Les Fausse Pressions de Helena: Pseudo Force Techs

XV MR ARMANI

With all the force tech madness going on, I just want to have a list of any more force techs we've discovered since force teching has become a key part in how Helena and maybe everyone else in the game keeps momentum up in a match.

Let's try to explain this crap lmao:

What is a force tech? A force tech is a guaranteed way of making an opponent get up after a combo. Why is this important? It's important because it eliminates the option of a wakeup kick, which could lead to your opponent making a come back. Who likes comebacks? I don't.. lmfao. Characters like Kasumi have this option in their arsenal.

What is a pseudo force tech? A pseudo force tech is a way of making an opponent get up after a combo. Because they can tech, it's not guaranteed. But, it does grant your opponent being negative in frames, so if they try to attack they will get stunned and you get a free combo if they keep guessing incorrectly. If they don't tech, your basically forcing them up to continue pressure. But guess what? Their STILL negative in frames if you pseudo force tech them up. This brings in a new mindgame with the yomi system in Dead or Alive.

Pseudo force teching is important for Helena because of her mixup, on top of mixup, on top of mixup in her movelist. Not only does this add a frame barrier because of constantly getting up with negative frames, it adds a psychological barrier because of the pressure she gives the opponent when force teching.

Even though PFT'ing is very essential in a match, it's a situational matter, and opponent will catch on eventually and will begin to tech every time.
So please.. USE DEM PSEUDO FORCE TECHS WISELY. :helena:

Helena's Pseudo Force Tech Options
- BKO :6::P:
- BT :6::6::K:
- BKO :2::K:
- BT :P::P:(delayed):2::P:!
- :2::P:
- BT :2::H+K:!

! - Situational
  • BT :P::P:(delayed):2::P: will only PFT if you lower the juggle height with BT :4::P::P: or any of Helena's BT combo extenders. Example: :6::P+K: > :3::3::P::4::P: > BKO :8: > :7::P: (CB!) > BKO :P+K: > BT :4::K: > BT :4::P::P::h: > BT :P::P:(delayed):2::P:.
  • BT :2::P+K: will only PFT if you lower the juggle height with :4::P::P:.
Setups

Handslaps
Combo Ender - :3::3::P::4::P:/:4::P::2::P: /BT:4::P::P::P:/BKO:6::P::4::P:
PFT - BKO :6::P:/ BKO:2::K:

In BT State
Combo Ender - :6::6::K::P:/BT:4::P::P::2::P:/:P::P::4::K:!
PFT - BT :6::6::K:

If opponent is launched low
Launch - :9::K:
PFT - :1::K::2:>BKO:6::P:

Kosen-Fusho
Combo Ender - BT:4::P::K:
PFT - BKO :6::P:/ BKO:2::K:

! - Abnormal, the PFT might whiff after the combo ender is inputted.

Post Pseudo Force Tech Options (All Tested with Kasumi's 9 Frame Jab)

After BKO :6::P:
  • SS:K: almost infinite options out of this. I smell a ban on this. This is a problem because even if the opponent techs on their own or if you PFT them and they attack, she can still (in both situations take note) put them in a stun cause she's sidestepping the attack, and still can stun them with a low sweep.
  • :3::3::P::4::P: All NC whether NH or CH
  • :9::P::2::K: (or any of her variations of :9::P:) All NC whether on NH or CH.
  • :9::K: easy launch if opponent expects low or if they attack.
  • :4::P::P::8::K:/:4::P::P::K: easy launches if the opponent attacks.
  • :2::1::4::F: if your opponent holds. Guaranteed BKO :6::P::P:
  • :6::K::2::K: or :6::K::P: The 6K wont hit but the mixup of this move after a PFT is in the fact they have to determine whether their getting hit with a low (that stuns on NH) or getting hit with a mid (that still stuns on NH). If you know their going to hold, you can just do a :6::K::h: and go for a :2::1::4::F: to get more damage.
After BT :6::6::K::2:
  • BKO:6::K: easy launch, stun if opponent expects a low.
  • BKO:2::K: infinite options!
  • BKO:6::P::P: stuns on CH.
  • BKO:7:> BT :6::6::K::2: avoids highs, a great "fuck with their heads" tool lol.
  • BKO :F: if your opponent holds.
I'm starting to think Team Ninja made Helena kind of slow because of the pressure she can bring to the table. And the thing that's crazy is that even if the opponent does tech on their own, their still negative on frames. But like I said earlier none of this stuff is essentially guaranteed, it's all mixup concepts and trying to get playstyle ideas all together in one spot.

I will add on to this list as time goes on, and if you guys have PFT's you have found out I will add them too. Also, if you see a flaw in this guide let me know so I can fix it. I want make this as accurate as possible. But thanks for reading and I hope you learned something new!

Peace and hair grease lol. ;)

shinryu

Holy shit, she's still in BKO after the BKO 6p? The fuck is that shit? No wonder Rikuto's fucking pissed. That's actually nerf-worthy. I can't believe I'm saying that about Helena, but you can't even sidestep her after the force tech. That's fucking gross.

XV MR ARMANI

Holy shit, she's still in BKO after the BKO 6p? The fuck is that shit? No wonder Rikuto's fucking pissed. That's actually nerf-worthy. I can't believe I'm saying that about Helena, but you can't even sidestep her after the force tech. That's fucking gross.

She's not but you can easily input 2P+K to get into BKO

synce

Shinbori did say she's good once you master her... but hot diggity dog them's a lot of options. Mila's post TD 50/50 doesn't seem very impressive now

shinryu

She's not but you can easily input 2P+K to get into BKO

To clarify, because this is important, you can do this on a pseudo force tech? If they tech the BKO 6p you can 2p+k to BKO 2k fast enough that BKO 2k will dodge or interrupt Jann Lee's 6p? If so, time for the nerf bat to come out.

XV MR ARMANI

To clarify, because this is important, you can do this on a pseudo force tech? If they tech the BKO 6p you can 2p+k to BKO 2k fast enough that BKO 2k will dodge or interrupt Jann Lee's 6p? If so, time for the nerf bat to come out.

Sidestep K which is her BKO K works too, so even if 6P was to hit her (it cant cause your still negative in frames when your teched) after the force tech she would be able to sidestep and put Jann Lee in a CH stun.

shinryu

6p should counter hit after a force tech though, so that doesn't play. She needs to be able to interrupt. If she can't interrupt, the salient question is if she can sidestep and get sidestep k or p off between something like 6pp or not. If so she can just sidestep to force the sitdown stun or sweep mixup after every force tech. You can throw or try a tracking move but then she hi counters your ass with a mid. You can try to sidestep but sidestep k or throw.

shinryu

I cant get 2p+k BKO k or sidestep k off fast enough to interrupt mids after a pseudo force tech like 33p4p BKO 6p when the 6p gets teched, so that's actually a bit of a weakness there. The mids of course will lose to everything else, but at least sidestepping is not so bad. I can however get 1ppk to hit after 9k on at least Kasumi and Jann Lee. That's a legit force tech and you have all the options. So kind of dumb but less dumb than I had thought.

ninjaguy446

Hi, sorry if I'm reviving an old thread, but I wanted to clarify something. After handslaps, you want the opponent to try and attack you so you could use mixups like SSK and 33P4P? And if the opponent just sits there then you also apply the mixups, right? Thanks in advance.

KwonJigglypuff

Do you really think they wanted Helena's potential to rely on PFTs on purpose ?
Do you think they wanted Helena to be like.. the goddess of mindgame or what ?

I still have so much to learn from her, that's cool, but on the other hand, I wanted Helena to have more.. guaranted options..
:eek:

Omegan Eckhart

Do you really think they wanted Helena's potential to rely on PFTs on purpose ?
Do you think they wanted Helena to be like.. the goddess of mindgame or what ?

I still have so much to learn from her, that's cool, but on the other hand, I wanted Helena to have more.. guaranted options..
:eek:
The took what made her good in DOA4 and made it a general game play mechanic for her, nerfing other things to compensate for it.

Guaranteed options:
CH > 3PPP free 9K.
CH > 6PP free 9K.
CH > 88/22P free 9K
CH BT 7P free 3P lol
CH 214P free 4P maybe more, I'm not near the box. No free launch though.
BKO duck still guarantees free grabs on whiffed moves, even moves that are safe on block.

Plus 9K, 7K, BT 4K, BT P+K, BKO, P+K, BKO 66P are NH launchers. Can't get more guaranteed in DOA than something that requires the opponent to be psychic to avoid lol.

ninjaguy446

The took what made her good in DOA4 and made it a general game play mechanic for her, nerfing other things to compensate for it.

Guaranteed options:
CH > 3PPP free 9K.
CH > 6PP free 9K.
CH > 88/22P free 9K
CH BT 7P free 3P lol
CH 214P free 4P maybe more, I'm not near the box. No free launch though.
BKO duck still guarantees free grabs on whiffed moves, even moves that are safe on block.

Plus 9K, 7K, BT 4K, BT P+K, BKO, P+K, BKO 66P are NH launchers. Can't get more guaranteed in DOA than something that requires the opponent to be psychic to avoid lol.
Just checking, but these are guaranteed after PFTs right? Or is it after any of those CH moves?

DR2K

Helena's BT 4PK causes the same kind of knockdown that handslaps do. It's a pretty handy string ender.

ninjaguy446

Hi. There wasn't a General Discussion thread for Helena so I decided to post my dilemma here.

I really like Helena and DOA, but I keep losing and want to improve. Whenever I pull of a PFT, I don't know where to go from there. I usually just did 66KPP but people have learned to hold that online. When I do a PFT against the wall, I usually am good there since moves like 33P, P+K, and etc. will reach but I feel like it pushes them too far away when they're not against the wall. Also, I don't really know how to keep the flow going with Helena. Does anyone have tips?

Doug Nguyen

Hi. There wasn't a General Discussion thread for Helena so I decided to post my dilemma here.

I really like Helena and DOA, but I keep losing and want to improve. Whenever I pull of a PFT, I don't know where to go from there. I usually just did 66KPP but people have learned to hold that online. When I do a PFT against the wall, I usually am good there since moves like 33P, P+K, and etc. will reach but I feel like it pushes them too far away when they're not against the wall. Also, I don't really know how to keep the flow going with Helena. Does anyone have tips?
I really just improvize. Its kinda hard since they roll farther away so you have to inch forward losing some frame advantage. And since Helena is slow, you may get beat out even then. I usually do 9P2K the most, grab them, 33P, KK, 3KK, 9K.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD