Neat Kasumi Combo Videos

Keylay

I never knew she had moves that stunned the opponent. They almost look like they can block after her jumping punching and standing kick. Almost makes me want to play DOA1.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I never knew she had moves that stunned the opponent. They almost look like they can block after her jumping punching and standing kick. Almost makes me want to play DOA1.

As I explained in another thread, you couldn't hold out of DOA1's stun system. Jumping Punch was the most common way to put someone in such a stun as it was instant stun on hit, jumps over low attacks, and is an unholdable attack. Everything shown in the vid was guaranteed with the exception of the dangerzone bounces which the player could tech.

God I miss playing DOA1, and Ayane's music is still the best of the entire series for me, right above Zack's.

ScattereDreams

That was well put together! (DOA1 looks more competitive than 4 lol). Hard to believe pp7k is actually a natural combo. Love the lunge kick at 0:17

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Don't underestimate DOA1. Often times I keep thinking they were trying to go back to DOA1 with DOA4.

ScattereDreams

DOA5 definitely needs more of this. NC, NH launchers, and more emphasis on jumping attacks other than just crushing low wake up kicks.

Baron West

That was well put together! (DOA1 looks more competitive than 4 lol). Hard to believe pp7k is actually a natural combo. Love the lunge kick at 0:17

DOA1 is more competitive than 4, despite the massive damage. Yet sadly no one plays, and no one ever played online.

Don't underestimate DOA1. Often times I keep thinking they were trying to go back to DOA1 with DOA4.

Don't insult DOA1 by comparing it with 4. Other than Graphics, Endings, and Roster Size DOA1 has DOA4 beat.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
You're preaching to the choir, because

DOA1 is more competitive than 4, despite the massive damage. Yet sadly no one plays, and no one ever played online.

I was #2 on the leaderboards in DOA1U. :)

IMG00240.jpg

IMG00242.jpg

*Yes, technically i was #3 but that's because ArcTrooper would work with the #1 on DOA2U to glitch the leaderboards (he went up 500,000 points in one night lol).

Baron West

I tip my hat off to you sir.

9 out of 10 times I played, it would be with someone trying to set the ring size to super small. And after losing they'd quit.

I've always preferred the DOA1 music to the rest of the series. Though I dislike DOA4 I will admit it had at least a couple of tracks I enjoyed. The DOA2 remixes to DOA1 kinda lost something, but I some of the tunes were ok. DOA3 was meh. DOA5 sounds pretty meh as well but there's still hope.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Gen Fu is such a beast in DOA1. You DO NOT want to get caught by his :236::F+P:, lol.

The thing you have to keep in mind is that in DOA1 it's :2::6::H+P+K:.

Also, there are NO throw animations in the game besides offensive holds. I.e. if you're too far away from an opponent you'll do an attack, typically a jab or strong attack instead of the throw. For Gen Fu this makes it difficult to land that launcher unless point blank and with enough time to perform it.

Otherwise, yeah, mega damage and in DOA1U he can juggle you off the ring if you don't tech the dangerzone.

I guess what I'm saying is, a translation from a scrub would be, "This game is broken."

TRI Mike

I know I’m doing some thread necromancy here but I’m almost tearing up watching these. I just can’t believe I neglected doa1 so much when I was young and ignored the ultimate version completely.

I got the Saturn version and played it a bit in 2017 while I organized my wedding. I had no one to play with but I liked finishing arcade mode with Tina, Gen Fu and Jann. Such a wonderful and overlooked game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD