Momiji General Discussion

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I haven't really spent too much time with her like I really want to only because of school schedule. I'm still trying to find some combos & get used to her style. Most of the time that I had so far went to Kasumi & then yesterday, I got a good hour 1 1/2 with her & Ayane. She's definitely going to be part of my offline roster with them (not sure about the other 2 I have in mind yet. Haven't explored much with them either).

Einzelkind

I'm surprised how safe Momiji is on block. I can post a list of every move tomorrow.

Did anyone find a use for her qcb double sitdown stun in singles yet? Her moves from backturned are shit, so she can't really do a good follow-up.

Nuke-Nin

I'm surprised how safe Momiji is on block. I can post a list of every move tomorrow.

Did anyone find a use for her qcb double sitdown stun in singles yet? Her moves from backturned are shit, so she can't really do a good follow-up.
Yes actually in return of the shadows video they are used as CB setups

:214::P::P+K: :5: BT:4::K: :5: :P+K: before the BT4K dash forward

or
:214::P::P+K: :5: BT:4::P: :5: :P+K:

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor

44K is a good move to get into backturn. It has good range and is safe on block at -3. On hit you get a free 4K or P unless your opponent holds. But they would have to guess between 4K or 4P. If you hit with 4P you get a feint stun that leaves your opponent in a unholdable/UnSEable and Unblockable stun that gives you a free 8K or 8P. I recommand 8K since that launcher does more damage than 8P. After 4K if set up properly you can get a P+K. P+K is real good even if not used as a CB because of the range and the stun it gives you. Also after 4K sit down you have time to go into Uzukaze and start a mix up by time they recover from the sit down. You also have other things you can do from BT like 4P which is also safe on block at -3 and 2K for a low sweep.

Also keep in mind that after 214 P P+K the 4P can be SEd. But even if your opponent SE BT 4P is safe on block. 44K 4K, P+K I recommand doing near a wall or some place where the space is more narrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Also from BT Momiji has 4PP which like I mentioned before 4P is safe and if hit confirmed you can do 4PP which is a launcher.

Einzelkind

Wouldn't it be smarter to just go for the CB after :214::P::P+K: BT :4::K: ?

I also found a nice combo for her :9::K::

:P+K: (gives a limbo stun), :6::6::P::P:, :4::4::P::8::P::K:,:P::P::P::P: (92)

Still need to test it on other weight classes,though. But it works on lightweights.

Thing is, it's stagger escapable before the BT4K. It's not even that hard with the new SE system.
I usually go for a throw mix up after the double sitdown, because it is slow es-capable.

Or if you counter strike them with something like 6P you can go into the double sitdown and than use BT4P which causes.....this bounce...stun....I think that's what it's called.....anywho you can go into quite a few juggle enders after that. The one I use is 6PKKP

Omegan Eckhart

I don't think she needs a nerf. Maybe she is too safe in comparison to other characters but I'd rather they give other characters more safe moves to compensate.

I thought her Tenku mix ups having an ender that is +7 was kind of unfair seeing as she has strong mix ups from that stance but then I discovered that none of her string variants track, that includes the throw. So all you have to do is SS and she can't touch you when she is in the air.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I like mashing random buttons against people who don't know how she works and getting critical bursts.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD