Mila's 1.0.3 Changes

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
With the Tackle and 4k changes maybe they want to make her 4KT have a significantly higher rate of success. I'm not sure what all the requirements are aside from blocking and whiffed holds/highs but I've occasionally had success making that work without canceling. Most of the time when I get 4K to connect the opponent will be in their "crouching-hit-recovery" state and the Tackle won't work (as if they were ducking), other times (again not sure of all the situations as it doesn't happen a whole lot outside of aforementioned requirements) they will remain in a standing state after taking the damage and the hit stun is long enough (barely) to get hit by the Tackle if they don't low hold (haven't seen that yet though).

Chaos

Full List:

6P has more recovery - Big fail! No reason to make this change.

66P now only +7 - Big fail! If it was mid, I might be okay with this, but as a high attack that doesn't track... and now with tackle being slower (and less of a mix-up option)... yeah big fail here!

9P now bounces - Big fail! Seems like this means you don't get a guaranteed mount now.

4K has more recovery - Big fail! Goodbye tackle loop setups.

K now has a bigger stun on CH - This is actually bad because it's your go to attack after 6T. The way it was before, you could loop 6T due to the short stun on CH K. Now you can't do that unless the opponent counters. So instead of a relatively safe 6T throw loop, you now have to deal with a normal stun and the opponent trying to counter randomly. Pretty big fail here!

H+K does more damage - Great...? Not really significant at all.

1P no longer stuns and only gives +2 advantage on normal hit - Big Fail! At least make it tech crouch faster if you're going to make this kind of change.

Tackle is slower by 9 frames now - I need to see the full frame data on this. If the active window is larger, I'll be happy, but I doubt that's the change. More than likely it has more execution frames and possibly more recovery. Both of which would be a big fail!

Damage on mount punches/kickss shifts so that the last hit is the big damage and the second hit is less damage - This means you lose damage now if you let the opponent escape to take your frame advantage. I don't like this change and definitely don't feel it was necessary. Big nerf IMO!

Damage was buffed on the ground throw "throw" option - Okay... I guess. Nice for near the end of the round.

Sidestep P is now unsafe - Big Fail! This wasn't at all broken and yet they change it.

Sidestep K is now safe - nice, but it's high so not that great, especially when a good opponent will duck or low throw to avoid SS tackle

Sidestep tackle is slower - Fail
Thats what happens when people bitch about a certain character being "OP" :(

Edit: These changes are not that bad.

Kakita

With the Tackle and 4k changes maybe they want to make her 4KT have a significantly higher rate of success. I'm not sure what all the requirements are aside from blocking and whiffed holds/highs but I've occasionally had success making that work without canceling. Most of the time when I get 4K to connect the opponent will be in their "crouching-hit-recovery" state and the Tackle won't work (as if they were ducking), other times (again not sure of all the situations as it doesn't happen a whole lot outside of aforementioned requirements) they will remain in a standing state after taking the damage and the hit stun is long enough (barely) to get hit by the Tackle if they don't low hold (haven't seen that yet though).

So if I understand correctly, you're saying that with the added recovery to 4K on hit and block, the TD follow up could potentially grab them as they recover from the stun?

That could be the case fot the TD, but all other TD cancel options being slower might make it harder for her to continue stuns or launch as opponents will have more time to slow escape or react.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
So if I understand correctly, you're saying that with the added recovery to 4K on hit and block, the TD follow up could potentially grab them as they recover from the stun?
That is what I'm hoping for because I don't cancel a whole lot online and the success rate for it is quite low but just about everyone I play stands still long enough after a failed tackle follow up to let me grab them with something else anyway.

Kakita

That's an interesting theory. 4k into TD now becomes better after CH. it still sucks that won't be as good on block, I love to open people up with that move...

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Takedown change...EWE. Activation frames were extended and coming out of SS is pretty slow, you go into the crouching state before the takedown after the SS, which is kind of odd. Not to mention sidestepping

6P recovery is fairly noticeable, more or less just gives the opponent more time to prepare for the second P in the string.

9P bounces only on Critical Stuns (red) and on CB.

1P...well there goes one Mount recovery option, looks like it will only now stun on counter and critical hits.

As for the damage buffs on Takedown, amazing. You can SEE the difference in damage, as in HOLY SHIT THAT DAMAGE.
Tackle PPP: In the Lab 60 damage on normal hit if you get all three hits (without Tackle damage, with it 96 damage), Counter: adds another 7 damage from just tackle (103),
Hi-Counter Tackle is 51, plus the 60 from the full PPP (111).
On normal surfaces the PPP combo deals 50, total 80 damage if done just from Tackle.

214T Total damage is now 90, just need 3 of those to win a match now...

And I was wrong about the 4KT, figured out the conditions to make it work just now. 4K needs to be a normal hit or on block, no stun or critical hit to make the Tackle work. Otherwise 4K is pretty punishable now.

Haven't been online, will try some matches after work in the morning.

DrDogg

You dont go in recovery because it is same like combo. Which means you dont have recovery between the hits only start up and active frames.
And besides all i still thing the "k" counters like HI counter is beyond good buff anyway.
You can do something like that. Because it is a set up: 6T. than crouch dash (in which time u see if the oponent make counter hold) than if he not you normal punch and go in 33 frames stun. If he do than you grab him again.
Or you can just continue "k" with 4 or 5 different type of hits so the guess game is in your advantage.

It depends on how you like to play DOA5 Mila. My play style is to prevent the opponent from countering as much as possible. The 6T loop was a great way to do this since the opponent is never in a heavy stun. Now, it starts a stun combo, which makes it no different than any other CH stun. Can I work with it, yes. Would I prefer the old K, absolutely.

When the tackle doesn't connect after 4K, Mila is at advantage. Sometimes this is better than having the tackle connect. As long as the changes doesn't make tackle more reactable, I'll deal. As it stands, you can already react to the tackle so... yeah.

rximmortal

So here is my point of view after testing her on 1.03.
7P is totaly useless now you can continue even with single hit after it counters.
6T , K - same as before
6P - same as before
Tackle damage and punches damage are higher.
4K , T now is slower but you can hit with T even if your oponent is hitted by 4k.
p+k - totaly useless now.
Mila no longer has 7p , p+k loop.
(so there are 2 useless moves until now)
side step P same as before
side step K same as before (-7 on block now)
K make 26 stun on counter hit which is not so big deal
So when i sumarize:
Now mila has 2 ABSOLUTLY USELESS MOVES , and a buff to the damage in take down which is slower.
So at ALL IT IS TOTAL NERF. NO buffs.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
good luck :)
I'm doing fine against most people online with barely any changes to the way I play Mila, just need to stop using SST as an initiation tool and play more at 3+ bars instead of taking anybody in ranked. Though now it is pretty difficult for me to counter SST properly because of the decreased speed on it while so many attacks that don't have tracking capabilities somehow seem to get them as I SST.

Jefffcore

I don't mind the Mila nerfs, honestly. I didn't feel very accomplished winning with her, she was pretty braindead.

synce

Looks like p6pp,p+k,2t doesn't work as an ender anymore? Or is there a special condition to getting it now?

Although even without it she hits so hard... I forgot just how hard she hits. Really, really fucking hard. Tempted to pick her back up

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Assuming a launch via 33P no can do, the P+K is techable but can be grabbed if the person doesn't tech (they end up on the ground close enough to be grabbed).
Same with 6H+K as a launch, your opponent just can tech but otherwise it isn't possible if they do.
If using 9K to launch you will whiff with the P+K.
P6PP, 3H+K is too slow if they tech but will force a tech if it is not teched.

Yeah, pretty bad how easy it is to do 150+ damage with her in a single combo. My personal best so far is 15 hits doing 185 damage pre 1.02 in ranked, 13 hits 195 damage Offline (there was a mount follow up both times in the Lab because I didn't think the people would tech). Pretty sure I can do over 200 now with the mount PPP buff.

Just now noticed her PPPP on normal hit doesn't count the first three hits as part of the combo if used to start one. Just now did a 171 damage combo (PPPP, PPPP, 6P+K for Critical Burst, 33P, P6PP, PPPP, 2T, PPP on lightweight) using PPPP as a start and lost 38 damage off the combo as a result. So really I did 209 damage... That's pretty damn powerful, especially against people who don't know how to tech or see it coming. I use lot's of variations of this in battles because up until the CB because the damage is so damn reliable once they get launched. Mid weight and higher you have to modify the last PPPP to PPP and PP respectively unless you have the timing down just right to get a PPP in on heavyweights (happens more often than you think it would). If the person is teching it then I just use P6P6P to hit them into a wall for about 130ish damage.
If you can sneak in a 3PP instead of the last PPPP then you can get a bounce high enough to do one or two more hits max, if lucky as all get out another (I've only done it once and can't replicate it at all) 3PP into another small bounce that you can't really do anything after.

Kakita

Looks like p6pp,p+k,2t doesn't work as an ender anymore? Or is there a special condition to getting it now?

Although even without it she hits so hard... I forgot just how hard she hits. Really, really fucking hard. Tempted to pick her back up
No P+K doesn't work anymore, either go for full air juggle or pseudo.
And yes, she hits freaking hard with the new health adjustment.

DrDogg

Mila no longer has 7p , p+k loop.
(so there are 2 useless moves until now)

Well, it's been fun guys. I'll see you next game. Of all the nerfs, this is by far the biggest.

side step P same as before

It's unsafe. How is that at all, "same as before". Being unsafe means it's pretty much useless now.

I'm doing fine against most people online with barely any changes to the way I play Mila, just need to stop using SST as an initiation tool and play more at 3+ bars instead of taking anybody in ranked. Though now it is pretty difficult for me to counter SST properly because of the decreased speed on it while so many attacks that don't have tracking capabilities somehow seem to get them as I SST.

Online...

I don't mind the Mila nerfs, honestly. I didn't feel very accomplished winning with her, she was pretty braindead.

No offense, but the only Mila footage we have of you is 3H+K spam. Based solely on that, you have no reason to be upset because 3H+K wasn't changed. But you never used Mila's best tools, which have all been nerfed to hell, and your Mila was never put up against top players.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD