Looking for copies of DOA3.1?

Allan Paris

Why are you all posting pictures of the game up?! I believe Gill gets the point or should I say PICTURE for what he SHOULD be purchasing!

Gill Hustle

Why are you all posting pictures of the game up?! I believe Gill gets the point or should I say PICTURE for what he SHOULD be purchasing!
It's been taken care of BTW.

At least the picks on page one will help others. Thanx gang!.

And as response to the quote, " You can take us outta DOAC, but you can't take the DOAC out of us!" is my guess LOL.

Berzerk!

I have the UK/AUS PAL version - correct me if I am wrong but is that not 3.2?

It has Jann-Lee on the cover facing camera with palm outstretched (from his cinematic)

Raansu

Best way to test it is to try Hayate's cartwheel, but like VP said it's most likely 3.2.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I have the UK/AUS PAL version - correct me if I am wrong but is that not 3.2?

It has Jann-Lee on the cover facing camera with palm outstretched (from his cinematic)

Yes, it's the same cover as the US version (3.0). If it says PAL it's 3.2, if it's NTSC it's 3.0.

Berzerk!

So, instead of modding US machines to play Japanese games, you have the other option of buying old UK Xboxes and PAL copies. I'm sure they are cheap.
What I don't know is if you'll need step down converters for the power supply.

Raansu

So, instead of modding US machines to play Japanese games, you have the other option of buying old UK Xboxes and PAL copies. I'm sure they are cheap.
What I don't know is if you'll need step down converters for the power supply.

Personally I don't like 3.2 because the free step got tightened too much. Modding an old xbox is actually pretty easy since you don't have to physically open it. However, for ppl that don't want to mod it, US/JP use the same voltage for the most part. My Japanese xbox worked fine when I used it in the states. Too bad it got blown up somehow. I think the storm that day took it out =/

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
There are undocumented changes for DOA3.2. Grap3 has found that a few characters' data was changed around but we don't know to what extent. In contrast, DOA3.1 has the given frame data and the looser tracking. The Sidestep moves aren't as much of a problem with the exception of Hayate's cartwheel which is just banned. There's some wonkiness with the stepping system - typically in regard to teching position as well - and is the key area of complaint of the SS. Personally speaking, I just accept it as the benefits outweight the glitchiness to me.

Megawarrior

I never realized there was a 3.1 version. I always wondered why there were so many different box arts for the game. Now I know why. I.might get this eventually. I just need to get my Xbox modded like I've been planning to do for a while now.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I can mod it for you in an hour or two since we live so close. If we ever do a gathering I can probably do it there.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
An Illinois player on DOAW PMed me about modding their Xbox so that they could try out 3.1 but I haven't done that sort of thing in a while. Care to point me in the right direction?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD