Momiji General Discussion

synce

Personally I think those moves are just filler, her focus will be driving people crazy with DJ mixups. I'm anxious to see the frames on everything and if it's holdable or not

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I REALLY don't understand why she has some of Hayate's moves, Hayabusa's I can understand she's being trained by him so it's obvious that she'd have her own take on Busa's moves and Izunas but why Hayate? did they run out of ideas cuz last I checked Momiji's never even MET Hayate :/

that's like Hitomi randomly getting Jann Lee's P+K

he does happen to be best friends with the guy it wouldn't be that strange to teach her some of his techniques in a story sense

SilverForte

What makes the most sense to me is that she may have learned those moves while on her personal journey after dragon sword. She may have trained with hayate a bit knowing he's a good friend of ryus.

Zeo

0:30... 66PP is a sitdown into sitdown :eek:
Pretty sure that's not 66PP. I saw that short Japanese combo training video. 66PP was a mid punch to what looked like a high punch NH launcher.

Anyways, Only 72 moves and she's got some of Hayate's? She's looking to be a simple straightforward character with a few mixup tools (Female Hayate basically). I'm hype, she'll fit right in with my other characters. Bring her on.

synce

I think she has much more in common with Mila than Hayate, but instead of TD mixup there's DJ mixup. I'm betting everything that leads into it has a deep stun so that should be fun

Zeo

I think she has much more in common with Mila than Hayate, but instead of TD mixup there's DJ mixup. I'm betting everything that leads into it has a deep stun so that should be fun

Hayate's PPPP, 6PP, 3PP, 7P (Her P+K CB), And a variation of both his 2P and 2F+K. I got a much larger emphasis on Hayate with her than Mila. I also feel her DJ mixup is kind of like Hayate's WD mixups. Only more effective.

I think the DJ PB, assuming she doesn't have it on the ground. In which case if you land a CB you have to either use a regular juggle or the PL. Reducing the DJ PB to a gimmick stun game guessing tool. Unreliable essentially. She should have it on the ground as well. But a DJ and ground variation of a CB and PB? That's kinda nuts.

XxSakuraLuvaxX

Some characters have some strings/attacks not in their command training but in their move list- probably because the string is just a copy of others but one move is different. (Brad's an example where almost every attack is in command training :oops: ) She probably will have some kind of wake-up attack not in there either.

Zeo

Every ninja has a special wakeup attack. Don't see why she wouldn't. The trick will be figuring out what the command is and the required laydown position.

XxSakuraLuvaxX

Every ninja has a special wakeup attack. Don't see why she wouldn't. The trick will be figuring out what the command is and the required laydown position.
It should say in the movelist, but not in command training-
ex. :kasumi: "While getting up :H+K:"

So it shouldn't be too hard to find out but I guess the position will have to be found.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD