More pseudo force techs with nyo, yay!

Camel with 2 thumbs

This time we’ll be focusing on force teching off of 1pp, 4h+k, and 4k

1pp into pseudo force tech

So once your opponent is airborne, ground bounce them with 1pp (don’t finish the string, free cancel after the second hit if you must) and from here you actually have a lot of options when it comes to maintaining pressure, so here are some of them.

2h+k force tech

Remember in my last post where I said the 2pp gave your opponent 2 chances to tech roll since only the last hit of that string would force your opponent to rise. Well 2h+k is exactly the same way so how you go about using this string is going to depend on when your opponent decides to tech and what they do afterwards, and even worse this string gives them 3 chances to tech roll, so it’s a little trickier to work with, but as long as you pay attention to your opponents tendencies, you be golden.

Anyway, while your opponent is in the ground bounce produced from 1pp, IMMDIATLEY go into 2h+k (don’t wait for them to hit the ground and don’t hesitate, doing either will cause the attack to whiff) and what you do afterwards is going to depend on what your opponent does. If your opponent tech rolls the first chance they get, do only 2h+k and stop there. You’ll be minus, roughly -3 to -5 depending on which way they roll, but they’ll be a chunky amount of space between you and your opponent so you won’t be punished for your whiffed attack.

If your opponent tech rolls the first chance they get AND they hit a button as soon as they’re up, do the 2h+k 5k string but delay the 2nd kick (make sure you’re not holding down when you input the 2nd kick, and if you don't delay the 5k, it will not connect). The 2h+k will whiff, but the delayed 5k will catch any button they press that’s not a mid kick hold, mid parry, or block. You can’t back dash it, you can’t mid crush it, you can’t side step it, you can’t duck it, you can’t jab it, it has to be respected or anticipated to defend against it. The only thing you’ll need to keep in mind is that if your opponent has a move that moves them backwards quickly and they decide to use it (like kasumi or momijis’ backflip) the 5k will register as a NH instead of a CH, which is still pretty decent. HOWEVER, do not use this against alpha 152, it will not work, since her tech roll puts a lot space between her and the opponent, the 5k will whiff every time.

For everything else, like say they tech roll the 2nd or 3rd chance they get, here’s the rule of thumb, if they tech roll, don’t continue the string. A great way to practice reacting to tech roll is to go to training mode -> training settings -> com options and the set the recovery of the opponent to random. After that set the Com Reaction to a mid strike, preferably a fast one. This way you can react to the computer tech rolling at different times and the mid strike reaction will punish you for just mashing it out. One thing I like to do when practicing this is to pay attention to my peripheral vision and see if the TECH ROLL text pops up to the side (it’ll be on your opponents side of the screen) and react to that. If I see it, I stop the string, if I don’t, I continue.

4h+k force tech and 4h+k/4k into pseudo force tech

Now this is another option for force teching after hitting a launched opponent with 1pp. Again like the 2h+k, IMMEDATLY press 4h+k (make sure you don’t charge it or it’ll miss, so just tap it once). If they DON’T tech roll, you get them to rise and you have advantage yay. If they do tech roll, you’ve be at a slight disadvantage, -3 to -5, but you won’t be punished for your whiff. HOWEVER, unlike the 2h+k whiff, you’ll be closer to your opponent if you whiff the 4h+k, which is why I prefer the 2h+k force tech. That said, the 4h+k force tech does have some shenanigans you can fool around with if once you’ve conditioned your opponent to tech roll. If you opponent likes to block or hit a button once they’re tech rolled, you can hold the 4h+k and let it rip once they’ve stood up, if they block it they’ll be guard broken and you be plus depending on how long you charge the 4h+k (+3 for no charge/medium charge, +8 on full charge). If they hit a button, they get CH launched to a pretty decent height and you have a variety of options at that point, you can juggle, you can air throw, but best of all you can actually put them into another pseudo force situation because 1pp will connect at that height, thus continuing your pressure.

Of course once you’re opponent catches on to your shenanigans, they’ll start using wake kicks again to blow up the charged 4h+k. But when that starts happening, you get to blow up their wake kicks with your non changed 4h+k force and the cycle continues!

Just a quick note, CH 4h+k and CH 4k both launch the opponent in the same style (ground bounce) and the same height, so anything you can do after CH 4h+k you can do the same with CH 4k. being that both of these are pretty slow setting them up for CH can be pretty tricky, everything mentioned above can set up a CH 4h+k, but other than that your best bet to land these would be after a NH/CH 6p+k or maybe even a 6p+g.

Hiten-no-mai 2k force tech

Ah, the Hiten-no-mai 2k returns, but this time instead of using it to put your opponent into a pseudo force tech situation, you can actually use it to force tech! After landing 1pp on your airborne opponent, transition into the hiten-no-mai stance (which you do by pressing p+k at the tail end of the punch animation) once you’re in the stance, delay for a tiny bit then press 2k and when you land and follow up with a 2p IMMDIATLEY to force your opponent back up. If you don’t delay the 2k there’s a chance the 2p will whiff (the delay window for Hiten-no-mai 2k is really small, so don't delay too long), and if you don’t hit 2p the second you hit the ground it’ll whiff and you be eating a face full of wake up. So the timing for this pseudo force tech setup is a bit weird, but it’s worth it in the end.

Well, that’s all I have for today folks, hopefully between this post and the last one you’ll be able make use of this info and keep the pressure up with this character. If I find anything else i’ll let you know, until then, enjoy the tech :)

UPDATE

I forgot to mention this on the Hiten-no-mai 2k force tech, if your opponent does tech roll before the 2k hits, you'll actually be +0, and if they tech roll before the 2p hits, you can finish the 2pp string if your opponent isn't blocking low once they tech roll and put yourself at advantage again.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
This time we’ll be focusing on force teching off of 1pp, 4h+k, and 4k

1pp into pseudo force tech

So once your opponent is airborne, ground bounce them with 1pp (don’t finish the string, free cancel after the second hit if you must) and from here you actually have a lot of options when it comes to maintaining pressure, so here are some of them.

2h+k force tech

Remember in my last post where I said the 2pp gave your opponent 2 chances to tech roll since only the last hit of that string would force your opponent to rise. Well 2h+k is exactly the same way so how you go about using this string is going to depend on when your opponent decides to tech and what they do afterwards, and even worse this string gives them 3 chances to tech roll, so it’s a little trickier to work with, but as long as you pay attention to your opponents tendencies, you be golden.

Anyway, while your opponent is in the ground bounce produced from 1pp, IMMDIATLEY go into 2h+k (don’t wait for them to hit the ground and don’t hesitate, doing either will cause the attack to whiff) and what you do afterwards is going to depend on what your opponent does. If your opponent tech rolls the first chance they get, do only 2h+k and stop there. You’ll be minus, roughly -3 to -5 depending on which way they roll, but they’ll be a chunky amount of space between you and your opponent so you won’t be punished for your whiffed attack.

If your opponent tech rolls the first chance they get AND they hit a button as soon as they’re up, do the 2h+k 5k string but delay the 2nd kick (make sure you’re not holding down when you input the 2nd kick). The 2h+k will whiff, but the delayed 5k will catch any button they press that’s not a mid kick hold, mid parry, or block. You can’t back dash it, you can’t mid crush it, you can’t side step it, you can’t duck it, you can’t jab it, it has to be respected or anticipated. The only thing you’ll need to keep in mind is that if your opponent has a move that moves them backwards quickly and they decide to use it (like kasumi or momijis’ backflip) the 5k will register as a NH instead of a CH, which is still pretty decent. HOWEVER, do not use this against alpha 152, it will not work, since her tech roll puts a lot space between her and the opponent, the 5k will whiff every time.

For everything else, like say they tech roll the 2nd or 3rd chance they get, here’s the rule of thumb, if they tech roll, don’t continue the string. A great way to practice reacting to tech roll is to go to training mode -> training settings -> com options and the set the recovery of the opponent to random. After that set the Com Reaction to a mid strike, preferably a fast one. This way you can react to the computer tech rolling at different times and the mid strike reaction will punish for just mashing it out. One thing I like to do when practicing this is to pay attention to my peripheral vision and see if the TECH ROLL text pops up to the side (it’ll be on your opponents side of the screen) and react to that. If I see it, I stop the string, if I don’t, I continue.

4h+k force tech and 4h+k/4k into pseudo force tech

Now this is another option for force teching after hitting a launched opponent with 1pp, again like the 2h+k, IMMEDATLY press 4h+k (make sure you don’t charge it or it’ll miss, so just tap it once). If they DON’T tech roll, you get them to rise and you have advantage yay. If they do tech roll, you’ve be a slight disadvantage, -3 to -5, but you won’t be punished for your whiff. HOWEVER, unlike the 2h+k whiff, you’ll be closer to your opponent if you whiff the 4h+k, which is why I prefer the 2h+k force tech. That said, the 4h+k force tech does have some shenanigans you can fool around with if once you’ve conditioned your opponent to tech roll. If you opponent likes to block or hit a button once they’re tech rolled, you can hold the 4h+k and let it rip once they’ve stood up, if they block it they’ll be guard broken and you be plus depending on how long you charge the 4h+k (+3 for no charge/medium charge, +8 on full charge). If they hit a button, they get CH launched to a pretty decent height and you have a variety of options at that point, you can juggle, you can air throw, but best of all you can actually put them into another pseudo force situation because 1pp will connect at that height, thus continuing your pressure.

Of course once you’re opponent catches on to your shenanigans, they’ll start using wake kicks again to blow up the charged 4h+k. But when that starts happening, you get to blow up their wake kicks with your non changed 4h+k force and the cycle continues!

Just a quick note, CH 4h+k and CH 4k both launch the opponent in the same style (ground bounce) and the same height, so anything you can do after CH 4h+k you can do the same with CH 4k. being that both of these are pretty slow setting them up for CH can be pretty tricky, everything mentioned above can set up a CH 4h+k, but other than that your best bet to land these would be after a NH/CH 6p+k or maybe even a 6p+g.

Hiten-no-mai 2k force tech

Ah, the Hiten-no-mai 2k returns, but this time instead of using it to put your opponent into a pseudo force tech situation, you can actually use it to force tech! After landing 1pp on your airborne opponent, transition into the hiten-no-mai stance (which you do by pressing p+k at the tail end of the punch animation) once you’re in the stance, delay for a tiny bit then press 2k and when you land and follow up with a 2p IMMDIATLEY to force your opponent back up. If you don’t delay the 2k there’s a chance the 2p will whiff, the delay window for Hiten-no-mai 2k is really small, and if you don’t hit 2p the second you hit the ground it’ll whiff and you be eating a face full of wake up. So the timing for this pseudo force tech setup is a bit weird, but it’s worth it in the end

Well, that’s all I have for today folks, hopefully between this post and the last one you’ll be able make use of this info and keep the pressure up with this character. If I find anything else i’ll let you know, until then, enjoy the tech J
great stuff!

Lulu

Yeah thats great but..... didn't you already create a thread for this type of thing ?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD