DOA5U Mila Combos

Jefffcore

Oh, my bad.

As far as I can tell there's no part of that, that gives you +1. If you do 2T too soon, you get advantage, but you aren't getting the ground throw animation. If you do it when you get the ground throw animation the recovery is longer putting you at disadvantage.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
It's weight specific. I know it works on Kokoro weight.

EDIT: Try something like NH 4PP 3P 6H+K P6PP P6PP 2T.

EDIT: Actually, now I can't get it anymore. Lemme check some more.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm getting -1 instead. Maybe I remembered wrong or something was patched or something.

Last edited:

Jefffcore

Weight shouldn't matter once they're on the ground. The recovery on the ground throw is too much to get any advantage.

----
This relies on maxing out the stun threshold, so damage varies.

7k on the second or 3rd stun, if the opponent holds.

Damage: 9p > 2T. 117
Pseudo: 3pp > 3h+k. If teched: 73 dmg, and +2 on mid
+1 on light
+2 on super heavy
+2 on heavy

If not teched: 80 dmg, and +20

Last edited:

rximmortal

Here are some Mila combo information which is good each Mila player to know.
-How to do Pseudo force tech-
The Pseudo (after which you stays on + or 0 frames on fail attempt) is possible only after 3PP as combo finisher.
When you set the training dummy's recover - ON- the higher the frame advantage you get after 3PP , the higher frame advantage you get after 3H+K ( usual Pseudo finisher). Usually the +17 frames are enough to get you in advantage of the situation.
Example Combo: 6P+K , 3PP , P+K , 3PP , 3H+K (Pseudo) , 4KT(Optional)
Because the time for reaction is very small (on offensing side), it is possible to lose advantage, because it is your oponents decision to stand up at the instance or not. So if after Pseudo you do 4KT it guarantees you Win condition in most of the cases.(On tech the 4K misses but the Throw connects (it is offensive throw)).
-How to do Pseudo Grab ( Or Ground Grab Option Select)-
The Pseudo Grab (Training dummy recovery set - OFF-) is possible only when you finish in +13 to +15 frames advantage. This way after Fail grab attempt you stay on + Frames.
Example Combo: 6P+K , 3PP , 3PH , 3PP , 2P , 2T (Pseudo Grab)
On fail your best followers are these: 2P , 4KT ; PP1KP ; PPK ; 4KT
-Pseudo Grab after Wall Stun-
Similar to upper case , but you dont have frame advantages which you can follow to execute properly.
So the trick is this. Look at your oponents "Head" while he is dropping on the floor. The moment it touchs the ground you go for 2T. And here is your Pseudo Grab.

Last edited:

Lulu

So things didn't work out with Momiji.... I wana revisit Mila (and my other older characters), usually I juggle the lighter characters with the text book combos and I knock down the heavier characters and mount them.
But Mila fairs fine in the Launch department but I wana start experimenting with Bound/Bounce states.... they are still not affected by weight right ?
So what are Mila's Bounding moves and what can I use to follow them up.
So far the only ones I know of is P+K on CB and 9P on Normal Hit..... 9P only gives me I tiny bounce, not many things follow them up. In Emperor Cows Combo Videos I've seen him bound a dummy with 7K and various other moves but I'm not entirely sure what the conditions for those are.

Lulu

Yeah I saw some one using 3PP.... I didn't pay much attention to it as bound move because I always think to myself..... if I'm getting to use a mid punch then why not just go with the CB ?

Kuga

Actualy it depends on situation and set up. Example - you score CH 3P . Now you have many options. For a quick and strong pressure setup with mp i would go for 3PP which will allow for short combo plus her great option select with ground throw. And believe it or not, her ground tackle is better in situations where its NOT guaranteed:).

Lulu

I stopped using 3PP excessively along time ago, hell even the AI barely uses this move.... this set up just gets held way too often. Its every new Mila player's go to set up and its all mid punches so I stopped using it.
I use 3PP if I open up with a sit stun like (7)K or P+K on normal hit.... its fun because they might try stagger escaping the stun and then you quickly knock them out of it, technically they can hold 3PP's second punch but its such a quick set up, its very crafty because you need to Stagger Escape the first hit then hold the 2nd hit then switch back to stagger escaping the 3rd Hit, unfortunately I believe if connect with P+K at close range then 3P is guaranteed, as long as your opponent doesn't know this then this set up is Golden.
Now opening with (7) K is much trickier because of the significant push back.... at a specific range, connecting with this move guarantees nothing, but its still fun because if you use 3PP then even if the first punch misses then as long as the second punch connects before they can Stagger Escape fast enough then thats another sit down stun :) again... pretty crafty.

Now theres this set up I've been using accidentally.... for some reason some times I use KP and when the Kick whiffs the Punch connects.... if both moves connect you get a knock down but if only the Punch connects then you get a Sit Stun....
I keep doing this by accident but maybe some other players can get alil more creative with it.

Kuga

3PP is actualy good tool with many options. Its delayable thus making 3P alone quite safe on block. If you play clever you will see that it is great thing to try throw or to try and open up enemy that is aware of 2nd P (and blocking) with 2P (+1on hit), 66P(+7 on block) etc. Same goes with NH. On CH 3P you can get really wild with huge adv.

Lulu

Here are some Mila combo information which is good each Mila player to know.
-How to do Pseudo force tech-
The Pseudo (after which you stays on + or 0 frames on fail attempt) is possible only after 3PP as combo finisher.
When you set the training dummy's recover - ON- the higher the frame advantage you get after 3PP , the higher frame advantage you get after 3H+K ( usual Pseudo finisher). Usually the +17 frames are enough to get you in advantage of the situation.
Example Combo: 6P+K , 3PP , P+K , 3PP , 3H+K (Pseudo) , 4KT(Optional)
Because the time for reaction is very small (on offensing side), it is possible to lose advantage, because it is your oponents decision to stand up at the instance or not. So if after Pseudo you do 4KT it guarantees you Win condition in most of the cases.(On tech the 4K misses but the Throw connects (it is offensive throw)).
-How to do Pseudo Grab ( Or Ground Grab Option Select)-
The Pseudo Grab (Training dummy recovery set - OFF-) is possible only when you finish in +13 to +15 frames advantage. This way after Fail grab attempt you stay on + Frames.
Example Combo: 6P+K , 3PP , 3PH , 3PP , 2P , 2T (Pseudo Grab)
On fail your best followers are these: 2P , 4KT ; PP1KP ; PPK ; 4KT
-Pseudo Grab after Wall Stun-
Similar to upper case , but you dont have frame advantages which you can follow to execute properly.
So the trick is this. Look at your oponents "Head" while he is dropping on the floor. The moment it touchs the ground you go for 2T. And here is your Pseudo Grab.

I've actually been wanting to try this for a while now....

Is it only possible with :3::P::P: ?
I once got -2 on mid weights after using :2::P:.... I don't remember the type of juggle I uses though.

Lulu

So everynow and then I revisit the combo challenges because I find new stuff everytime I go there.

Anyway after a Critical Burst, one challenge asks you to:
:P+K:
:6::P:
:3::P::P:
:6::P::P: (:P::6::P::P: is also possible)

Is that the maximum damage Mila can get from that Bound ?

Or was Team Ninja just testing if I could Free Cancel ?

Edit: It turns out that is the maximum damage you can get from that.... atleast I think it is..... lol it does an extra 2 Points worth of Damage..... it also creates a new Ground Throw setup:

:K:
:2::F:

Anyway do I noticed not all of Mila's breakable Throws leave her at a disadvantage when they get Broken.... for example her Ground Throw on Face Down head torwards opponents leaves her exactly at +0. Which is fantastic because there is a guaranteed setup for that throw.

So uhm yeah..... now I don't have to go pick up Bayman.... GO MILA !!! :mila:

Last edited:

Giannola

Is that the maximum damage Mila can get from that Bound ?

Or was Team Ninja just testing if I could Free Cancel ?

Edit: It turns out that is the maximum damage you can get from that.... atleast I think it is..... lol it does an extra 2 Points worth of Damage..... it also creates a new Ground Throw setup:

:K:
:2::F:

Yeah, I think you're right about yours being max damage, however if the opponent techs after the 5k you're at slight disadvantage. but, if you sacrifice 9 points of dmg you can set up an option select by doing p+k 6p 3pp 2p 662t: in this setup if the opponent does not tech you get your mount, if they do tech you get frame advantage. (I think you need to dash slightly before the ground t or else you'll be at disadvantage, slight timing required, but not hard to do after a few practice tries.)

You can also do p+k 6p 3pp 3h+k, it sacrifices damage but this setup will either tech them up for big advantage, or if they tech themselves you still get small advantage. I'd personally prefer these win/win setups myself, then again I probably wouldn't do p+k after cb anyway.

Edit:: fwiw my go to bound combo after cb is 7k 3pp p6pk 2t.

Last edited:

Lulu

the 5k you're at slight disadvantage. but, if you sacrifice 9 points of dmg you can set up an option select by doing p+k 6p 3pp 2p 662t: in this setup if the opponent does not tech you get your mount, if they do tech you get frame advantage. (I think you need to dash slightly before the ground t or else you'll be at disadvantage, slight timing required, but not hard to do after a few practice tries.)

You can also do p+k 6p 3pp 3h+k, it sacrifices damage but this setup will either tech them up for big advantage, or if they tech themselves you still get small advantage. I'd personally prefer these win/win setups myself, then again I probably wouldn't do p+k after cb anyway.

Edit:: fwiw my go to bound combo after cb is 7k 3pp p6pk 2t.

I only play the AI... it won't let me do those Setups. :(

@YBNDM
Sorry, Sweetness. I can't watch it.... I'm getting really bad Reception tonight for some reason.

Edit: Okay I watched it and...... I just get one thing out if the way. I don't play Tag :(

Okay so theres only one problem with the combo as far as I can tell.... That Critical Burst is Stagger Escapable.... I think After :3::P::P: you should Tag Cancel and let Rachel do the Critical Burst instead. That way its guaranteed (Which is the primary reason why I don't play Tag).

Last edited:

Giannola

About options after CB.
CB 8K,P6PP,3PP,K, 2T option select. Great damage + tackle party (2T must be slighly delayed).
I've been doing this one more lately. Just dash in before the throw and it does work on lightweights. Edit:I believe it works on mid weights too.

The go to one for me is cb 7k 3pp p6pk 2t. As it works on every weight class, heavies included, with the exception of alpha. There's a small delay for 3pp but otherwise zero timing required.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD