'll be ready with an even deadlier mixup into 66k or a HCT.

so far, i think the fact that everyone else is screaming how their char got nerfed, we definitely dodged a bullet. the only nerf that bothers me is k2k that Einzel just pointed out, and that's only because k2k > 9pp was my go to option after parry (i'm lazy and never figured out how to adjust to the position change for anything better), k2k > 46p still works so all is not lost.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I honestly think Lei's changes are fair ...
I'm working on a little vid .. expect something soon :)

BTW,
Mid K hold> 3P > 236P is no longer guaranteed on fastest SE

Last edited:

phoenix1985gr

Ok so i got to play a bit with her in jahn lee combo challenge with the tag combo (obviously i couldnt change - check many things) but she seems pretty good. For her mid k hold if people can stagger escape the 3p 236p setup you can use 3pkk, 3pp6pp so its a bit less dmg but you have your guarranteed option there... The problem i had though was with her bounds assuming of course you get one cause 2p+k and 3p4p on normal hit are still sitdowns but i just tried to find something from 4ppp and the only things i could get to connect were 66kk, 9pp and 2h+k for a force tech has anyone played with this a bit more? where you able to get anything?

Yoyo

You can't do Sho-Kinda(:236::P:) from running anymore. It was changed back to her palm attack(:6::6::P:).

I was able to get :3::P::P: off and its variations for her bound. I also got :6::K: off it too. For her mid kick, you could also try :6::4::P: and after it :K: and its variations but mostly try for :H+K: since you can get a juggle off of it or :K::2::K: for the headbutt.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD