Lobby hosts need more control in DoA 6

d3v

I'd rather be in a lobby spectating others while in line over staring at a menu screen waiting 20 minutes for a "quickmatch"
Which is why I said in training, or other modes. DOA5 was one of the games that helped pioneer this with "Throwdowns" where you could get matches while doing other things in game, and other games have since made it standard (Street Fighter V, Fighting EX Layer, MvC:I, etc.).

Raansu

You can never understand a lot of them people. I've had people say in the past they use wi-fi because they don't like wires...... That's not a joke.

I mean, I get that. Cable management is something I'm pretty hardcore about, but wifi is just not good for gaming.

Which is why I said in training, or other modes. DOA5 was one of the games that helped pioneer this with "Throwdowns" where you could get matches while doing other things in game, and other games have since made it standard (Street Fighter V, Fighting EX Layer, MvC:I, etc.).

I hate using throwdowns. I swear since day 1 every time I sit in sparring with throwdowns it takes forever to get a match. If I leave sparring and go into ranked queue, it pops twice as fast.

ryu_highabusa

Ya, that's great and all, until you realize you're just watching and not able to also play against good players as well.
How are you able to play them now if you have to wait in a queue for a half hour only for them to kick you when it's your turn?

Raansu

How are you able to play them now if you have to wait in a queue for a half hour only for them to kick you when it's your turn?

Because that doesn't happen? I also don't play in lobbies that have more than 4 people in them. Those 8-16 player lobbies are idiotic.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Hosts should not be able to kick people mid match.

Hosts should be able to force back to lobby after the match is over so they can mess with match settings, boot people as need booting, and re-arrange player order as they see fit.

If a host is beefing with someone and wants to fight them again let them move themselves to the front and run it back without having to boot people to get the job done and without forcing everyone else back to lobby. I've never been booted from a lobby at the end of the queue because I typically don't play online unless I have a headset jacked in so I can at least hear the drama going down if there is any.
If you're getting booted at the end of a queue it's probably because there's beef and you can't hear the host telling you to get out the way.

d3v

I hate using throwdowns. I swear since day 1 every time I sit in sparring with throwdowns it takes forever to get a match. If I leave sparring and go into ranked queue, it pops twice as fast.
Just because one game has an iffy implementation of something doesn't mean that that thing is a bad idea.

Raansu

Hosts should not be able to kick people mid match.

Hosts should be able to force back to lobby after the match is over so they can mess with match settings, boot people as need booting, and re-arrange player order as they see fit.

If a host is beefing with someone and wants to fight them again let them move themselves to the front and run it back without having to boot people to get the job done and without forcing everyone else back to lobby. I've never been booted from a lobby at the end of the queue because I typically don't play online unless I have a headset jacked in so I can at least hear the drama going down if there is any.
If you're getting booted at the end of a queue it's probably because there's beef and you can't hear the host telling you to get out the way.

If I boot someone its only because they are lagging. Its the only reason I'll ever kick someone.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
If I boot someone its only because they are lagging. Its the only reason I'll ever kick someone.
Fair but wouldn't being able to force to lobby after the said laggy match is over so you can boot the red bar satisfy what you want, while also not giving childish hosts the ability to kick honest players mid match for arbitrary reasons?

Reactions: CFW

Raansu

Fair but wouldn't being able to force to lobby after the said laggy match is over so you can boot the red bar satisfy what you want, while also not giving childish hosts the ability to kick honest players mid match for arbitrary reasons?

I don't care how its done, as long as I can kick them. If you go back to the main lobby immediately you can't kick them even if you try before they even reach the character select screen. Its dumb, and I end up making a new lobby which is annoying.

ryu_highabusa

Because that doesn't happen?
What the fuck is this then? A figment of my imagination?
vTOLLWt.png

Last edited:

Raansu

It happens every fucking time I try to play and it's why I don't bother with DOA online any more. I've had multiple days where I've been in lobby queues for like two hours without ever getting to play. What's the point? How is that fun for you?

You're obviously doing something to give them reason to kick you. I've been booted from a lobby like 1 time that I can actually recall and I'm pretty sure I deserved it.

tiptoes777

Because that doesn't happen? I also don't play in lobbies that have more than 4 people in them. Those 8-16 player lobbies are idiotic.
Yea max lobby should only be like 8. Back on DOA4 I used to run 4 person lobbies with three slots for people to get in. The reason I liked that lobby system is even when a lobby was full you could look who was in the lobby playing. It made it so people who lagged a lot got spotted real easy and people would avoid them. No kick mid match..because I know that power would get abused by people who get angry otherwise I would agree. Also once you get removed from a lobby you should not be allowed to rejoin!!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD