Low holds should not beat standing throws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR2K

Low holding already beats all highs, holds all low attacks, and all standing throws.It also recovers fast enough to beat out whiffed attacks. It does too much imo.

I reccomend that a standing throw cause an unholdable stun for low holds.

akhi216

Standard Donor
DR2K said:
Low holding already beats all highs, holds all low attacks, and all standing throws.It also recovers fast enough to beat out whiffed attacks. It does too much imo.

I reccomend that a standing throw cause an unholdable stun for low holds.

stevo uk said:
Just make it so they are standing when low holding .or lots more sit down stuns when hit with a mid

I agree that it is sort of a get out of jail free card but that's where DOA's trademark mind games come into play. When you anticipated a wild low hold you get aggressive with a swift mid strike to deal extra damage and keep them on the defensive.

Batcommander

low holds need lot more recovery than the standard hold, to compensate for its ridiculous evasive properties. I think they should be a big risk on the defensive player's part since they are already too good as it is.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Low holds already have more hold recovery than previews games, and is not as bad(unless you're talking online).

DR2K

That's what low throws are for.

You have to predict that your opponent will low hold, it's rarely ever used to punish it on or offline. Low holds would need more recovery frames for low throws to be a consistant punisher.

Low holds already have more hold recovery than previews games, and is not as bad(unless you're talking online).

How many more frames exactly? Because it isn't enough.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
You have to predict that your opponent will low hold, it's rarely ever used to punish it on or offline. Low holds would need more recovery frames for low throws to be a consistant punisher.

Just like you have to predict when it is safe to low hold.

DR2K

Just like you have to predict when it is safe to low hold.

Something that executes at 0 frames and recovers at 18 is something that you can do with impunity. Trust me players aren't predicting when they spam a low hold, it beats out too many offesnive options to do that. Your highs lose and will probably recover slower, your lows will lose because holds are active forever, your throw options are limited to low throws.

Why should low holds carry less risk and more reward than every other hold or defensive option? There's little no balance designed around it.

DR2K

Read your opponent's habits/patterns, and punish them appropriately.

Complain less, train more.

Thanks for contributing nothing to the thread.Or reading any of the responses since your cop out response has already been addressed.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Something that executes at 0 frames and recovers at 18 is something that you can do with impunity. Trust me players aren't predicting when they spam a low hold, it beats out too many offesnive options to do that. Your highs lose and will probably recover slower, your lows will lose because holds are active forever, your throw options are limited to low throws.

Why should low holds carry less risk and more reward than every other hold or defensive option? There's little no balance designed around it.

A lot of attack starts or go into mid strings making it hard to spam low counter. You can only low counter when you know you opponent is either high attack spammer, expecting a throw, or a low attack. People know when you stun someone low countering is an option. Plus the recovery isn't as fast. Which mean if someone low counter in the middle of your string go into a mid. I just don't see the argument here.

DR2K

A lot of attack starts or go into mid strings making it hard to spam low counter. You can only low counter when you know you opponent is either high attack spammer, expecting a throw, or a low attack. People know when you stun someone low countering is an option. Plus the recovery isn't as fast. Which mean if someone low counter in the middle of your string go into a mid. I just don't see the argument here.

Cute what if scenerios that don't address the problem. I'm not asking you what will beat low holds.

You still didn't answer why low holds should be a stronger defensive option than other holds and you have the nerve to ask why we're still arguing?

MajesticBlue

Low holds are an option select. With 4 point you have options to beat the low hold. Mid punch or mid kick. Low throw or slow lows. If you go high or do a standing throw they guessed or read you right. What if they SE into an instant high crush? That beats throws and highs as well. You can even SE into a low block.

DR2K

Low holds are an option select. With 4 point you have options to beat the low hold. Mid punch or mid kick. Low throw or slow lows. If you go high or do a standing throw they guessed or read you right. What if they SE into an instant high crush? That beats throws and highs as well.

It's a guess with a higher odd of winning than every other defensive option. Why?

Game Over

Thanks for contributing nothing to the thread.Or reading any of the responses since your cop out response has already been addressed.

Oh, you mean by saying low throw punishment is inconsistent because the lack of long recovery forces you to guess when to low throw? If you have successfully read your opponent's patterns (as I've suggested), then your "guess" becomes significantly more effective than just throwing it out.

Maybe instead of getting annoyed with certain nuances of a game mechanic and calling out for a change that will reward you for mashing throw against a stunned opponent, how about investing more time and effort into evolving your play around said mechanic where you are then able to do what few others do.

Complain less. Train more.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Cute what if scenerios that don't address the problem. I'm not asking you what will beat low holds.

You still didn't answer why low holds should be a stronger defensive option than other holds and you have the nerve to ask why we're still arguing?

You pointed out the "pros" on why you think low counter should not beat standing throws, and I pointed out the "cons" of low countering that says other wise. How does this NOT make sense? Every counter has it's pros and cons. For example you take more damage from standing throws if your hi DH is CT. Low DH you chance getting hit with a CB, and I usually use a move that force my opponent into a sit down stun if I know they're going to low counter. Low counter got plenty of ways of being punish making your argument invalid. Unless you have some other reason other wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD