Moves that are different online

Sonicfan11589

Hope it's ok I make this post.

I'm not sure about any of the other characters, but when I play as Sarah offline, I'm able to juggle an opponent in the air longer doing the same move over and over (down+forward+punch, then kick, and repeat, the one where she basically does a spin punch followed by a kick going into flamingo stance). Then online, I can't juggle the opponent for nowhere near as long (I'm glad this is so because it would be unfair online) Not sure why it seems different between offline and online.

Any thoughts?

Any other characters that are like this?

Giannola

I'm not sure about any of the other characters, but when I play as Sarah offline, I'm able to juggle an opponent in the air longer doing the same move over and over (down+forward+punch, then kick, and repeat, the one where she basically does a spin punch followed by a kick going into flamingo stance). Then online, I can't juggle the opponent for nowhere near as long (I'm glad this is so because it would be unfair online) Not sure why it seems different between offline and online.

Any thoughts?

Theres no intentional designed difference between move properties online and offline, technically anyway.
Any difference may be a result of input lag, that's all. And yes every char has to deal w it I'm pretty sure.

Edit: as long as sharing lag horror stories I think I got a decent one: I once did Mila's 5kp 2p 66t p+k which is UNHOLDABLE! If they tech, had a Marie player tech and 2p+k p+k me. My jaw dropped, first of all it's UNHOLDABLE if you hit any button besides g you're supposed to get ch, second machine gun punches are supposed to retrack anyway. I'm still shaking my head weeks/months later. Won the match but still, felt like a loss.

Last edited:

The Spine

Any thoughts?

This is simply because of the input latency and the online environment. This isn't really a good thing because it keeps people from experiencing the game as it was meant to be. Online DoA is, simply put, a different game entirely.

WAZAAAAA

I'll pretend this thread is sarcastic and a place to share sad online stories.

Last time I played online with Hayabusa I did a fully charged 1P+K guardbreak followed by 6P which is supposed to be guaranteed. The opponent HELD my 6P and I lost. My sodium levels were phantasmagorical.

Sonicfan11589

This is simply because of the input latency and the online environment. This isn't really a good thing because it keeps people from experiencing the game as it was meant to be. Online DoA is, simply put, a different game entirely.
Really?! I'm referring to when the connection online is pretty good.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah, that's all it is. It also makes it harder to go for certain options and set ups. For example, on lightweights after a CB, Naotora should be able to pull off 8K>6K4K>6K4KK, but online latency and lag is so bad that you can't always get it like you should, and you'd have to just use the weaker 8K>6K4K>6PK4K instead. The best thing to do is just have an alternative for when something goes unintended due to the lag and latency.

The Spine

Yeah, that's all it is. It also makes it harder to go for certain options and set ups. For example, on lightweights after a CB, Naotora should be able to pull off 8K>6K4K>6K4KK, but online latency and lag is so bad that you can't always get it like you should, and you'd have to just use the weaker 8K>6K4K>6PK4K instead. The best thing to do is just have an alternative for when something goes unintended due to the lag and latency.
Why would you opt for 6K4KK unless there's a danger zone? K6KK does quite a bit more damage.

Dokusen_

I'll pretend this thread is sarcastic and a place to share sad online stories.

Last time I played online with Hayabusa I did a fully charged 1P+K guardbreak followed by 6P which is supposed to be guaranteed. The opponent HELD my 6P and I lost. My sodium levels were phantasmagorical.
Looks like you need to get good, kiddo; you play the game but instead the game is playing you kek

John P.

Omg the truth in this reply. I'm dying XD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Omg the truth in this reply. I'm dying XD
Ikr? It's screwed up XD It's like online forces you to cut corners you normally wouldn't have to just to make sure you don't a combo, especially prevalent on laggier connections.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD