Marie Rose info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronin

Well, to be fair stage DLC is different, stage DLC is required character DLC is optional so it's possible she'll be paid DLC.

The reason because a Stage DLC is free, it's because the arena in DoA are an integral part of the fighting game, being able to influence the outcome of a match (for this reason I don't understand people that pick only Dojo...) Of course If this is true for the stages then it's still more right for the character themselves.

Before DoA5, TN said that they wouldn't have released paid DLC characters because this could appear unfair: with that unfair I think that they would mean just this, that if a player don't buy them, he hasn't the possibility to use them for knowing their gameplay, and being able to defend from them during a match. This reasoning has to be the same at the basis of the choice to make free the DLC stages, and we have seen that just for Zack Island in DoA5 (that anyway has to be a content included in disc), TN did the same with Haunted Lorelei in DoA5U.

So, unless Team Ninja don't find a way to make Marie Rose playable in training and locked in all the other modes, I think that she will be released like a Free DLC (if not for the Core Fighters, surely for the complete edition).

FatalxInnocence

I'm not sure, If she isn't free I think she'll be priced around $10 or something. I say this because they have to work in her command training, not to mention her combo challenge... and she wasn't already in the game to begin with so obviously she requires more work than the other characters initially available.

Put that with tag animations if she is to have any, the English VA they will have to hire for the players who enjoy the English dialogue....

~ In core fighters the characters are like.... $3-4 right? they are already available in the full version... so it seems fair to make her cost more than the average character.

UpSideDownGRUNT

well for most of what you stated, that'll more than likely be included with 1.04 patch like I said before a new character equals new balance updates and that equals a new patch.

TRI Mike

>Enjoy

>English voices

attachment.php

Tyaren

Standard Donor
That's great news! :D I'm impressed... Now the only two questions remaining are: When will we get her? and Will it cost us? Hopefully it won't take several months and hopefully she will be free. :D But about 4$ like Core Fighters would be fair too...including Lorelei stage. Somehow I'm even more thrilled for the stage, lol. XD

Kronin

I'm not sure, If she isn't free I think she'll be priced around $10 or something. I say this because they have to work in her command training, not to mention her combo challenge... and she wasn't already in the game to begin with so obviously she requires more work than the other characters initially available.

Put that with tag animations if she is to have any, the English VA they will have to hire for the players who enjoy the English dialogue....

~ In core fighters the characters are like.... $3-4 right? they are already available in the full version... so it seems fair to make her cost more than the average character.

It's surely right that Marie Rose will bring a really big update for everything you mentioned + titles, system voice and if TN are nice maybe 1 or 2 outfit more the only 2 availables on the Arcade test (however TN in an interview said like the Arcade was a test version, the real one will have more outfits available). So you are perfectly right, we are not talking only of a character.

However like @UpSideDownGRUNT already said, personally I think that all this could be included inside a patch (ok a big patch), that surely will come together with the character for allowing us to use the Lorelei stage together with the balances and fixes that very likely will come from (not only) the feedback of the Arcade. More, like already said, there were various hints about the planned release of this character, and this want mean automatically that TN has surely already worked (and used resources) on the contents that you mentioned since before the release of DoA5U, just they didn't put them on the disc.

Personally I think that the character will come free, however I have to say that if the price wasn't exaggerated, I wouldn't care to pay for a such DLC.

d3v

So, unless Team Ninja don't find a way to make Marie Rose playable in training and locked in all the other modes, I think that she will be released like a Free DLC (if not for the Core Fighters, surely for the complete edition).
This is pretty easy. Just release her art assets as part of big patch (which is likely to come anyway since the arcade version is bound to change some things) and then the DLC for her itself would simply be an unlock.

FakeSypha

@FatalxInnocence Let's not forget 5U just came out 2 months ago. I mean, I paid for the vanilla DOA5 a year ago. I paid for 5U two months ago. I'm more than grateful they keep supporting the game with balance and even new characters, but IMO that doesn't justify charging something like 10 bucks for Marie Rose. I know they probably need to squeeze every cent they can, so I wouldn't expect her to be free. However, 10 bucks for a character is way too much.
Just think about this: $15 is what will cost SCII HD. A game. Not just a single character.

Kronin

This is pretty easy. Just release her art assets as part of big patch (which is likely to come anyway since the arcade version is bound to change some things) and then the DLC for her itself would simply be an unlock.

Yes, it's pretty possible and doable: like I said I think that the character will be free, but I wouldn't care for paying for it for a reasonable price.

Lance

Why people are labelling her difficulty already is beyond me... There's practically no gameplay of her, and all we've seen is location test footage, and a very minimal amount at that. Unless you have played her, it's all just speculation. So calm your farm.

And if Hayashi did state "She was easy to handle" then why is there even a discussion about this? If he's stated it himself, then we already know the answer!

Being easy to pick up is never a bad thing anyway, as long as she's not mindless, then does it really matter?
LOL DAMN!!! shuttin it down tho, Trufax is True

Keylay

The Blazblue DLC characters were $8 each. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 DLC characters were $5 each. Street Fighter AE was $15 for all four characters. So I think that we'll most likely get the balance update for free but have to pay for Marie Rose.

Number 13

Doubt it.

Cosmetic DLC like costumes sure charge for those.

On characters TN weren't keen on the idea of paid DLC characters.

Core Fighters is different though since you essentially didn't pay for the whole game initially so she most likely will cost $4 like the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD