does momji need a better low string

• yes

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • no

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Omegan Eckhart

Not sure how many of you actually use her outside of training mode but she's really not that good. You take big risks with her every time you jump whether or not the opponent is stunned, and the reward you get for guessing right isn't worth it IMO.

Also her sit downs are laughable, her i12 throw is pathetic for someone who's supposed to be Hayabusa's disciple, and aikido without parries just doesn't make sense.

Once the character unfamiliarity wears off I think more people will realize she's mid-low tier at best.
Her SDS's are purely designed to guarantee additional stun, it's not great but it's still useful.

She can guard crush into her jump stance negating any risk during transition.

HC Tenku throw nets 111 points of damage on HC, that's a lot of damage for a non grappler character.

Her i12 nets her 93 points of damage on HC which is higher than most of the strikers in the game.

Mid Tier is perfectly respectable in a game like DOA. She certainly isn't OP but she has all the tools she needs to win.

Saber

Her SDS's are purely designed to guarantee additional stun, it's not great but it's still useful.
Okay, I'll give you that.

She can guard crush into her jump stance negating any risk during transition.
HC Tenku throw nets 111 points of damage on HC, that's a lot of damage for a non grappler character.
Sidestep-able. Hard to do, but it's possible. Not to mention it's a mid-air telegraphed throw (she should be rewarded for landing it). All you really have to do is duck or low hold.

There's the P option to deal with that but it does crap damage when it's not used in juggle and only resets the situation, at max guaranteeing a down punch. Because FTs are gone, she can't pressure with this. Heck, her Double Jump isn't even her main form of mixups unlike Christie with JAK and Helena with Bokuho. As of now, there's no use for it other than in stun or for juggling purposes (and it's all 50/50s). Like every other jumping move, getting knocked out of it is Hi-CH.

Her i12 nets her 93 points of damage on HC which is higher than most of the strikers in the game.
Kasumi, Helena, Ein, Kokoro, Hitomi, Ayane, Hayate, Akira, Jacky and Brad Wong do more damage on their Hi-C throws. It's the same damage as Zack and Eliot's throws.

Mid Tier is perfectly respectable in a game like DOA. She certainly isn't OP but she has all the tools she needs to win.
I agree with that. But she should have something that scares her opponents. Either more mix ups from Double Jump or make it an evasive stance. I don't know. Aikido without defense doesn't make any sense.

And I'm gonna leave this here.

Last edited:

Tenryuga

This just supports the idea that double jump is more used as a stun game mixup tool than something to be done at neutral. I called this before the game was released. How viable would you say double jump is for whiff punishment Saber? Or any other Momiji players.

Saber

Whiff punishment? Tenku K can be used, but it's very risky (can be ducked and sidestepped). It's not even useful as a long range poke. 66PP, 44K, 236P and 66K are better.

Double Jump needs either longer range or shortened recovery to actually be a viable evasive tool. Right now, her 2H+K and 6K are her best crushes (particularly 6K because it leads to her Jump string and is completely airborne).

Saber

Is it unsafe for momiji to do nothing after double jump? Or can she be punished?
She can be easily whiff punished (by a mid strike or with a low throw). Double Jump's recovery frames are insanely long, but her single Jump is good for simply avoiding lows since the recovery is short.

vINv

yep momji well needs to b little better shes not good enough as char her mix ups rnt solid ther based on gimmics very frustrating whe every char has jab low mix up cept her wtf TN???

FatalxInnocence

Okay, I'll give you that.

Sidestep-able. Hard to do, but it's possible. Not to mention it's a mid-air telegraphed throw (she should be rewarded for landing it). All you really have to do is duck or low hold.

There's the P option to deal with that but it does crap damage when it's not used in juggle and only resets the situation, at max guaranteeing a down punch. Because FTs are gone, she can't pressure with this. Heck, her Double Jump isn't even her main form of mixups unlike Christie with JAK and Helena with Bokuho. As of now, there's no use for it other than in stun or for juggling purposes (and it's all 50/50s). Like every other jumping move, getting knocked out of it is Hi-CH.

Kasumi, Helena, Ein, Kokoro, Hitomi, Ayane, Hayate, Akira, Jacky and Brad Wong do more damage on their Hi-C throws. It's the same damage as Zack and Eliot's throws.

I agree with that. But she should have something that scares her opponents. Either more mix ups from Double Jump or make it an evasive stance. I don't know. Aikido without defense doesn't make any sense.

And I'm gonna leave this here.

The video is basically a way to avoid it on a block string, this wont help you if the opponent goes into it after you've been stunned... you shouldn't be throwing tenku out on block anyway, unless the person you're versing isn't sure how to deal with it. Then it's definitely spamable lol.

She's fine. She doesn't need a buff or a nerf.

Saber

The video is basically a way to avoid it on a block string, this wont help you if the opponent goes into it after you've been stunned... you shouldn't be throwing tenku out on block anyway, unless the person you're versing isn't sure how to deal with it. Then it's definitely spamable lol.

She's fine. She doesn't need a buff or a nerf.
But if you're stunned, all you have to do to avoid Tenku K and the throw is to low hold. The only option Momiji would then have is to use Tenku P which does ass damage (and since they're in stun it does half the damage, which is even worse).

Either make Tenku K a mid kick or leave it as is and give Momiji a mid K option.

FatalxInnocence

But if you're stunned, all you have to do to avoid Tenku K and the throw is to low hold. The only option Momiji would then have is to use Tenku P which does ass damage (and since they're in stun it does half the damage, which is even worse).

Either make Tenku K a mid kick or leave it as is and give Momiji a mid K option.

As SilverForte stated, ninja cw's short Momiji tutorial shows you how to deal with people who low counter to avoid the throw/high kick.

vINv

Ryu doesn't have a good low mixup either, must run in the clan.
ryu has a string with a low in it thats starts from a high and can also lead to a transition momji doesnt even have that i have found away to play ther char that is effective but she is not very effective on offense as all of u might think videos dont help when pkaying at a high lvl therer to help out the new ppl nothing wrong with that but i say again after frame /hitbox study she is barely tournament viable and u ppl know it geh why does no one want to b challgned .......guess i will have to make bigger combos like snipe does :)

vINv

Yeah that low Ryu has into stance, he's at disadvantage after that. It's pretty much useless. Momiji has a few actual good lows, unlike Ryu.
ryu has 1p,k and and a 1pp also most strings that r negative on regular hit r meant 4 the stun game.... i have a few freinds that ply ryu they all say he has more then enough and a crouching izuna throw :(

Chris Harris

Her jumping kicks is to be used in stun only really. On block it's awful and nets like little to no damage and has holes around it in every scenario.

On hit though 9k stuff is great because you can't hold right away so it's a deep mix up. If you don't press anything you still have the advantage.

The reason she doesn't have any lows (pure speculation) is because her stun > launch game is so good to the point if she had a great mix up she would be insanely good. She can get pretty much 100 points with stun > launch with environment and she has some wake up options to blow you up for blocking. Give her a mix up and they will likely be taking that from her within a week in a hot fix.

SilverForte

ryu has 1p,k and and a 1pp also most strings that r negative on regular hit r meant 4 the stun game.... i have a few freinds that ply ryu they all say he has more then enough and a crouching izuna throw :(

Ryu does not have a 1pp. Unlike momiji, he has no mixup from his 1p, its just 1pk and that's it. Momiji has that plus a really good 2p, and a 2 h+k that crushes mids. Momiji has the better lows.

vINv

Ryu does not have a 1pp. Unlike momiji, he has no mixup from his 1p, its just 1pk and that's it. Momiji has that plus a really good 2p, and a 2 h+k that crushes mids. Momiji has the better lows.
her 2 h+k does not crush mids it merely has a big hit box but i mean its w-e i like the rest of the momiji players will find a way to make it work i will b the first n my state to win state wide locals and then move to national majors momiji takes skill and doesnt have alot of the cruches alot of other doa chars have its y i like her

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD