Number 13

Damn was expecting a deep butch voice.

200px-Dr._girlfriend.png

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
If she's released on consoles there had better be a new Language option for "None." I'd rather play the whole game in silence than listen to a high pitched, squeaky loli character that's there solely to pander towards an incredibly tiny demographic. She can stay Arcade exclusive.

Brute

Standard Donor
If she's released on consoles there had better be a new Language option for "None." I'd rather play the whole game in silence than listen to a high pitched, squeaky loli character that's there solely to pander towards an incredibly tiny demographic. She can stay Arcade exclusive.
You can already adjust the voice volume in the game separate from SFX and music, including muting it.

And there's already tons of high-pitched, bitchy obnoxious women in the game now.

Argentus

if she turns out British or just plain psycho in personality or skills im calling her "bloody" Mary. namely because Mary Rose sounds like a name you would give a ship.

For some reason I immediately thought "what if doa got a Saturday morning cartoon and bloody mary had to be censored in the west?"

Oddly enough, "Ketchup Rose" has a nice ring to it.

So...thats her name now. I deem it so.

TRI Mike

Guys, she will not get censored in consoles. The Hyperdimension Neptunia games didn't and even the 3DS is getting Senran Kagura tomorrow. Those games have actual sexualized lolis with tiny bikinis and shit.

d3v

Marirose has a Russian Martial Art Style; Systema according to the Famitsu source.

I wouldn't get too excited about her yet as too many questions are left unanswered:

1. Will she actually be playable on consoles?
2. IF she's playable on consoles, will the game be DOA5:U?
3. Will there be another version of DOA5?
4. Will it be on the current or next-gen?

After all these questions are answered, then we can maybe hype this character a little bit more.

Props to Team Ninja for having the gusto to make a flat-chested adolescent female.
Most likely going to be a DLC character alongside an update bringing in the new stage and any balance changes from the arcade version. With the arcade version planned alongside the console release, the game most likely has the hooks in place to handle this.

TRI Mike

It's fine Jeff, I understand. Cheers man.

Now, something I'd like to see on her:
- More uses for sabakis, I mean Leifang is good at them but if M.Rose will actually be a sabaki character she should be able to have moves to stop all six strikes including the kicks of course. She should also get parries and advanced holds. Now, I don't want her to be a blonde Fang, in my opinion, the chinese girl is too offensive so Rose should go for a more defensive approach.
- She obviously needs to be at least the same weight as Alpha.

Brute

Standard Donor
Give her chain throws. Izuna drops. Offensive holds. Oh, and give her an i11 jab and i13 mid. Having a tiny little loli that's a bulky, slow-grappler? Yes plz.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
The fighting style Systema uses a ton of parries, she definitely needs parries. and I think the Famitsu scan said something about her canceling opponents attacks so Im expecting sabaki as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD