[Mar 29, 2013] FINAL ROUND 16 (Atlanta, GA)

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Oh right. Pre-regs...knew I forgot something last night. This is why people need to text me. I actually look at my phone lol. I'll fix that issue tonight.

lripthejackerl

Are any of you guys registered to play anything else? I will also be competing in SFIVAE2012. I play Juri. (A very scrubby Juri if I may add LOL)

Kritoth

I do have a question I couldn't find the answer to on the FR16 website. Does a spectator badge apply to all three days or is it day specific?

ShinBlanka

If you want to get a room at the venue you need to do so quick because all of the double bed rooms are sold out and I don't know how long until we reach full capacity for the hotel. If you plan to attend FINAL ROUND 16 you might want to grab those rooms up before they are all gone. At this moment they have Single King Bed rooms still available to reserve with a roll out bed on request. One of the questions i've received is "Do they charge my card before I arrive at the hotel?" We don't have any none refundable rooms on our group block so they shouldn't charge you when you make the reservation. The link to the tournament venue is http://www.finalround.org/location.cfm

See you guys in 49 days and 16 hours!

ShinBlanka

We are also looking for volunteers from this community to help with the DOA5 tournament. Any takers? There's a free badge involved. :)

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Do I need to register the person who's coming just for the joyride or just tell him to pay at the door? (Sorry I asked again. Better to be safe than sorry)

Edit: I'll bring all the controllers I have in case somebody needs to use it there, Shin Blanka.

ShinBlanka

So while preforming a hotel room check for the rooms available via the FR16 group rate I compared the normal rate to what they have available and what I had available. The double beds are sold out for standard and executive rooms in the entire hotel. At this moment we only have Standard Single king available for the low price of $93 per night and you may request a roll out bed.
http://www.finalround.org/location.cfm

Or you can goto Hilton's official site at
https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hi/reservation/book.htm?execution=e1s1

and you'll see the rooms are $129 per night to reserve or $114 if pay for the room in advance, but it's none refundable if you do that. I don't know how much longer this rooms will be available, but they are trying to sell the same rooms at a higher price on the hilton website, so if you want to save at least $30 per day on your hotel room you better snatch up the last few rooms available! No sleeping in the hallways/lobbies people. lol
The funny thing is the people that normally get rooms hasn't got their rooms yet! I know what I will be asked in 4 weeks. "Are there any more rooms available?" and my reply will be "Sorry man, but FR sold out a 507 guest rooms hotel from March 28 --> April 1 like 2 weeks ago." Don't be that guy that ask me that question in 4 weeks. Reserve that room right now while it's still available.

ShinBlanka

Ok everyone ask and you shall receive! With over half of the building sold out and our group doubled the amount reserved for us I had to sign an additional contract to get the remaining rooms released to you at the FR rates! At 6pm tomorrow all of the remaining rooms will be released! I don't know how long they will last so you better get them at 6:01pm to make sure you get a room. Here's the link: http://www.finalround.org/location.cfm

Also for those that was waiting for their check they will not charge your card before you arrive at the hotel so you can feel safe that they won't charge you.

ShinBlanka

THE FALL CLASSIC FINISHED LOGO.jpg

ShinBlanka

This post is in response to a question asked on shoryuken.com :
"Hey man Utah will be making a return to Final Round next year and we was wondering Will the venue be the same as the 2011 venue?"
Yes this is the same venue we had in 2011, but we'll have all of the other ballrooms/meeting space in that same area to equal 18,000 sqft in total tournament area space. It's always good to have Utahs best come to the EC and compete in FR16. There's some more news to come for FR16 in the up coming weeks so stay tuned! With last year event having 400+ in ssf4 and umvc3 we are planning for 512 in each of those games and at least 300 players in TTT2. That's why we have to goto the EVO 16 man pool system for FR16 to control the crowds and run things on time. Our goal is to complete everything on time this year, so people will have more time to enjoy the event and the city.

Online registration is the key to getting everything done in a timely manner. We urge everyone to register online for their badges and games asap, so we can properly make the pools in advance and post them 3-7 days prior to the event date. If you do the emergency registration at the door you'll only have a 4 hour window on thursday evening (7pm-11pm) and friday morning (8am-12noon) to register for tournaments during the event and you WILL NOT BE SEEDED IN ANYWAY! You'll be placed in the 1st available spot in the pools and no effort will be used to seed you by skill level or by city/state. Door registration is one of the main reasons why any event start late IMO. I was going to eliminate at the door registration at this event, but I do understand that it's hard out there these days and sometimes people don't have the money to attend until the last minute.

If that happens and your only option is to sign up at the event. You will have a chance to compete, but we will not remake/reseed the brackets/pools for anyone that signs up late. The pools will start on time. We can't hold up the pools to reseed them for those that didn't register online. So we at FINAL ROUND are asking everyone that seriously plan to attend FR16 to use the online registration to help us run a smooth event. It not only helps us make the pools well in advance, but it's also cheaper to sign up online than at the door. (online reg = $40 and at the door emergency reg = $50) We hope to see everyone that came last year at FR16. Here's the link to online reg for your badges and games:
http://www.finalround.org/register.cfm
Thank you guys for your continued support and i'll see you in March!

BLACKSTAR

To any VF5:FS players:

Here is a flyer for the Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown side tournament at Final Round 16. If you play VF, come through and enter against VF'ers from all over the East Coast!

http://postimage.org/image/e7pn1m0dl/

EDIT:

Sorry, that last image hosting site SUCKS. Here's a better link.

If you're coming to Final Round (and you SHOULD BE), be sure to stop by or maybe even join the community-run Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown side tournament in the BYOC area!

Be absolutely sure that many of the East Coast's best players and vets will be duking it out for top honors!

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4435/vfatfr2.jpg

vfatfr2.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD