DOA5U Live Streamed Tournament by 1337 Lounge Live - 9/21/13

1337 Lounge Live is hosting a tournament tonight which is scheduled to start at 7pm PST. The tournament is taking place in Hollywood, California with many of the best players from SoCal's DOA scene competing such as @ikodomo, @HajinShinobi, @Julian Bernard and @Kal-El3291. NorCal players @SomewhatMental and @NukNuks are also set to compete in the event.

If you check out the website you will notice that it is a 24/7 open lobby. There are multiple camera angles to choose from to see all the action. There will also be a Q & A session during the event. Feel free to join the text chat and ask questions to hear the thoughts of the players.

4730783C-1EC5-4AF7-A56B-8033A6297299-5830-000002F49F56A6D9_zpsb170202f.jpg

53AF9DB7-9323-486B-8C1D-3E21D68B01B3-5830-000002F4A58FEFDA_zps5b304b4d.jpg

Click this sentence to view the tournament thread

Props go to @1337LoungeJen and @HajinShinobi for organizing the event.

Well, that was a lot of fun. Wish I could've stayed until the end, but what happens happens. Sorry if I was lurking towards the end. Wasn't that I was feeling anti-social or anything. Everyone was great and I had a really fun time. I was just a bit under the weather.
The first time you're put on the spot at venue like that, you're a bit thrown off. But I was starting to get the hang of it in my later matches, I think. I still have a long way to go to compete with the better player who attended, but that's part of why you've got to get out there. To get better and step-up your game.
Overall, it was just really fun. Got to meet a lot of cool people I've known for awhile online. Got to play DOA without lag. Free drinks. That's just about all you can ask for.
I'm really looking forward to attending more of these types of things.

Okay, obligatory shout-out time:
@Julian Bernard for getting me up there and the support
@iHajinShinobi for the promotion and help in getting me set-up with a ride
@SomewhatMental was great meeting you after all this time. thanks for the butt-whooping
@ikodomo for being the most kick-ass supporter you could ask for
@Kal-El3291 for the great matches. look forward to more
@boobiebombs always great seeing some Lisa action. keep rockin' it
@NukNuks congrats on the win. great leifang
@BloodBurger I've been watching your YT videos for ages, so it was cool meeting the man behind 'em

There were others, obviously, but these are the only ones I know their FSD screennames. To all those I didn't mention above: great meeting ya.

Oh, and to @g-gill24 @SilverForte @Tenryuga @Gruff757 and everyone else on the stream/chat. I was like a deer in the headlights against Mental, but hopefully I provided something that was exciting to watch at some point in time.

PS: To all those who say that DOA vets are jerks or whatever: man, fuck you. These are the nicest guys on the planet.
PPS: @Return of the Shadow man, where were you? D:

Last edited:
1 thing I didn't like about the stream though.
Kal-El3291 was paying too much attention to trolls in the stream chat..
Sometimes he would talk over SomewhatMental's commentary during matches.

Well, that was a lot of fun. Wish I could've stayed until the end, but what happens happens. Sorry if I was lurking towards the end. Wasn't that I was feeling anti-social or anything. Everyone was great and I had a really fun time. I was just a bit under the weather.
The first time you're put on the spot at venue like that, you're a bit thrown off. But I was starting to get the hang of it in my later matches, I think. I still have a long way to go to compete with the better player who attended, but that's part of why you've got to get out there. To get better and step-up your game.
Overall, it was just really fun. Got to meet a lot of cool people I've known for awhile online. Got to play DOA without lag. Free drinks. That's just about all you can ask for.
I'm really looking forward to attending more of these types of things.

Okay, obligatory shout-out time:
@Julian Bernard for getting me up there and the support
@iHajinShinobi for the promotion and help in getting me set-up with a ride
@SomewhatMental was great meeting you after all this time. thanks for the butt-whooping
@ikodomo for being the most kick-ass supporter you could ask for
@Kal-El3291 for the great matches. look forward to more
@boobiebombs always great seeing some Lisa action. keep rockin' it
@NukNuks congrats on the win. great leifang
@BloodBurger I've been watching your YT videos for ages, so it was cool meeting the man behind 'em

There were others, obviously, but these are the only ones I know their FSD screennames. To all those I didn't mention above: great meeting ya.

Oh, and to @g-gill24 @SilverForte @Tenryuga @Gruff757 and everyone else on the stream/chat. I was like a deer in the headlights against Mental, but hopefully I provided something that was exciting to watch at some point in time.

PS: To all those who say that DOA vets are jerks or whatever: man, fuck you. These are the nicest guys on the planet.
PPS: @Return of the Shadow man, where were you? D:

Dude I was wondering where you went! We didn't get enough face time. We'll have to do it again.

1 thing I didn't like about the stream though.
Kal-El3291 was paying too much attention to trolls in the stream chat..
Sometimes he would talk over SomewhatMental's commentary during matches.
It was funny when someone said he sounded like a fat black lady. lol

Dude I was wondering where you went! We didn't get enough face time. We'll have to do it again.
Yeah, sorry about that. Around halfway through I started feeling really nauseous so I ducked out to avoid making a scene. But definitely have to do it again. Looking forward to playing with ya next time. ;)

What I don't understand about this forum is that they never give links -_- Real professional FSD.
They gave links here: http://freestepdodge.com/threads/se...-socal-los-angeles-ca.3244/page-3#post-127848

So good to meet y'all, especially those of you who were new. Hopefully my, um, commentary wasn't totally atrocious all of the time. (I was just not on point in much of any way this weekend, hahahaha. Next time!)

And Brute! Seriously! It had been too long since we had met online for me not to meet you in person. Hopefully we can get you out to more of these things. I'll be in SoCal plenty for DOA in the future.

It was nice meeting you Brute! I wish I got the chance to play you and others I didn't get to play either like Nuks and Kal-El.
Likewise. Looking forward to seeing you again and hopefully getting some fights in!

And Brute! Seriously! It had been too long since we had met online for me not to meet you in person. Hopefully we can get you out to more of these things. I'll be in SoCal plenty for DOA in the future.
I know, right? I'm really trying to get my life together and buy a car so I can move about freely for things like this, but I'm definitely going to try my best to find ways to get out there more. I had a blast.

PS: You underestimate your commentating skills.

Thank you for the shout outs everyone :D

I wanted to wait until I has back home before I made my post. Now that I'm all rested up, here it goes.

First thing I want to say is that I am truly lucky to have a group of friends that have the same passion and drive as I when it comes to this game. To the point where we will travel 600+ miles to the other side of the state just so we can support the game in what was deemed a local event. I mean shit, CJ & I just got back from TFC in North Carolina a few days before the event and here we were on the road again for another event. Sounds like a crazy waste of money & time right? DGAF.

As always, shout out to my travel buddy, friend, & rival @SomewhatMental for all he does in the name of the DOA community. All the work we put in to support everything about this game will pay off in the long run in ways we might not notice right away.

Although my brotha @Return of the Shadow wasn't able to make it, you get a shout out because even if you're not physically with us at the event, you are an important piece of the puzzle to this NorCal DOA trifecta. Thank you for always supporting us.

@ikodomo - Glad to see you again pare. Hella glad I wasn't the only one who got hyped & loud during the event. Hopefully we can hang some ore before you head to the air force. STOP DROPPING HITOMI. Lol.

@Brute - I didn't know that you puked! Was it because of nervousness or something? Man, when I went outside for a smoke break before I fought Hajin in Grand Finals my stomach was churning butter. I started farting like crazy then Jen opened the door and smelled my stress XD

@HajinShinobi - We played some great matches my dude. Hands down the best sets I've ever ran with you so far. I love the fact how we're so respectful to each other to the point where we never attack the downed opponent after we win a round. I swear that California DOA players are the only players that show that much respect to their opponents. Major props for making things happen in the SoCal DOA scene. See you at Ground Zero in Newark.

@Kal-El3291 - Thank you again for letting me crash at your place. Wouldn't have been able to make it if I couldn't. It was nice seeing you again my friend.

@Julian Bernard - When you tried counter picking me with Bass I almost died right where I sat xD. Funny thing is, you almost got one on me using him.

@BloodBurger - Nice meeting you. I look forward to collaborating with you on a future project!

@ThatAznJoshGuy - Glad to see there's another Filipino DOA player in the mix. I enjoyed watching your Sarah. Yee.

@1337LoungeJen @1337LoungeLive - What you all have goin on over there is GOD TIER. Thank you for all the hospitality and giving the DOA community a chance. Looking forward to the next one!

Everyone else that I didn't really talk to much or didn't talk at all with, @boobiebombs , @Snakz92 , & @reddyxm . You guys are awesome for the fact you showed up to the event. Thank you to those that watched too like @Lagstab , @Tenren , @Gruff757 & everyone else.

Oh, and whenever I go to these type of thing I always hand out DOA stickers to everyone. I was kicking myself for forgetting to hand out stickers this time around.

Top 4 results for 1337LoungeLive Tournament:
1st NukNuks
2nd AFD TB HajinShinobi
3rd AFD SomewhatMental
4th AFD A1r Gear

Woooooooooo! Tonight was sooooooooooooo much fun! It was awesome seeing everyone and finally meeting Brute! Personally, I think it's pretty nice to watch newer (and learning) players play because it's nice to see how they are approaching the game and adapting to it. So it was good to see everyone play it out.

Winners-semi, Losers-semi-, Winners finals, Losers finals, and Grand finals were soooooo good. Great matches all around. Folks getting a little shaken up (all of us did and it's normal). But matches were great regardless.

And ayyyyyyyaaaa! I gotta start telling myself to get over my execution errors. Everytime it happens, it's a wtf moment for me and then my brain melts and I start playing so badly. I had so much momentum and was feeling myself until the execution errors happened, bah! I'll work on that in the mean time. Nykko still totally won fair and square and it was an awesome set and grand finals.

Congratulations to Nykko for reseting the bracket and taking the win, props and respect to you, bro! I'll get my revenge at Ground Zero though. >:3

Thanks to everyone who attended tonight's event, and thank you again, Jennifer, for having us at 1337Lounge for another great tournament again!

Thanks for the shoutout. I don't miss many events. Actually this may be my first and believe me my heart was aching that I couldn't be there and support my bros in the flesh. I will always love and support you guys.

On another hand the kiddie gloves are off. DOA5U is here and a new era begins. People want to know who is the best in Cali. They will find out VERY soon.

Also congrats to Nykko for taking the win. You and Hajin put on one hell of a show and honestly at this point where we trying to grow that is the most important thing. Inspiring players to come out have fun and put on the best show they can and learn. Congrats to my teammate SomewhatMental for placing 3rd. You did great and so did Air Gear.

That being said, I am here in NorCal for two weeks. So, aside from a few DOA projects I'll be working on. I'm going to spend as much time as I can improving my own strengths, immuning my few weaknesses, and improving with my character. I am going to improve as much as possible while out here.

I've got something to prove and a few people in mind I intend to defeat, and will defeat.

I'm a warrior seeking to gain additional strength, and am going to perfect the fighting style I chose.

See you all at Crimson Ground: Zero.

Brute - I didn't know that you puked! Was it because of nervousness or something? Man, when I went outside for a smoke break before I fought Hajin in Grand Finals my stomach was churning butter. I started farting like crazy then Jen opened the door and smelled my stress XD
rofl
I've been recovering from a cold for a few days, and I think that + sleep deprivation + dehydration = an all natural, no alcohol hangover. But yeah, sorry if I wasn't chatting it up. I was just trying not to bring down the lively spirit once I started feeling south. xD
It was awesome seeing everyone and finally meeting Brute!
likewise ; )

Thank you for the shout outs everyone :D

I wanted to wait until I has back home before I made my post. Now that I'm all rested up, here it goes.

First thing I want to say is that I am truly lucky to have a group of friends that have the same passion and drive as I when it comes to this game. To the point where we will travel 600+ miles to the other side of the state just so we can support the game in what was deemed a local event. I mean shit, CJ & I just got back from TFC in North Carolina a few days before the event and here we were on the road again for another event. Sounds like a crazy waste of money & time right? DGAF.

As always, shout out to my travel buddy, friend, & rival @SomewhatMental for all he does in the name of the DOA community. All the work we put in to support everything about this game will pay off in the long run in ways we might not notice right away.

Although my brotha @Return of the Shadow wasn't able to make it, you get a shout out because even if you're not physically with us at the event, you are an important piece of the puzzle to this NorCal DOA trifecta. Thank you for always supporting us.

@ikodomo - Glad to see you again pare. Hella glad I wasn't the only one who got hyped & loud during the event. Hopefully we can hang some ore before you head to the air force. STOP DROPPING HITOMI. Lol.

@Brute - I didn't know that you puked! Was it because of nervousness or something? Man, when I went outside for a smoke break before I fought Hajin in Grand Finals my stomach was churning butter. I started farting like crazy then Jen opened the door and smelled my stress XD

@HajinShinobi - We played some great matches my dude. Hands down the best sets I've ever ran with you so far. I love the fact how we're so respectful to each other to the point where we never attack the downed opponent after we win a round. I swear that California DOA players are the only players that show that much respect to their opponents. Major props for making things happen in the SoCal DOA scene. See you at Ground Zero in Newark.

@Kal-El3291 - Thank you again for letting me crash at your place. Wouldn't have been able to make it if I couldn't. It was nice seeing you again my friend.

@Julian Bernard - When you tried counter picking me with Bass I almost died right where I sat xD. Funny thing is, you almost got one on me using him.

@BloodBurger - Nice meeting you. I look forward to collaborating with you on a future project!

@ThatAznJoshGuy - Glad to see there's another Filipino DOA player in the mix. I enjoyed watching your Sarah. Yee.

@1337LoungeJen @1337LoungeLive - What you all have goin on over there is GOD TIER. Thank you for all the hospitality and giving the DOA community a chance. Looking forward to the next one!

Everyone else that I didn't really talk to much or didn't talk at all with, @boobiebombs , @Snakz92 , & @reddyxm . You guys are awesome for the fact you showed up to the event. Thank you to those that watched too like @Lagstab , @Tenren , @Gruff757 & everyone else.

Oh, and whenever I go to these type of thing I always hand out DOA stickers to everyone. I was kicking myself for forgetting to hand out stickers this time around.

ROFL "Smelled my stress..."

Yeah shout outs to everyone. We're gonna be throwing an invitational tourney on the 14th. Everyone at the 1337Lounge event will be invited if you can make it. First tourney will be kind of a test run and then we're going to open it up to more people afterwards.

Big things in planning guys. Talk to you soon!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD