Lobby hosts need more control in DoA 6

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I don't see the point of that. Lobbies are fine for unranked.

So I should be forced to make a new lobby because I can't remove the 1 bar that somehow managed to join a 3+ bar restricted room?
Nobody is forcing you to do anything, but kicking somebody mid match seems like a load of shit and shouldn’t be a thing. The 1 bar isn’t always winning, and you could also ask the others to go to the lobby so you could remove the 1 bar.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Imagine playing a game with people, and then getting kicked while you're having fun mid-game.

No.

Kick on countdown might be decent, but....
As salty/down right ridiculous as the kids are in the DOA online community, doing that would make for the top worst functions in the game. If anything we need a blacklist.

Raansu

Nobody is forcing you to do anything, but kicking somebody mid match seems like a load of shit and shouldn’t be a thing. The 1 bar isn’t always winning, and you could also ask the others to go to the lobby so you could remove the 1 bar.

I don't mean like in the middle of an actual match or anything, but like if they are the winner and you back out you can't even kick them before they get to the character select screen. You 100% should be able to if they are lagging like crazy.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
A blacklist sounds like a cool idea imo, I wouldn't want it in ranked but in lobby, it would be nice if you could just search the name of a certain player you don't like/has a history of toxic behavior/is a ragequitter or has a bad connection and the blacklist option would prevent them from joining the lobby, I know I would use that feature for at a few people xD

It would also stop the hassle of having everyone leave the lobby when said player joins and having to make a new one. There could also be a strict option to prevent players who don't have a wired connection from joining as well since 4-5 bar connections can be deceiving

d3v

Not if you just want to get random matches while training, or just playing singleplayer/arcade mode without having to worry about rank.

There's a reason a lot of other games have included this mode.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
You can also learn matchup knowledge and meet people in Player Matches. DOA5V used to have a similar thing and then they got rid of it by 5U. Sad really, but it was needed.

Raansu

Not if you just want to get random matches while training, or just playing singleplayer/arcade mode without having to worry about rank.

There's a reason a lot of other games have included this mode.

I'd rather be in a lobby spectating others while in line over staring at a menu screen waiting 20 minutes for a "quickmatch"

ryu_highabusa

Why are people complaining about the wait lines?
Why the hell do we have to wait at all? Could you imagine if the entirety of Evo (or any tournament) was run on a single setup?

Also, hosts shouldn’t be able to kick people out of the lobby during a fight. That would make online even more awful then it already is, not only do we have to worry about the shitty netcode but we also have to worry about being able to complete a match.
Agreed. I don't even like the idea of kicking altogether.

I'd rather be in a lobby spectating others while in line over staring at a menu screen waiting 20 minutes for a "quickmatch"
If I wanted to watch people play I'd just go on Twitch. I didn't spend money to watch other people play and not get to play myself.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Why the hell do we have to wait at all? Could you imagine if the entirety of Evo (or any tournament) was run on a single setup?
Well this is online, I don’t mind waiting in a line, sometimes waiting and spectating helps you recognizing the patterns of your opponents.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
In what game do you wait 20 minutes for a quick match? I wanna know what kind of fairly new game is dead enough to even have that queue timing. DOA6 won't be like that for at least a year or two. Come on now.

We don't even have to stare at the menu screen if we could do throwdowns while in modes. Did we forget that existed?

Raansu

Agreed. I don't even like the idea of kicking altogether.

If I wanted to watch people play I'd just go on Twitch. I didn't spend money to watch other people play and not get to play myself.

I learned a lot of tricks over the years spectating while waiting my turn to fight.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Imagine playing a game with people, and then getting kicked while you're having fun mid-game.

No.

Kick on countdown might be decent, but....
As salty/down right ridiculous as the kids are in the DOA online community, doing that would make for the top worst functions in the game. If anything we need a blacklist.

I've learned first hand that people can do that in SC6 lobbies lol
I'd come in and beat someone and the host kicks me out mid match

N1ce Dreams

A blacklist sounds like a cool idea imo, I wouldn't want it in ranked but in lobby, it would be nice if you could just search the name of a certain player you don't like/has a history of toxic behavior/is a ragequitter or has a bad connection and the blacklist option would prevent them from joining the lobby, I know I would use that feature for at a few people xD

It would also stop the hassle of having everyone leave the lobby when said player joins and having to make a new one. There could also be a strict option to prevent players who don't have a wired connection from joining as well since 4-5 bar connections can be deceiving
Strict option, that's exactly what is needed. I've mentioned in the past that type of lobby option should be available in 6.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Ya, that's great and all, until you realize you're just watching and not able to also play against good players as well. Lobbies is the best of both worlds. Quickmatch is just a dumb idea.
Quick Match is not a dumb idea. You can learn as you fight, and afterwards when you save the replays. Some people play better when there's not worry of rank, as seen in lobbies. Solid matchmaking should make Player Matches fun for people that don't like to wait in lobbies, AND don't like the ranked grind. It's pretty standard at this point in fighting games. If DOA6 contains unlimited rematches for Player Matches (but not ranked, please god) you can meet someone very quick and just sesh it out in a DM.

This doesn't take away from Lobbies at all. We could easily have both.

tiptoes777

So I should be forced to make a new lobby because I can't remove the 1 bar that somehow managed to join a 3+ bar restricted room?
I think that if a player's connection bars drop below the lobby recommendation/requirement or if the player starts sending packets the host should be allowed to kick them out. You know like a floating switch sorta situation. Once the fuel in the car gets below the limit the gas light comes on(or now the player can be selected to be removed).... I don't know if a creator would ever design it that way, but that would be nice.
giphy.gif

Raansu

Quick Match is not a dumb idea. You can learn as you fight, and afterwards when you save the replays. Some people play better when there's not worry of rank, as seen in lobbies. Solid matchmaking should make Player Matches fun for people that don't like to wait in lobbies, AND don't like the ranked grind. It's pretty standard at this point in fighting games. If DOA6 contains unlimited rematches for Player Matches (but not ranked, please god) you can meet someone very quick and just sesh it out in a DM.

This doesn't take away from Lobbies at all. We could easily have both.

1.) Rarely do games with a QM implement a matchmaking system, and when they do its not very strict because they want to queue to be as fast as possible.

2.) Having both just splits the community. You'll either have dead lobbies or a dead QM queue, just like how even in the early days of DoA5 the ranked queue was empty like the large majority of the time. Personally I think it should be like DoA2 and 4 where all matches are ranked. I get tired of being called a smurf cuz I have a LR rank.

I think that if a player's connection bars drop below the lobby recommendation/requirement or if the player starts sending packets the host should be allowed to kick them out. You know like a floating switch sorta situation. Once the fuel in the car gets below the limit the gas light comes on(or now the player can be selected to be removed).... I don't know if a creator would ever design it that way, but that would be nice.
View attachment 26966

Ya. Its super easy to get into a room that's locked to a certain connection. You only need to search one time with your connection hitting that requirement, but then the crappy wifi they are on (its ALWAYS the wifi players) will just be 1 bar most of the time. I'll never understand why people play fighters on wifi.....or play on wifi in general.

N1ce Dreams

Ya. Its super easy to get into a room that's locked to a certain connection. You only need to search one time with your connection hitting that requirement, but then the crappy wifi they are on (its ALWAYS the wifi players) will just be 1 bar most of the time. I'll never understand why people play fighters on wifi.....or play on wifi in general.
You can never understand a lot of them people. I've had people say in the past they use wi-fi because they don't like wires...... That's not a joke.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD