DOA5LR My worst matchups

TKD_Kicks

As a Rig main, its a rarity to ask help from other Rig players because their is not alot of them. My Achilles heel are Helena and Hayate. Helena being one of the best characters in the game, its nearly impossible for me to beat her. Her force techs, her nonstop pressure and her spacing. If I rush in, she can use her Bukuho stance to avoid alot of Rig's moves so I resort to doing 7K, 9P, and basically low attacks that have a slow startup. If anyone has tips to help my Rig beat Helena I would gladly appreciate it. With Hayate players they love to use 9K and sidestep alot which also annoys me. Any tips for Hayate?

Intelligent Alpha

Low throw punish BKO or low attacks that are faster. The issue with this, however, is depending on how well you know frame data (and I don't) from my experience when she's in BKO either you'll get A) the throw (to start juggling/mixups there) B) lows or C) mids as the hurtboxes disregarding frame data work as such:

Lows beat highs, highs beat mids, mids beat lows. Again, this varies depending on the knowledge of frame data, but that's the general idea.

One piece of advice i can offer though is to stay out of your stances unless you're fast enough to do something out of them (that hopefully works, of course). Something tells me, Brad and Christie (Honoka is obvious) may give you a bit of trouble, too since they've similar (although Christie's low game is more for evasive purposes although she can utilize it when mixing up - more so than Helena IMO)

I can't say anything about Hayate as I don't know enough about him.

KING JAIMY

As a Rig main, its a rarity to ask help from other Rig players because their is not alot of them. My Achilles heel are Helena and Hayate. Helena being one of the best characters in the game, its nearly impossible for me to beat her. Her force techs, her nonstop pressure and her spacing. If I rush in, she can use her Bukuho stance to avoid alot of Rig's moves so I resort to doing 7K, 9P, and basically low attacks that have a slow startup. If anyone has tips to help my Rig beat Helena I would gladly appreciate it. With Hayate players they love to use 9K and sidestep alot which also annoys me. Any tips for Hayate?
As a fellow Rig main, I have the same issues with Helena. The problem with Helena is that there is not much what Rig can do since she can crush him like crazy. Rig doesn't have solid lows to get her out of Bokuho as well. My advice is: Keep your distance. You don't want Helena in your face. Rig has some excellent spacing and whiff punishing tools such as 66P, 66K, 9PP and 1P.

As for Hayate, try to predict his command sidestep and abuse Bending Stance 3K, which is an excellent tracking move and gives a crumple stun. With Bending Stance 3K, you have a lot of mixups as well. If you're playing against an agressive Hayate, look for opportunities to throw punish him.

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
hi :) against helena
if you see she use often the duck to whiff your low, use the overhead :
8kk
k6kk
8k in bending stance
you can delay a bit the 8kk and the k6k this can do a diifference in few situation :)

if you see an automatic force tech, stand up and guard it to after puniish him or do a low throw (more risked)
also learn all unsafe move of helena and punish all her move, your enemy / opponent will have a doubt if you punish all his unsafe move ;) and his pressing will be worst.

against hayate, see all his dangerous move and his move often use by players and throw or punish it, be patient if he do a zoning phase and do a strong pressing in cqc

my rig gameplan is simple against all character, punish all unsafe move, do a strong pressing, break the opponent mind :)

Pictured Mind

As a Helena player and someone who has a bit of knowledge on her, I can tell you her spacing really isn't that good.

Her only good spacing tools are low sweeps (bt 66k, bko 2k and sidestep k), 66k (which is also a low and the follow up punch is a low too) and 33p4. This is also one of the moves she uses to crush rig's.

Not to mention Rig has some good moves to hit her out of BKO.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD