Mila Match Videos

AngryWorm

I honestly feel I know the Mila match up pretty well and watching the set makes me sick. Without a doubt some of the worst DOA I've played in a long time. Pretty embarrassed about my top three performance, I was on complete auto-pilot and look free as hell.

XDest

Please teach your opponents how to fight against Mila.

Also.. never, ever, ever let NeoRussell commentate again... ever! :|

That was pretty much the first time I was playing against Mila other than some casuals with Jeff before the tournament. I think Raansu used Mila against me online a couple of times on PSN and that was it. I didn't know what my options were in some situations, and kept pressing buttons on tech/stun one too many times. You could tell I wasn't used to it. Looking at it closer, it looks like I was too scared of being OH'd, and was throwing out 1Ps because I thought my reactions wouldn't be good enough. And that I was way too impatient about getting stuns, too much overuse of things like BT3KK, 1PK and 6K2K. I guess some of that is also tournament nerves, I didn't even play like that earlier in the tournament.

And yeah, Russell started doing that because the other people commentating... weren't saying anything. It was really embarrassing.

Jefffcore

Worm and I have played enough that he knows what Mila is doing. It's really not at all an easy match up for her. You kind of just insulted all 3 of us with one sentence.

DrDogg

Worm and I have played enough that he knows what Mila is doing. It's really not at all an easy match up for her. You kind of just insulted all 3 of us with one sentence.

XDest made it clear he doesn't know the match-up, so I don't know why he'd be insulted. Worm also stated he played terribly, so he shouldn't feel insulted either. All you did was spam 3H+K. If you think that shows the best of your abilities with Mila, then you should feel insulted.

I assumed your Mila would be better than that, and the only reason you spammed that attack was because your opponents didn't know enough to stop the spam. If that wasn't the case... well then.

Jefffcore

Lol at the word "spam". It's her best attack: it crushes highs and lows, it's -4, then sets up her ground game. If they had stopped it they'd have gotten tackled, thrown, etc, etc. It's DOA, I'm gonna blow you up with something till I have a reason not to.

DrDogg

Lol at the word "spam". It's her best attack: it crushes highs and lows, it's -4, then sets up her ground game. If they had stopped it they'd have gotten tackled, thrown, etc, etc. It's DOA, I'm gonna blow you up with something till I have a reason not to.

I don't recall saying the attack wasn't good. But if you played me, or anyone else with proper match-up knowledge, like you played in those videos, you would have lost. I was trying to give you the benefit of doubt and assume that you only played that way because your opponents didn't require you to play any better (lack of character knowledge).

You were the one that took offense to me saying that. Now you're repeating exactly what I said.

For the record, 3H+K is not a good high crush. If you think it is, you'll be in for a rude awakening when you play someone who knows the match-up. It's a great whiff punisher and low crush though. Terrible priority unfortunately. It has very specific uses and works great in those situations. Outside of those situations, it's fairly limited. So, I'd say it's a good attack, but I definitely wouldn't call it her best.

Raansu

I don't recall saying the attack wasn't good. But if you played me, or anyone else with proper match-up knowledge, like you played in those videos, you would have lost. I was trying to give you the benefit of doubt and assume that you only played that way because your opponents didn't require you to play any better (lack of character knowledge).

You were the one that took offense to me saying that. Now you're repeating exactly what I said.

For the record, 3H+K is not a good high crush. If you think it is, you'll be in for a rude awakening when you play someone who knows the match-up. It's a great whiff punisher and low crush though. Terrible priority unfortunately. It has very specific uses and works great in those situations. Outside of those situations, it's fairly limited. So, I'd say it's a good attack, but I definitely wouldn't call it her best.

3h+k crushes high's quite well when she is in negative frames. Jeff and I have tested it several times already. He's not just throwing it out there just to spam it.

Jefffcore

I'm doing it on reaction to crush Hitomi's hi/low strings. lol If you watch the match again, you'll see significantly less of it against Ayane. If we're on the topic of skill though, go back and watch me interrupt Ayane's delay's/free cancels on reaction. :)

DrDogg

3h+k crushes high's quite well when she is in negative frames. Jeff and I have tested it several times already. He's not just throwing it out there just to spam it.

Unless something changed in the patch, it's not a good high crush. I'll double check it though. Were you testing online or offline?

EDIT: I stand corrected. It's not instant, but it's as good as her other high crushes (which isn't saying much, unfortunately). Still doesn't change my original comment, but good to know either way. I wonder when that change was made.

I'm doing it on reaction to crush Hitomi's hi/low strings. lol If you watch the match again, you'll see significantly less of it against Ayane. If we're on the topic of skill though, go back and watch me interrupt Ayane's delay's/free cancels on reaction. :)

I never said you weren't doing it on reaction or that you weren't justified in your spam. All I said was that you need to teach your opponents how to fight against Mila. You would not be able to play that way against someone more knowledgeable of the match-up.

I don't even know how we're on the topic of your skill since I never said you weren't good. But... against XDest I saw you get hit when he finished his strings a lot... so yeah.

It's like I'm saying, "Hey, you should be better than this, and your opponents should be better than this, so I'm guessing your opponents just need more knowledge to push you a bit more." and you're responding with, "No! I'm better than that, I just didn't need to against these guys."

>_>

synce

I think 3h+k spam is a valid strategy but it'll only get you so far. Not sure if Hitomi is a bad matchup or Worm wasn't at his best (saw a bit too much 1p given the situation...)

Anyway if you have a fast crush that hits mid you don't need to worry about 3h+k (or sst). Or you could just block 3h+k and counter with a good low

HiguraShiki

the 3H+K forcetech stuff is a legit mixup... you force the person to guess between either a 3H+K or 9P, which will both cause the P+K into 3H+K forcetech. If you feel they will block or hold, you can throw out 6T for the guaranteed K mixups or you can TD for the TD break mixups. You use it when it works.

DrDogg

the 3H+K forcetech stuff is a legit mixup... you force the person to guess between either a 3H+K or 9P, which will both cause the P+K into 3H+K forcetech. If you feel they will block or hold, you can throw out 6T for the guaranteed K mixups or you can TD for the TD break mixups. You use it when it works.

We're not referring to the force tech setup.

Jefffcore

I think 3h+k spam is a valid strategy but it'll only get you so far. Not sure if Hitomi is a bad matchup or Worm wasn't at his best (saw a bit too much 1p given the situation...)

Anyway if you have a fast crush that hits mid you don't need to worry about 3h+k (or sst). Or you could just block 3h+k and counter with a good low
See that's what people are failing to see. In those 2 match-ups 3H+K is great; in match ups against characters with a lot of good mids, it wont work as well.

DrDogg

See that's what people are failing to see. In those 2 match-ups 3H+K is great; in match ups against characters with a lot of good mids, it wont work as well.

Ayane and Hitomi both have good mids...

Anyway you want to look at it, you should not have been able to play the way you did in the finals of a tournament. I don't see how you can debate that.

mcpeanuts

One of my matches from NEC:

I don't know what I'm doing and I just mash takedown. And then when takedown hits I don't even get the full followup.

DrDogg

One of my matches from NEC:

I don't know what I'm doing and I just mash takedown. And then when takedown hits I don't even get the full followup.

I enjoyed that match. You missed some guaranteed damage/punishment here and there, and you're not using her full arsenal, but definitely solid play, especially considering this was a month ago.

Also, don't worry about getting the tackle broken. I actually mess around with letting the opponent break the tackle so I can take my frame advantage and continue my offense. Depends on the situation and the opponent.

Raansu

Ya I definitely like it when people break my tackle. Ya its a risk/mixup but I'd rather have that frame advantage than the reset from completing the ground pound and me having to back away from a fucking wake up kick.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD