Mila's 1.0.3 Changes

Raansu

No. Because you think the loss of SS~tackle is the big issue. That statement tells me you aren't a high level Mila player.

Also, it doesn't matter if she's good now or not. She plays like a DOA4 character. They removed everything that allowed her to use the new DOA5 mechanics. I will not play the guessing game over and over again, sorry. Have fun with your DOA4.5 Mila.

Pretty much why I dropped Hitomi. I'm about done with this game myself.

DrDogg

I dunno, perhaps use a character who doesn't play the guessing game then?

I did... then Team Ninja decided to nerf her so that she's forced to play the guessing game. I'm not going to play a character I don't like just to avoid the problems with DOA5. It's much easier to just stop playing the game.

SilverForte

I feel for you man, I guess I'm lucky my chars are still fine. Maybe you could look more into Rig, almost no one plays him, and I for one would like to see someone do well with him, I think he's a really cool char.

Raansu

I feel for you man, I guess I'm lucky my chars are still fine. Maybe you could look more into Rig, almost no one plays him, and I for one would like to see someone do well with him, I think he's a really cool char.

Rig has problems safely entering BND, and even when he does get into it, his options are fairly limited unlike Sarah who can safely go into flamingo and have good options out the ass. I believe that's why Dr.Dogg picked up Mila to begin with.

Kakita

No. Because you think the loss of SS~tackle is the big issue. That statement tells me you aren't a high level Mila player.

Also, it doesn't matter if she's good now or not. She plays like a DOA4 character. They removed everything that allowed her to use the new DOA5 mechanics. I will not play the guessing game over and over again, sorry. Have fun with your DOA4.5 Mila.
-Yes she lost her SS T (still usable, but harder).
-Yes she lost her SS P safeness.
-Yes she lost her 7P into P+K.
-Yes she lost her 9P into ground game, now only good near a wall.
-Yes she lost her P+K knock down into ground throws.
-Yes her GB has been nerfed.
-Yes her 4K has been nerfed (not too much).
That being said.
-She still has her 6T loops.
-She still has her sit down stuns.
-She still has her speudo forcetechs that lead to advantage.
I honestly don't play her too differently. The only major loss are 7P into P+K and SS T. She basically lost a strong offensive and defensive tool, but that's it. Other than that, the rest is minor.
-I still loop peusdo force techs.
- Still loop 6T (It is unchanged).
- Still use 3PP and 7K(Charge) to sit down into guaranteed launch.
- Still forece tech with 3F+K loop (although it's now more risky to use, now a 50/50 mixup).
In other words, she's still very decent. She hasn't completely reverted to DOA4 trash like everyone would make you think, there's still plenty of DOA5 left in her, and it still makes her very good.

Hurricane Rev

Placed top 3 at D.i.D7 and won two CEO's. Sorry, who are you? Oh that's right, some random European player who has been pretending to know how to play DoA since back when DoAC was still around.

Well Fair Enough!! If I do plan on going over to the US, then I'm going to find you and I would be happy to money match you ;)

I wasn't complaining about anything though. You are the one who is getting upset about Mila Changes and You won't be playing with her because she is soo bad now. Heck, you even wrote an essay about your thoughts on how bad Mila is. That to me tells me that you are not a high level Mila player.

A high level Mila player would accept the changes that has been done to her without complaining/crying and carrying on using her despite she's bad now.

SilverForte

Dr.Dogg probably knows more about Mila than anyone else here. To me him knowing exactly how these changes hurt her shows he knows the char well, plus he does well in high level play. How does that show he isn't a high level player with her? To me it shows the opposite.

Also, your 2nd statement basically says that Mila players are babies if they don't keep on using her despite probably not even liking how she plays now, how does that make sense?

Please think through your posts before submitting sir.

Hurricane Rev

Dr.Dogg probably knows more about Mila than anyone else here. To me him knowing exactly how these changes hurt her shows he knows the char well, plus he does well in high level play. How does that show he isn't a high level player with her? To me it shows the opposite.

True, he probably does know more things about Mila than anyone else on here. But the problem that I have is that he didn't give Mila's new changes a chance. He just pretty much saw the nerfs that was done to Mila and he isn't planning on playing with her because of it. Heck, he didn't even spend weeks or at least a Month with the new Patch yet. How is that a high level player when you based your views on the new patch changes for a short period of Time and don't go into training mode to find out whats good/bad about the character??

Also, your 2nd statement basically says that Mila players are babies if they don't keep on using her despite probably not even liking how she plays now, how does that make sense?

Please think through your posts before submitting sir.

That is not what I'm trying to say. What I'm trying to say is that a high level generally player will deal with the problems or issues. A high level player wouldn't just sit down and cry over the patch changes. They would be in training mode with the character to find out what is good/bad with them in the new patch for weeks or atleast a month and that is something that Dr.Dogg hasn't done yet. He just made a difference between the previous patch to the new patch.

Let me get one thing straight and to be clear. If you don't like how Mila is now and you want to change characters, then that is fair enough. I haven't got a problem with that.

If a new game randomly came out, you wouldn't know everything straight away. It takes you months to figure out new things about the game and that is pretty much the same way about the new Patch.

rximmortal

Yes she lost 7P , P+K , but you can still go for her other option which is a diffrent set more safer than 7P , P+K.
After CH , Just go KP ,3PP,6PP (3H+K)
CH , P6P, KP,3PP,6PP (3H+K)
Yes it is not so good as 7p . p+K but it is at least more safer , and go to pseudo force tech or finish with 6PP( for max damage).
So Mila still has 2 ''safe'' start up combos from MId (3PP) and from High(KP).

Raansu

True, he probably does know more things about Mila than anyone else on here. But the problem that I have is that he didn't give Mila's new changes a chance. He just pretty much saw the nerfs that was done to Mila and he isn't planning on playing with her because of it. Heck, he didn't even spend weeks or at least a Month with the new Patch yet. How is that a high level player when you based your views on the new patch changes for a short period of Time and don't go into training mode to find out whats good/bad about the character??

That is not what I'm trying to say. What I'm trying to say is that a high level generally player will deal with the problems or issues. A high level player wouldn't just sit down and cry over the patch changes. They would be in training mode with the character to find out what is good/bad with them in the new patch for weeks or atleast a month and that is something that Dr.Dogg hasn't done yet. He just made a difference between the previous patch to the new patch.

Let me get one thing straight and to be clear. If you don't like how Mila is now and you want to change characters, then that is fair enough. I haven't got a problem with that.

If a new game randomly came out, you wouldn't know everything straight away. It takes you months to figure out new things about the game and that is pretty much the same way about the new Patch.

If you understand a character it doesn't take very long to figure out if they are good or bad. The day the game came out I spent about 20 minutes with Hitomi and pretty much immediately knew she was garbage. Low and behold several months later I have yet to find anything good about her and to this day I am still correct in the fact that she is not a good character. Even NinjaCW had given up on her.

TakedaZX

I haven't even touched the game since SoCal Regionals, and have no plans to.

I put up with the nerfs from the E3 build to the Hot Import Nights build. I put up with the nerfs from the Hot Import Nights build to the GVN build. I put up with the nerfs from the GVN build to the day one patch build. I will not put up with these ridiculous changes any longer.

Also, every character who had a reset of some sort still has it except for Bass on an aerial opponent (but he still has it on a non-airborne opponent).

The Japanese players that Team Ninja continues to listen to want a game where nothing is guaranteed. From DOA4 until now, EVERYONE who plays the game outside of Japan (at a competitive level), goes for the small bits of guaranteed damage that slips through the testing phase. Then Team Ninja patches it out and kills what little competitive scene is left.

Oddly enough, Mochi-A used all of Sarah's guaranteed stuff when he won the DOA5 tournament in Japan. Team Ninja just needs to fire their testers and bring in people who understand how fighting games are supposed to be played (preferably no one from Namco's Project Soul).

That said... remove all of the nerfs from the patch, keep the SE glitch... and you've got a solid game.
JL lost his... I don't know how you didn't see me say that. Anyway yea I definitely hear you on that. I heard from SL that these testers they've got are pushing this game down into the pits of no return (my words not his). Regardless I know a few characters do have some resets going on still which is why I approve of her having it back.

But though she did lose that stuff all I was getting at is when it comes to the OH, especially the sidestep one, God forbid someone go for a long string mixup. They will get chunked for a good helping of their life or a 50/50 (at worst) mixup and it's in your favor because you have the one grace frame that will beat him even if he matches you on the press.

But when I say that I'm speaking damage and the fact that against longer strings it can be very effective and even some shorter ones can setup especially have you're willing to also throw some side step punches as well.

Not great stuff but definitely manageable for now so I think you should at least give it a try. If anyone can find some stuff It'd be you right? :)

If you understand a character it doesn't take very long to figure out if they are good or bad. The day the game came out I spent about 20 minutes with Hitomi and pretty much immediately knew she was garbage. Low and behold several months later I have yet to find anything good about her and to this day I am still correct in the fact that she is not a good character. Even NinjaCW had given up on her.
She's garbage in DOA5 terms. Her damage is now ridiculous though. Whiffing a hold against her is probably the worst idea in the world. It's pretty much the only reason that she tops Mila's throw game. Yea Mila gets an option to attempt 8 Damage in a throw... but then you've gotta press a button at least once. 33T with Hitomi and god forbid there's a wall behind her... -shutters-. My god.

DrDogg

Rig is my secondary. He had a lot of problems at high levels of play and Team Ninja only addressed one of them (poorly). It's a big uphill battle to play as him. I can beat average players, but against anyone good it's not even a match.

-Yes she lost her SS T (still usable, but harder).
-Yes she lost her 9P into ground game, now only good near a wall.
-Yes she lost her P+K knock down into ground throws.
-Yes her GB has been nerfed.

While I'd like to have the old SS~tackle, none of this really matters all that much.

-Yes she lost her SS P safeness.
-Yes she lost her 7P into P+K.
-Yes her 4K has been nerfed (not too much).

These are all HUGE nerfs. These three nerfs are pretty much the reason why I'm no longer playing the game. The other nerfs attribute to the issue, but these are the main changes.

That being said.
-She still has her 6T loops.
-She still has her sit down stuns.
-She still has her speudo forcetechs that lead to advantage.
I honestly don't play her too differently. The only major loss are 7P into P+K and SS T. She basically lost a strong offensive and defensive tool, but that's it. Other than that, the rest is minor.
-I still loop peusdo force techs.
- Still loop 6T (It is unchanged).
- Still use 3PP and 7K(Charge) to sit down into guaranteed launch.
- Still forece tech with 3F+K loop (although it's now more risky to use, now a 50/50 mixup).
In other words, she's still very decent. She hasn't completely reverted to DOA4 trash like everyone would make you think, there's still plenty of DOA5 left in her, and it still makes her very good.

Her 6T loop is nice, but not enough by itself. Her main sit-down stun is gone. 3PP and 7K are not very good without support from 7P and at least the threat of SS~tackle (which s only a threat with SS P being safe).

No offense to you, but I really wish people would stop using the term PFT. It's either a FT or it's not. Mila's FT got nerfed, but it's still manageable. When you add in the other nerfs, it's not enough to keep her afloat or allow you to stray away from the DOA4 style of play.

When I played Mila pre-patch, I never had to use a CB, I never had to use a launch, and I could make my opponents counter only when I wanted them to. I can't play her that way now, and all that's left is to play the stun game with a small FT game tacked on (and nerfed). I will not play Mila like that, especially when it seems like she was changed specifically to limit her play style.

I wasn't complaining about anything though. You are the one who is getting upset about Mila Changes and You won't be playing with her because she is soo bad now. Heck, you even wrote an essay about your thoughts on how bad Mila is. That to me tells me that you are not a high level Mila player.

A high level Mila player would accept the changes that has been done to her without complaining/crying and carrying on using her despite she's bad now.

I really wish you'd pay closer attention. I don't care that Mila isn't as good as she was. I play low tier in Soul Calibur 5 and they were nerfed in the big patch for that game too. Yet, I still played through Evo.

My issue is that she plays like a DOA4 character. I refuse to play DOA4 and I refuse to "thank" Team Ninja for gutting my character when there was absolutely no reason for them to do so. They messed up the game for me and so I have stopped playing. It's very simple.

JL lost his... I don't know how you didn't see me say that.

Jann Lee can still loop Dragon Gunner just fine.

But though she did lose that stuff all I was getting at is when it comes to the OH, especially the sidestep one, God forbid someone go for a long string mixup. They will get chunked for a good helping of their life or a 50/50 (at worst) mixup and it's in your favor because you have the one grace frame that will beat him even if he matches you on the press.

But when I say that I'm speaking damage and the fact that against longer strings it can be very effective and even some shorter ones can setup especially have you're willing to also throw some side step punches as well.

I see where you're coming from, but unfortunately all this tells me is that if I'm playing against someone who is average at best, I can still use SS~tackle. Because against anyone good, they'll know not to use long linear strings against Mila.

Before I could play a relatively safe Mila. Now I have to take DOA4 style risks, and I'm just not willing to do that. I'd rather just not play the game. Mila could be top tier with her gutted style and I still wouldn't play. I do not want to play DOA4 Mila.

She's garbage in DOA5 terms. Her damage is now ridiculous though. Whiffing a hold against her is probably the worst idea in the world. It's pretty much the only reason that she tops Mila's throw game. Yea Mila gets an option to attempt 8 Damage in a throw... but then you've gotta press a button at least once. 33T with Hitomi and god forbid there's a wall behind her... -shutters-. My god.

I do agree with this. When your back is to a wall, you do not counter against Hitomi. So scary! She's still not good though. I think pretty much every good Hitomi player has dropped her (before the patch), just like people are running from Mila post-patch.

I applaud all of you who are sticking with Mila, but unless you can find a way to avoid playing the DOA4 stun game with her, there isn't much you can say to change my mind.

TakedaZX

Because i didnt play doa4. Is Doa4 stun game =? Doa5 stun game :????
He says that because in DOA4 the stun game called for you to constantly guess over and over. Basically how it worked was, [stun stun stun launch juggle forced tech stun stun stun throw] etc. It was a constant guessing game because every one of those stuns and launchers could be countered at all times an the juggles were only as good as the launch height. Throws could be beaten out by mashing an attack button or strategically thinking of starting a combo.

DOA5 works off some guaranteed damage. Examples: Guaranteed wall combos, guaranteed setups off of sitdown stuns and other special unholdable stuns, guaranteed combo grabs if jf timing on input, guaranteed setups off of guard breaks... the word here is...

#Guaranteed.

Mila and the other's also had the reset loop which allowed them to guess more. Funny that we want more of that... apparently... which also reminds me.
JL can loop the Dragon Gunner
and Mila can 6T, K. Sounds pretty even to me.

TakedaZX

Ya no...not even close to the same thing.
Don't be ridiculous.

JL: Offensive Hold - Impact in 19 frames (20 with the extra input delay) - Damage on NH = 20
Gives +25 allowing to follow up with: Dash p6p, Dash 6H+K, 66K. Follow ups guarantee 48-50 damage on NH and a deep stun mix-up.
Strengths? Absorbs attacks, Holds, and breaks through blocking as if it were a grab
Weakness? Throws, Low Holds

Mila: Command Throw - Impact in 7 frames (8 with extra input delay) - Damage on NH = 20
Give +15 allow to follow up with: Standing K. Follow up guarantees 48 damage and a mid punch 50/50. If the mid punch is delayed enough it will register as a SD stun (P+K) but will no longer link in with KP.
Strengths? Beats the Dragon Gunner, Beats Holds, Breaks through blocking, Faster than the dragon gunner.
Weaknesses? Low Holds and Strikes

If you have a reason to say why that's not even you'll have to try hard to convince me and you'd better be ready to debate.

DrDogg

DOA5 works off some guaranteed damage. Examples: Guaranteed wall combos, guaranteed setups off of sitdown stuns and other special unholdable stuns, guaranteed combo grabs if jf timing on input, guaranteed setups off of guard breaks... the word here is...

#Guaranteed.

A wall combo is no different than a launcher, most characters don't get much from their sit-down stuns, and they're fairly situational (in most cases), and the JF combo grabs were in DOA4. Back at E3, DOA5 had a lot of guaranteed stuff, now it's just an extension of DOA4 with a few bits of guaranteed damage.

Mila and the other's also had the reset loop which allowed them to guess more. Funny that we want more of that... apparently...

I really don't mean any offense by this, but the fact that you think Mila's reset loop allowed the opponent to guess more is a clear sign that you don't understand the high level concepts of this game and Mila's play style pre-patch.

When I played Mila pre-patch, I basically controlled when my opponent could counter. It was a very low risk situation. Post-patch, it's just the normal DOA4 stun game, which is high risk and relatively low reward until you're 3-4 hits into a stun combo and can launch or CB (which is still a risk).

Don't be ridiculous.

JL: Offensive Hold - Impact in 19 frames (20 with the extra input delay) - Damage on NH = 20
Gives +25 allowing to follow up with: Dash p6p, Dash 6H+K, 66K. Follow ups guarantee 48-50 damage on NH and a deep stun mix-up.
Strengths? Absorbs attacks, Holds, and breaks through blocking as if it were a grab
Weakness? Throws, Low Holds

Mila: Command Throw - Impact in 7 frames (8 with extra input delay) - Damage on NH = 20
Give +15 allow to follow up with: Standing K. Follow up guarantees 48 damage and a mid punch 50/50. If the mid punch is delayed enough it will register as a SD stun (P+K) but will no longer link in with KP.
Strengths? Beats the Dragon Gunner, Beats Holds, Breaks through blocking, Faster than the dragon gunner.
Weaknesses? Low Holds and Strikes

If you have a reason to say why that's not even you'll have to try hard to convince me and you'd better be ready to debate.

Again, this just shows your lack of understanding. The fact that the Dragon Gunner is an offensive hold is a big difference right off the bat. Then you add in the longer range and the massive damage with limited guessing that Jann Lee gets off of Dragon Gunner, and there's simply no comparison.

When you fight against Jann Lee, you have to respect the Dragon Gunner. When you fight against Mila, you're not really worried about 6T. Hit me with 6T all day long, if you ever do KP, the P is getting countered on reaction. Anything else you do can be blocked other than another 6T, but a quick fuzzy guard will take care of that. There's no threat to 6T like you have with Dragon Gunner, which makes it a completely different situation.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD