does momji need a better low string

• yes

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • no

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vINv

just a pp low or a 6p low she really doesnt have ne goood scary offesive moves against ppl who wait and punish (good fundementals) i think just one decent low string would vastly improve her opinions?

Brute

Standard Donor
She has a mid crushing low sweep that can be done from strings or standalone. Guess what Ryu has? 2H+K and 1P2K (which has no mixup and doesn't crush mids). THAT'S IT

Momiji has a blitzkrieg of offensive mix-ups, most of which are safe on block. Seriously dude, dafuq are you talking about?

vINv

She has a mid crushing low sweep that can be done from strings or standalone. Guess what Ryu has? 2H+K and 1P2K (which has no mixup and doesn't crush mids). THAT'S IT

Momiji has a blitzkrieg of offensive mix-ups, most of which are safe on block. Seriously dude, dafuq are you talking about?
what input are u talting about explain

Saber

Her 2H+K is only available as is, or with 1PK. Or BT 2K. It's not even considered 'mid-string'.

And Momiji doesn't have that many mix-ups. She may have some, most from her DJ, but they're just 50/50s. Her mix up game isn't scary because you either hold high or mid kick when she's in DJ, or mid P or K when she's in regular stance.

Yeah, Momiji is safe. But a lot of those moves are moves that we don't actually use. Momiji players know better than to even use her P string because of how every variation of each move (all punches) is the same hit level as PPPP (which is high high mid mid).

Although, Momiji players should know better than to even attempt to use strings when playing her because:
(a) She's very much single-hit based
(b) Her strings are ass
(c) Her crushes are amazing.
(d) She lives on stun-launch gameplay.

She's fine as is, but she needs one thing, and that's for her DJ Throw to be an OH to frame trap her opponents if they block Uzukaze K.

Mila

Her 2H+K is only available as is, or with 1PK. Or BT 2K. It's not even considered 'mid-string'.

And Momiji doesn't have that many mix-ups. She may have some, most from her DJ, but they're just 50/50s. Her mix up game isn't scary because you either hold high or mid kick when she's in DJ, or mid P or K when she's in regular stance.

Yeah, Momiji is safe. But a lot of those moves are moves that we don't actually use. Momiji players know better than to even use her P string because of how every variation of each move (all punches) is the same hit level as PPPP (which is high high mid mid).

Although, Momiji players should know better than to even attempt to use strings when playing her because:
(a) She's very much single-hit based
(b) Her strings are ass
(c) Her crushes are amazing.
(d) She lives on stun-launch gameplay.

She's fine as is, but she needs one thing, and that's for her DJ Throw to be an OH to frame trap her opponents if they block Uzukaze K.

She's not nearly as well off as many other characters though, and this creates a lot of issues.

vINv

she isnt i mean thiers nothing to fear when shes pressuring making her a defensive char in my opinion she needs a solid pp low thats all she needs so ppl just cant hold back all day against her

vINv

she needs something to scare ppl she has nothing scary offensively its ezy to say a char doesnt need anything when u dont use them at a competitive lvl

Saber

Momiji's neither offensive nor defensive, and she's neither scary nor easy to beat.

I find her well balanced, but she lacks 'something'. So far, she's not really that unique besides having good crushes and an excellent stun-launch game. She has nowhere near the amount of mixups as regular DOA characters.

Dear God no...That throw does not need to be an OH.
Fine, her Tenku throw doesn't need to be an OH since it already traps them, but I agree with vINv that she definitely needs a low mix up from PP and 6P. And a tracking move from Tenku.

synce

Yeah she's kind of shit. I don't mind her low game though, she has 2H+K. I think her flying grab should be an OH and she needs parries or advanced counters. And maybe make her jump less wacky. Right now Momiji feels kind of glitchy and incomplete.

Saber

Momiji's martial art is a supposed combination between Aiki-jūjutsu and Ninjutsu. Aoi has a fuckton of parries and reversals in VF and uses Aiki-jūjutsu as her main fighting style.

Momiji is good, but incomplete.

Omegan Eckhart

Her P string is fine. She doesn't have the ability to go low from it but she does have ability to go into Uzukaze and mid kick which guard crushes and forces the opponent to guess between her +7 high kick/throw and her mid punch knock down. She is pretty unique in that regard. Not all characters have to be the same, she has some very good strengths and some weaknesses to go along with it.

Her Tenku throw doesn't need to be an OH as long as she has ways to force the opponent to guess and not just SS all her options which she has so there is no reason to complain. You shouldn't be going into Uzukaze/Tenku out in the open randomly anyway so if you get hit out of it you deserve it for playing stupidly. Besides, her having an OH that covers over half the screen would be total bullshit. Don't forget she gets 111 points of damage with her Tenku throw on HC too.

A few buff's wouldn't push her over the edge but from what we can tell so far she is a well balanced character. She has fast good ranged pokes, tons of safe moves, lots of tracking moves including an i14 stand alone mid (4P) that is safe on block, a tracking low that stuns on NH, ways to get into her Uzukaze/Tenku stance with frame advantage to take advantage of her mix up options and decent counters/grabs.

She has all the tools she needs at her disposal, and plenty of ways to keep the opponent honest. You just can't rely on in string lows that much with her. It doesn't mean she can't apply pressure it just means you gotta apply that pressure another way.

Last edited:

synce

Not sure how many of you actually use her outside of training mode but she's really not that good. You take big risks with her every time you jump whether or not the opponent is stunned, and the reward you get for guessing right isn't worth it IMO.

Also her sit downs are laughable, her i12 throw is pathetic for someone who's supposed to be Hayabusa's disciple, and aikido without parries just doesn't make sense.

Once the character unfamiliarity wears off I think more people will realize she's mid-low tier at best.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD