DOA5LR Mai Shiranui DOA5 Last Round Gameplay Discussion

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Gotta question for you folks; what would you say are Mai's top 5 moves in your opinion? And why?

Mai top 5 in no specific order:
1). P = i9 frames along with having a several useful follow ups after the initial input.
2). 6P = i11 frame mid. Very good for CH fishing and catching opponents trying to duck or high crush.
3). Kachousen = Can be seen as a long range high poking tool that is useful for controlling the opponent's movement from a distance, misleading the opponent into a potential trap, stopping them from pressing buttons from a distance, and more.
4). 2K+H = A high crushing sweep that is used for starting combos and scoring some ground hits for okizeme depending on the situation.
5). 6K+H = Safe-ish mid kick that can begin a stun, cause a sit down stun, and can even cause a launch state. Can be safe(ish) at further ranges.

Mai has a lot of other useful moves besides the five I mentioned. I want to believe that these moves are the most helpful.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Mai was in a tournament recently and has made it top 8 but I don't know the exact details.
I think there was at least one Mai (or a pocket Mai) in most of the top 8's ever since she was released. If there were to be a balance patch, what buffs (or nerfs) would you recommend or do you guys think that she is fine as she is now?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Plus it's too late now, I think DOA5LR will no longer be supported once they put out the last DLC so character standing will be pretty much set in stone for good

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I did some more playing around with that Destruction Bomb coconut tech and found some relatively simple combos to use. I kinda forgot that you could use the ground attack thing so I used 6H+K, used 4P for a refloat and then 6PP and then when the coconut hit I rattled off the following inputs. Let me know if I may have did one wrong XD

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Niceee, I never found anything! lol. Manny did for that one, but for heads up yo, Mai has a quick ground pound so you could make it guaranteed against human players on all side rolls if you time it with a ground pound or recorded human. If they back tech, the buckets/coconut will hit them.

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I did some more playing around with that Destruction Bomb coconut tech and found some relatively simple combos to use. I kinda forgot that you could use the ground attack thing so I used 6H+K, used 4P for a refloat and then 6PP and then when the coconut hit I rattled off the following inputs. Let me know if I may have did one wrong XD

@GreatDarkHero

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
What I may want to start doing is compiling a series of matches into a 30 minute to an hour long video.
Creating a FSD Fight Lobby on DOA5LR with me (or a few others) playing some Mai will probably be a good choice. Because, last time I did something like that, it worked... surprisingly well. And, it was also towards the weekend.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD