System multi-tiered stages

klimaxoxox

Do u think this is the way forward? Knocking down your opponent into a different floor of the stage, or do u prefer if there was only one stage and the characters dissapear and reappear into a whole other stage? If it's done this way, it would mean they concentrate on only one layer of stage which gives them more time to work on other stages, rather than working on multi-tier stages of a particular stage or do u rather there be a stage for every character with their own theme to it,

Brute

Standard Donor
I like breaking with Leon, but I hate them with Ryu.

So no, not really.

Rawbietussin

A personal stage (regardless if it had tiers or not) + theme for every character would be nice. It's somewhat nostalgic.

That was how the game started in DOA1 even though stages back then didn't have walls until DOA2.

klimaxoxox

A personal stage (regardless if it had tiers or not) + theme for every character would be nice. It's somewhat nostalgic.

That was how the game started in DOA1 even though stages back then didn't have walls until DOA2.

Are u saying u want a personal stage as well as a themed stage for every character? That makes 2 stages per character.

klimaxoxox

A personalised stage doesn't work from a story mode point of view. As it's about where they're from, not where they're at.

Rawbietussin

If we base by the story, it doesn't work but then again, we have a lot of stages that aren't even featured in the story like Sky City Tokyo, Lost World, Forest, Aircraft Carrier, Zack Island and Lorelei.

I was thinking how the stages used to be in DOA1 and that everyone has their own personal stage. I prefer seeing those instead of what was only used in the story.

Rawbietussin

A lot of multi-tiered stages have been incorporated all throughout the story and has been existing ever since DOA2.

An example is the Great Opera from DOA2/2U. It's a 3-floor stage used on Helena's story mode where she faced Ayane (whom she initially accused of her mother's killer). This is where Helena's opera performance took place as well as the assassination of her mother by Christie.

Jaguar360

I would definitely love more multi-tiered stages. That was one of the main aspects of DOA3 and DOA2U that dragged me in. My fondest memories come from knocking people out of the DOATEC HK building or going from the temple to the rooftop of Azuchi in DOA3. DOA5 was going in the right direction with Scramble and Flow IMO, but most of the other stages in Vanilla DOA5 weren't as exciting. I was happy to see Lost World and Lorelei in DOA5U because they have the exciting cliffs that multi-tier stages have. Most of the stages that people are requesting are multi-tier too like Aerial Gardens, Demon's Church, Seaside Market, Freedom Survivor and Dragon Hills. I really hope that DOA6 gets more of these types of stages and lets the new Cliffhanger feature get more exposure.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD