Moveset mods

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'll re-title any of these threads for you guys for the asking.

This thread will be home to all moveset mods for the game. Post away and remember to use external links for images. Thumbnails or smaller images are fine.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I've been trying to get the moveset bin files to update with the repacker tool, sadly even if i extract and re-inject the extracted file it gives me endless loading on the character....

Brute

Standard Donor
Wait, so can you actually edit moves/movesets themselves (inputs/frame data) or just swap characters with each others' moves?

Amaso

Actually someone is working on that , so far you can edit the Camera for every frame .
Other than that , it's not possible .

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
According to @immi he can get the bins replaced properly. The move data is technically able to be modified if we can figure out the hex values. Same way we've modified the console versions before.

ned

I'm very hyped by the possibility of swapping movesets in the future.

Just imagine a combination of these features :
-model edit (mods)
-voice edits
-move edit replacing

You can basically create you own custom character. (I hope it will be possible in the future) ^^

LolaGMODS

Standard Donor
Since I am doing a lot of different thing I didn't continued to make more test on moveset swap so this is time for people to continu to discovers more themself and come add more discovery here if they want !

INSTRUCTION :

WHAT FILES IS IT ?

• Animation are files named .mpm
  • Camera that follow characters during grab & selections poses are named .cam

WHERE DO I FIND THESE FILES :

• Private Paradise scenes are files encrypted inside DLC 358142 -> 358142g.bin
  • Story Mode animations are files named mot.mpm inside Chara_rtm.bin
  • Idle poses (when characters is waiting without move in fight) are files encrypted inside Common.bin
  • Selection Pose are files named select.mpm inside Character_common.bin
  • Moveset are files named ingame.mpm inside Character_common.bin & Chara_initial.bin

HOW IT WORKS ?

1. Private Paradise swap :
  • These files are encrypted (random name & no extension)
  • It mean you need to make some random swap until find what you are looking for
  • -> Swap with the same sized files.
  • Problem : If you succeed to swap two files the character is invisible but the camera is well swapped.
  • I have no solution for resolve that for the moment.
  1. Story Mode swap :
  • Files aren't encrypted but you'll need time for find what files are for what scenes.
  • When you'll find it, for an unknow reason, the character is invisible.
  • I have no solution for resolve that for the moment.
  1. Idle Pose swap :
  • Files are encrypted it mean you'll need to make random swap until you find what you are looking for.
  • This is the more tedious swap to do ! There are a lot of files and you have no hint for know what character is it and for what scenes (win / lose / which one, victory 1 ? 2 ? 3 ?... And you can't stop animation quickly as Private Paradise by pressing "B")
  • It was my last test before stop, I discovered the Tina idle pose randomly it took me many hours for find it but don't ask me the name file I don't remember..
  1. Selection Pose swap :
  • Easly swap since the character are named on the select.mpm files.
  • BUT it look like swapping selection pose also swap skeleton so you can have deformed body & face.
  • VERY IMPORTANT - You need to swap the select.cam too if you want a perfect selection swap or the camera won't follow correctly the character.
  • You can mix select.mpm & select.cam
  1. Moveset Swap :
  • Files are easy to swap because of character named on ingame.mpm
  • Swapping moveset include Idle - Taunt - Hits - Power Blow.
  • Swapping moveset don't include Animation when entering & Victory - Lose poses after fight.
  • Many bugs are here - please check first page for more.
  • I tried some Hex Editing for a better quality swap but without result.

PROBLEMS KNOW :

• Encrypted files for some animations
  • Skeleton problem for Selection Poses
  • Various bugs for Moveset Swap
  • Invisible Characters for Private Paradise & Story Mode
  • Some .mpm & .cam are undiscovered

MORE :

• You are free to help this thread by unencrypt files.
  • If you make some test and discovers what files are for what characters / scenes, your help will be much appreciated. It's a huge work alone.
  • Let us know if you find why a character go invisible in P.P or Story Mode.

WARNING :

• BE SURE TO MAKE A COPY OF YOUR GAME BEFORE START !
  • ALL MY TEST WAS DONE ON VERSION 1.04

Good luck.

----

I don't know if I can share files here but for lazy people I shared the extracted .mpm & .cam + Private Paradise & Story Mode in Loverslab.

LolaGMODS

Standard Donor
MOVESET SWAP INFORMATIONS :

Here is some informations that I have for now after many test :

+ Not all characters can be swapped, some crash my game and others are just not found.

+ The animations for Fight Moves are half broke, the character can stay frozen for few second and the characters can give invisible hits.

+ Some Grab animations are frozen resulting to a non-animations or mixed both opponent during the grab but some others work perfectly and some others are mixed with the original character giving an unique grab (check the video at the end with Hayabusa).

+ The Taunts don't work for everyone and some taunt are not placed at the same command on controller.

+ Some characters stay with open mouth except if she/he are talking.

+ The camera can be unstable during a Grab.

+ The Power Blow animations are not fixed resulting to a frozen character during animations OR giving the Power Blow animation to the opponent sometime.

+ If you want to give Kokoro animations (as example) on 2 differents characters only one will receive it or no one.

-------------

Here is all characters that can receive swapped animations or give animations for now (need more test) :

+ Sarah (receive)

+ Leifang (give & receive)

+ Hitomi (give & receive)

+ Tina (give)

+ Hayabusa (receive)

+ JannLee (give)

+ Rachel (give)

+ Ayane (receive)

+ Alpha-152 (give)

+ Kokoro (give)

+ Momiji (give)

Characters found but can't give or receive animations without crash or didn't tested yet :

+ Mila (crash)

+ Pai (crash)

+ Akira (crash)

+ Bass (not tested)

+ Leon (not tested)

LolaGMODS

Standard Donor
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CHARACTER SELECTION POSE (WIP - Not Complete) :

Here is a list of all characters that can receive / can't receive / half receive

-> Receive = Can receive or give animation swap including following camera

-> Can't receive = Can't receive or give animation & following camera

-> Half receive = Can receive or give animation but not following camera

-------

Kasumi : Receive

Ayane : Receive

Tina : Receive

Pai : Receive

Leifang : Receive

Sarah : Receive

Rachel : Half Receive

Kokoro : Receive

Phase 4 : Half Receive

Mila : Receive

Christie : Receive

Helena : Receive

Nyotengu : Can't Receive

Marie Rose : Half Receive

Honoka : Can't Receive

Lisa : Receive

Momiji : Half Receive

Hitomi : Receive

Alpha-152 : Half Receive

-------

* This place will be used for male test *

-------

For swap a perfect animation selection pose you must swap the animation file + camera file or the camera won't follow correctly the character during the animation, you can also mix animation & different camera depending of the character it can make like a new animation pose.

All character can't receive any animation from an other character, the animation follow the skeleton & face of the base character, as example if you swap Rachel on Marie Rose it will be a monster because of skeleton mixed between Marie & Rachel.

For be clear, you can swap an animation but it include a mixed skeleton not only animation alone.

This is not applied to camera.

-------

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Did I just see Hayabusa do Jann Lee's SSP and causing a sitdown stun? trolol.

But following this thread in hopes of ways to change frame data and seeing improvements to the move swaps.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD