Might DOA6 be PS4 exclusive?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
With DOA5 the DOA series was after many years suddenly multiplatform again. The PS3, PSVita and PS4 were the main developing platforms for DOA5 and it's extensions. Last Round was almost exclusively marketed for PS4. We hardly saw any footage of the Xbox One version until release. In tournaments the PS4 version is the default version. On Tokyo Game Show this year Koei Tecmo showcased and announced over 20 games, including Team Ninja games, like DOAX3 and NIOH. Not a single game of these is planned for the Xbox One. Taking also into account how much more successful the PS4 is over the Xbox One worldwide (at the moment), how big, do you think, are the chances of DOA6 being a PS4 exclusive too?

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor

I as well as Koei Tecmo stand corrected then. So there's one anime licensed Xbone game... ;)

Here Koei Tecmo's official TGS lineup by the way:

• Angelique Retour (PS Vita, PSP) – Trailer, Stage
  • Arslan: The Warriors of Legend (PS4, PS3) – Playable, Trailer, Stage
  • Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – Playable, Trailer, Stage, Niconico Broadcast
  • Attack on Titan (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – Trailer, Stage
  • Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune (PS4) – Stage, Niconico Broadcast
  • Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus (PS Vita) – Stage, Niconico Broadcast
  • Deception: Trap Girls (PC) – Trailer
  • Dynasty Warriors Online (PS4, PS3, PC) – Trailer, Niconico Broadcast
  • Hyrule Warriors Legends (3DS) – Playable, Trailer, Stage
  • Kiniro no Corda 4 (PS Vita) – Trailer
  • Nobunaga’s Ambition Online (PS4, PS3, PC) – Trailer, Niconico Broadcast
  • Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII (PS4, PS3, PC) – Playable, Stage, Niconico Broadcast
  • Samurai Warriors 4: Empires (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – Playable, Trailer
  • Uncharted Waters Online (PS4, PS3, PC) – Trailer, Niconico Broadcast
  • Yoru no Nai Kuni (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – Trailer, Stage, Niconico Broadcast
  • Atelier Questboard (iOS, Android) – Trailer, Niconico Broadcast
  • AKB48’s Ambition (iOS, Android, Feature Phone, PC) – Trailer, Niconico Broadcast
  • Daikou Kaijidai V (iOS, Android, PC) – Trailer, Niconico Broadcast
  • Dynasty Warriors Blast (iOS, Android) – Trailer, Niconico Broadcast
  • Guruguru Dungeon Nobunyaga (iOS, Android) – Trailer, Niconico Boradcast
  • Moba-Nobu (iOS, Android, PC) – Trailer, Niconico Broadcast
  • One Million Person Nobunaga’s Ambition (iOS, Android, Feature Phone, PC) – Trailer, Niconico Broadcast
  • One Million Person Romance of the Three Kingdoms (iOS, Android, Feature Phone, PC) – Trailer, Niconico Broadcast
  • One Million Person Winning Post (iOS, Android, Feature Phone, PC) – Trailer, Niconico Broadcast
  • Nobunaga’s Ambition 201X (iOS, Android, PC) – Trailer, Niconico Broadcast
  • Nobunyaga’s Ambition (iOS, Android, Feature Phone, PC) – Trailer, Niconico Broadcast

Last edited:

David Gregg

• Angelique Retour (PS Vita, PSP) – Trailer, Stage

Wow. lol. Sony JP really does try to support it's handhelds. That would be like seeing a new Nintendo DS game come out this year.

Edit: To answer the question though it's possible. A decent amount of 5's sales came from the 360 but the X1 did terrible.

Tekken 7 though was originally going to be PS4 exclusive and then they later announced it would also be on X1 so who knows. 360 was (and will be) the last MS console I own so it doesn't matter to me regardless. XD

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Tekken 7 though was originally going to be PS4 exclusive and then they later announced it would also be on X1 so who knows. 360 was (and will be) the last MS console I own so it doesn't matter to me regardless. XD
Really? I didn't even catch, that console versions were definitely confirmed.

Blash

I would imagine it will be a PS4 exclusive. This console war so far is all about exclusives, and xbox really upped the antie recently. Sony and TN are both very nationally proud, so it makes sense.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
DoA sells well on Xbox and there is already an established engine. I don't think we'll see a DoA6 for some time but if there's an already developed engine that works on Xbox One, it'll release there. The cost of distribution and development has to be outweighed by potential profits. It's pure business. DoAX3 cannot possibly have even mediocre sales numbers in projections and will likely be largely free-to-play with a freemium model similar to mobile games. Microsoft has been more open to truly freemium titles lately (which is why I'm still confused about the Xbox One LR release options) so it could support X3 but that may not be a gamble KT wants to take. My guess is DLC numbers are much higher on PS3/4 and that guided their decision.

In short, I don't think they'll go exclusive for DoA6 when and if that happens. KT seems to buy into several of the stereotypes about what types of gamers have each system and it shows in what they release. Those kinds of decisions are going to be sink or swim for many Japanese developers within the next five years or so. Hopefully Team NINJA pulls through all of this but KT has a heavy hand in their operations.

KwonJigglypuff

I wouldn't mind as PS4 is (in my opinion) more successful and powerful but I would feel sad for my DOA fellows who have a Xbox.

Fredi

That would be happen, versions of DOAX3 are Sony's exclusive system and DOA6 would not be an exception

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Completely different scenario. Read the thread, don't just reply to the topic.

UpSideDownGRUNT

One thing is for certain, it most likely won't be on PS3, Vita, Xbox 360 or PC.

PS4 and Arcade are pretty much spoken for, I doubt it'll be PS4 exclusive though, while most swapped to PS4/PC a fair few are still exclusive to Xbox and more versions mean more sales.

SoftCabbage

Nah. Vita remote play will be introduced.

Then few months later, Vita version released.

Then few months after, a game changing patch released for PS4, but not Vita.

Then year later, a broken PC version released.

KwonJigglypuff

I don't know, I'm curious to see what TN is planning to do with the NX.
They like to put their games among the launch titles. Like DOAD with the 3DS.

It was the best idea for them to get some visibility to create their reboot.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD