DOA5LR Mai Shiranui Joins the Dead or Alive Roster

09_doabanner.jpg

Mai Shiranui from the legendary Fatal Fury and King of Fighters series is coming to Dead or Alive! Since her birthplace is in Japan it seems like Dead or Alive Festival 2016 is the perfect place to announce this intense crossover. She has her own style of ninjutsu and the look to fit in right at home with the DOA girls... and she's coming soon!

There will also be an Attack on Titan stage, tons more costumes (including some KoF) and even some VR announced for Dead or Alive Xtreme 3. Team NINJA is dipping into a lot of neat and interesting projects this year!

KoF Maximum Impact Video | KoF XIII Combo Video | Mai Shiranui Wiki

Last edited:
Kasumi couldn't possibly be added, KOF is probably one of the best 2D fighters of all time and has a massive following, I don't even know how TN convinced SNK to let Mai crossover, this is actually a very big deal and honor for TN...Mai is legendary.

Kasumi couldn't possibly be added, KOF is probably one of the best 2D fighters of all time and has a massive following, I don't even know how TN convinced SNK to let Mai crossover, this is actually a very big deal and honor for TN...Mai is legendary.
Money honey. Tn just gotta promise they get a good portion and the dlc prints money for both of them. If it works out why not suck out more money to put kasumi. But honestly i see ayane being the guest character for only god knows why over kasumi

Let him live. He doesn't play 3d fighters as much let alone doa

But I remember him playing Tekken 6 awhile ago, he IMMEDIATELY went to practice with Jin for a little compared to DOA5 and the last hour(this even works with stuff like KI since he barely plays that or most of the characters, same with SFV and MKX).
It's the little things like that which are really infuriating to watch.

But I remember him playing Tekken 6 awhile ago, he IMMEDIATELY went to practice with Jin for a little compared to DOA5 and the last hour(this even works with stuff like KI since he barely plays that or most of the characters, same with SFV and MKX).
It's the little things like that which are really infuriating to watch.
Next time I'll let him know to just play as Elliot or tina since they're the easiest training to complete so it doesn't infuriate y'all

Next time I'll let him know to just play as Elliot or tina since they're the easiest training to complete so it doesn't infuriate y'all
Actually the easiest imo are Naotora and Rachel, Eliot has some technical moves and Tina is a bit difficult on the timing and input of her combo throws.

And whoever was playing as Naotora needed to stop, so many missed opportunities...

i think it's a great idea , DOA is pretty popular and a lot of fans will go try KOF 14 if kasumi is playable it's a win win

Money honey. Tn just gotta promise they get a good portion and the dlc prints money for both of them. If it works out why not suck out more money to put kasumi. But honestly i see ayane being the guest character for only god knows why over kasumi
I believe Hayashi's favorite is Ayane. It'd explain why she's been the go-to for crossovers with other devs.

Last edited:
I believe Hayashi's favorite is Ayane. It'd explain why she's been the go-to for crossovers with other devs.
Ayane's in what? 4 game series now? But yeah, Kasumi would be a more interesting addition to KOF14 with her teleports, hoshinpo movements and other flashy abilities.

Is it safe to assume there's gonna be an English dub? (Never played kof so i don't know if she's bilingual. Then again is naotora bilingual then)

Which english VA would be good enough for the role though? And not sound horrible like Leifang's english voice acting.
I can name a few:
☆Stephanie Sheh
☆Tara Platt
☆Megan Hollingshead(I hope I nailed her last name)
☆Michelle Ruff
☆Janice Kawaye
☆Grey Deslisle

Yeah but the MI and MI2 voices were bad, at least for Mai, Ninon and a few others were OK. Plus you gotta remember that those voiceovers weren't even good as a whole since good English voice actors weren't really a thing back then. Now they're better because they actually try to replicate how a character who spoke Japanese would sound english, and I doubt that Sheryl Stanley is even around or available to do the job anymore.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD