Balance Leon Bugs... Still here...

WAZAAAAA

It's been verified that at least before this patch the just frame throw guarantee was changed so the loser wins in the event of both players pressing the button at the same time. Not sure when this went into effect, but current theory is since DOA5 vanilla version 1.00. If you remember, they fixed a "bug" where having the AI break fastest wouldn't allow you to chain your combo throws, this was because of the change in the draw result. So their fix was to have the AI break "fastest" as the "frame after fastest". In beta builds (v0.95 at Summer Jam) the AI wasn't able to break fastest if you just frame input the timing. Whether it has been patched in this latest (final?) patch, that remains to be seen if @WAZAAAAA can verify it when Steam gets the patch.
@Mr. Wah
I just tested it, still the same mechanic, but I've noticed something else that I previously missed during my tests, which applies to 1.02 too and not just 1.05:
If both players press the throw button at the same frame EVEN OUTSIDE OF THE FOLLOWUP WINDOW (which means earlier), the throw will break at the first possible frame! The "COMBO THROW" text won't even show in time. So this is 100% wanted by the devs.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
@Mr. Wah
I just tested it, still the same mechanic, but I've noticed something else that I previously missed during my tests, which applies to 1.02 too and not just 1.05:
If both players press the throw button at the same frame EVEN OUTSIDE OF THE FOLLOWUP WINDOW (which means earlier), the throw will break at the first possible frame! The "COMBO THROW" text won't even show in time. The So this is 100% wanted by the devs.

Yes, I understand, but the change went in on vanilla doa5 so I would expect it to be there in 1.02 last round. However, the game has always functioned the way I mentioned before DOA5s release.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Figured I should let you guys know that a large number of Leon's bugs have been fixed in 1.08.

His Power Launcher below half health is now fixed so you can freely go wild with it (tested it for a full half hour straight, I'm pretty sure it is fixed because I should have gotten it to bug out in under a minute).
It no longer Guard Breaks under ceilings (sorry, I had to let the team know).
His cliffhanger throw break animation and camera have been fixed.
His 46P will now hit at that odd angle where it missed before.
(The next few are hard to test but can be assumed fixed)
AI 7P sit down stun should be fixed.
The Desert Failcon and hit detection issues "should" be no more. I say that because the Failcon is a little more difficult for me to test while the hit detection is about the same but still a nightmare on Fireworks.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD