"Let's Move!" The Lisa Video Thread!

Batcommander

Hey, as long as you had fun, that's all that matters. Plus, you supported a tournament and repped Lisa! You are part of the Lisa movement, teaching people to finally respect her in 5 ;)

Gruff757

Standard Donor
yeah thats true. it just felt like nothing was really going right for me

im not that great of a player but i still wish that i would have done better.

Tones

Premium Donor
Don't play her defensively, work the frame advantage (spam 6pp/3pp/p+k). Spend an hour or two when you feel like it practicing combos and juggles before taking them online to spam out. Spam her get up k+f to give yourself some room to recover and to work a CB. The Running OH works well and you get the right idea, just gotta get used to the timing (be about jabbing range).

I can see you get the knowledge, just gotta put it into practice more. I like how you pull 236p out of your ass every few rounds.

Who's Brad Wong was that?

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Alright now, onto the criticism. Gimme your worst Lisa community

EDIT: lol wow tones was reading my mind i guess.

And I have honestly do not remember the guy's name and I was hanging out with him Wah and N0rdicNinja all night

i feel bad now :(

Tones

Premium Donor
You play a good Lisa, just need to play more and have fun. Just two specific things you can do for the time being, use her frame advantage more (one thing you could of done is free cancel into another 1k if you land a 1k. If they don't techroll, there only option to stop the forced get up, you're at a massive frame advantage) and always choose her skimpy bikinis.

Watch the matches again, when you play the defense you loose. When you screw up/miss you get punished (fair enough) and you also loose the offensive role. Don't give players any respect. Everyone drops things here and there, but have comfort in the fact you're a head mentally and/or health/round advantage wise.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
You play a good Lisa, just need to play more and have fun. Just two specific things you can do for the time being, use her frame advantage more (one thing you could of done is free cancel into another 1k if you land a 1k. If they don't techroll, there only option to stop the forced get up, you're at a massive frame advantage)

Alright I will keep that in mind.

and always choose her skimpy bikinis.

But.....Science Lisa!!! D:

Watch the matches again, when you play the offense you loose. When you screw up/miss you get punished (fair enough) and you also loose the offensive role. Don't give players any respect. Everyone drops things here and there, but have comfort in the fact you're a head mentally and/or health/round advantage wise.

Yeah I get nervous up close with Lisa because everytime she gets beaten out of something, I get discouraged and back the hell off and try to bait or something. xD

Thanks for the tips man, I will definitely review my performance try to build from there. ^_^

Tones

Premium Donor
Science is pretty compelling but so is ass and titties. Ying and Yang.

...have comfort in the fact you're a head mentally and/or health/round advantage wise.
One good combo and a throw or counter can tip the tide.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
alright well im not sure if this has been posted or not but take a look at it anyway

excuse my bad speaking lol.

Batcommander

Against Alpha, were you aware that she has no wakeup attacks? She only has that flying backdash thing, so when you knock her down, you can be on her ass all day. Jumping OH or even BT OH is good for catching her wakeup, and then she's back to square one again.She's annoying to fight, but keep her at bay with 1P.

I also noticed you didn't take advantage of any wall splats during that match too. After knocking anybody into a wall, follow up with anything and get dat free damage!:) :4::P::K::K: is a great wall follow up.

Against Bass, you are actually faster than him. You can pressure him with PP strings, 1PK, 1PKK mixups. Guard breaks work well because he is so slow. With that said, i usually keep Bass at range since there is little he can do at that distance except for barrel roll and wheel kick. You can easily punish those and keep him out with the usual stuff; 4FK, standing K strings, 1P, 7K, etc.

Like Tones said, i think you should press advantage more when you do land a guard break. I noticed you went right for throws, but you have enough advantage to land mids and keep pressure on opponents. I think throwing after guard breaks is best against people with special parries, like Leifang, eliot and hitomi, cuz most players know you have advantage, and will try to stuff it with their own shenanigans.

Tones

Premium Donor
Whoops said the wrong thing.
Watch the matches again, when you play the offense defense you loose. When you screw up/miss you get punished (fair enough) and you also loose the offensive role. Don't give players any respect. Everyone drops things here and there, but have comfort in the fact you're a head mentally and/or health/round advantage wise.
You entering any tournament soon Batcommander?

Batcommander

I tried to post last night but server was down.

That grunt dude played one mean ass Lisa. He played very similarly to myself, though he is much much better. He kept his distance, waited patiently to use 1PK, and avoided playing stun game by going straight for launcher after every stun. Lisa is fortunate to have air throw usable at such low height, because even if you don't play stun game, you will still get 100 damage off CH 1PK launch, or CH 1PP launch. This is a very valid playstyle; you don't even need CB with Lisa to do great damage. I also liked how he throw punished correctly every time, and would use body splash on wakeup to keep pressure on opponents.

What i also really like is he kept it simple. Basically, he kept his mixups to 50/50 and it was very effective. After CH 1PK, it was either P launch or K launch; after BT transition, 4P launch or throw; after 7K, running cross chop or running OH. Mix in a throw here and there, and you can see why opponents will freeze up against a good Lisa.

Also, the commentary was enjoyable too. Emperor Cow has a very pleasant voice lol :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD