Mortal Kombat thread.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
11063616_406874762822952_7272965315455378190_n.jpg

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I'm curious about her skull model, i haven't seen an X-Ray of her, if there is one link me please
latest

it's literally a copy/paste of barakas.
In MKX she has Central Incisors to chomp through flesh more efficiently.
tumblr_nllb4l11EH1tazhx4o1_500.gif

And her sclera aren't completely red This is good cause she looks more like an Edenian Hybrid rather than a Baraka genderbend.

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

I'm curious about her skull model, i haven't seen an X-Ray of her, if there is one link me please
latest

Her old one is identical to barakas.

And her sclera aren't completely red This is good cause she looks more like an Edenian Hybrid rather than a Baraka genderbend.

Looking at her MK9 model to her MKX model, they actually did the smart thing and sized her front teeth down as well so it seems more realistic for her to even HAVE lips that wouldn't toss her dead into Uncanny Valley(though it's obvious she has 2 huge ass buckteeth now).

Argentus

latest

it's literally a copy/paste of barakas.

I get the logic, because she has an actual role in the story now and so shell be talking now and it would be hard without a "proper" mouth, but I think they did it wrong.

Rather than sticking regular sized lips in the middle of her baraka teeth, they should have giving her lips all around the actual bar aka mouth, instead of the teeth coming straight out if the cheeks.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I get the logic, because she has an actual role in the story now and so shell be talking now and it would be hard without a "proper" mouth, but I think they did it wrong.

Rather than sticking regular sized lips in the middle of her baraka teeth, they should have giving her lips all around the actual bar aka mouth, instead of the teeth coming straight out if the cheeks.
Oh god no that would result in her having a huge mouth. I'm pleased with the new design NRS came up with, she looks like she was born with a full Kitana face and had no choice but to mutilate her mouth in order to use her Tarkatan teeth, which is even more disturbing when you think about it.

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

Oh god no that would result in her having a huge mouth. I'm pleased with the new design NRS came up with, she looks like she was born with a full Mileena face and had no choice but to mutilate her mouth in order to use her Tarkatan teeth, which is even more disturbing when you think about it.

Don't you mean Kitana?

It's Mileena.

Still ridiculous considering she's supposed to emulate Kitana past a botch with Baraka's races DNA in her system. I'd rather take what we got now since they are going the "realism" angle than what we had before(and it actually makes her...more pleasant).

Argentus

Oh god no that would result in her having a huge mouth. I'm pleased with the new design NRS came up with, she looks like she was born with a full Kitana face and had no choice but to mutilate her mouth in order to use her Tarkatan teeth, which is even more disturbing when you think about it.

.....she does have a huge mouth.

Don't you mean Kitana?

Still ridiculous considering she's supposed to emulate Kitana past a botch with Baraka's races DNA in her system. I'd rather take what we got now since they are going the "realism" angle than what we had before(and it actually makes her...more pleasant).

I actually think she looked better before.

The entire structure of the mkx look just doesn't make any sense. Especially considering this is still the mk9 mileena. So it looks more like she had regular lips implanted over her front teeth. Which makes a kind if sense. After getting over her toddler mindset she is trying to be taken more seriously.

But the way they implemented it just looks goofy as hell.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Man, the character design/art style of Mortal Kombat sure is ugly. You can have super detailed polygon models, fancy textures, shaders and all that stuff, but that game will still look fugly with those mugs.

Argentus

I meant something like this lol
Funny_smiles005.jpg

I was thinking more like
Attack-on-Titan-01.jpg

But instead they tried to do somethinf more like

screen-shot-2013-05-05-at-8-29-25-pm.png

But it didn't really work

To be fair, Mileena always had creepy looking teeth.
I actually really like the misshapen warped new design for her teeth and it could have looked awesome as hell if they hadn't done the partial lips. Rather then bqrqke needle fangs like mk9 seeing a warped and twisted maw like mix minus the lips would have been awesome.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD