Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Yaiba

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other

Votes: 64 56.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Argentus

They should give Nyo a male Tengu alternate costume, problem solved!

More like problem started, the hit box would be all fucked up and you would have an old ass man licking his lips and shoving his man tits in your face while still sounding like Nyotengu

Though Tengu is out I'm up for any non-humans. we could get a humanoid fiend as our "saberwolf"

You should all be happy that Russian said it before I got my stylus out of storage and illustrated it, because I was seriously going to if I could find the damn thing.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I still have a feeling the new male is going to be Donovan. I mean, it makes perfect sense. He's the main villain of DOA, he's always behind the scenes; but, since his project was somewhat successful in DOA5, he probably picked up some data from the ninja and tournament participants. Not to mention, it would be the easiest thing for Team Ninja to do, since they already have a model in place AND he does have a system voice in place. I know that doesn't mean much, but then again, nobody expected Phase 4 to become playable.

Argentus

Back during vanilla DOA5 days, nobody thought Team Ninja would make Phase 4 playable in DOA5. Probably in DOA6, but not DOA5. But lo and behold, she becomes playable in Ultimate. Donovan might become playable in Last Round.
Back during vanilla nobody knew phase 4 was even a concept...I mean we knew it was a kasumi clone but we didn't know it would be any different enough to be its own character, so we already had that character since we already had kasumi

Kronin

Back during vanilla nobody knew phase 4 was even a concept...I mean we knew it was a kasumi clone but we didn't know it would be any different enough to be its own character, so we already had that character since we already had kasumi

Anyway I believe that appeared clear as the character would have got a main role in the next Dead or Alive game and knowing how TN previously made playable Kasumi Alpha in DoA Dimensions, it wasn't unpredictable think that the same would have been happened even with the mysterious new clone (that indeed is her spiritual successor)

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
More like problem started, the hit box would be all fucked up and you would have an old ass man licking his lips and shoving his man tits in your face while still sounding like Nyotengu
You should all be happy that Russian said it before I got my stylus out of storage and illustrated it, because I was seriously going to if I could find the damn thing.
Or they could like, y'know, give him new intro/outro poses and quotes just like they do for Lisa/La Mariposa.

Hitbox is already pretty fucked up. Wouldn't be any crazier if they used a Bankotsubo mesh. They could model swap Tengu with a helicopter and the hit/hurtboxes would still feel more natural than they do with Leifang currently.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Hazard said:
Need a joke character like Dampierre (SoulCalV) or Dan (SF).

You know dampierre was a legit character on the psp when he first appeared?

He wasnt random. All those variations could be done by choice to bait the opponent... He was actually amazing.

Then they went n fucked him up in scv... I really hate everything about that game.

Last edited:

Dacthunder

Nope, just simply put Tengu's old voice acting in, get rid of licking lips animation, and boobs rubbing in face-duh animations can be removed...problem still solved again.

I still have a feeling the new male is going to be Donovan. I mean, it makes perfect sense. He's the main villain of DOA, he's always behind the scenes; but, since his project was somewhat successful in DOA5, he probably picked up some data from the ninja and tournament participants. Not to mention, it would be the easiest thing for Team Ninja to do, since they already have a model in place AND he does have a system voice in place. I know that doesn't mean much, but then again, nobody expected Phase 4 to become playable.
I agree, I thought of this as well. I kind of think TN might introduce him in LR, then he'll have a complete original flesh out move set in DOA6. My guess is he'll have Genra's move set and some others added in/ his own. Plus they said he's someone everyone would like and is long awaited for. If they did Raidou it won't be him instead it would be someone else sort of similar (because last I saw he's dead), plus he's just a character that uses other character's moves. TN seems to want a character with moves not used, all is left is Genra and we saw a cameo at the end of Dimensions revealing Donovan- it's most likely him considering he was in the story along with Phase 4 in DOA5. I'm waiting to see if they plan to add more with the story mode.

Intelligent Alpha

Anyway I believe that appeared clear as the character would have got a main role in the next Dead or Alive game and knowing how TN previously made playable Kasumi Alpha in DoA Dimensions, it wasn't unpredictable think that the same would have been happened even with the mysterious new clone (that indeed is her spiritual successor)

This goes with the other three posts, but I'm gonna just respond to yours:

Wasn't she in an earlier game before DoaD? I kept reading that after DOA2 (3?) after she was defeated, she comes back again as Alpha-152. This is what boggles me. You mean, that Alpha should be discarded? I saw/see it like this:

Kasumi--->KA --->Alpha 152 ---> Phase 4 (who is wait ... Kasumi Alpha with a slightly longer name; yet, she didn't come back as Alpha-152?) So, it's this then (especially since the demise of clone #2 - KA ---> Phase 4)

My other question is, was KA (and Alpha was in DoaD as well) as messed up as Alpha was in 4? I ask since everyone knows how to play Phase 4 now (and it was stupid to have a "non-ready 'boss'" character). I know this doesn't necessarily equate to easy to beat, but if folks found a cheap loop to beat Alpha in 4, who's to say they won't do this if she's in 6 (provided TN handles her much better; however, we all know how Alpha was such a bitch ...)

Not sure who the next boss will be, but I hope we get a boss! (Not that Alpha wasn't one, but Phase 4 can be and should since they have a chance to do it right this time!)

David Gregg

Every time I think of Kelly I just remember April fools day when Blaze "attempted" to fool us (which was incidentally the same day TN played a prank on us with the Banko reveal. :()

Kronin

Intelligent Alpha I will try to answer you, you are making many questions and I'm not sure to have understood everything:

Wasn't she in an earlier game before DoaD? I kept reading that after DOA2 (3?) after she was defeated, she comes back again as Alpha-152. This is what boggles me. You mean, that Alpha should be discarded? I saw/see it like this:

Kasumi--->KA --->Alpha 152 ---> Phase 4 (who is wait ... Kasumi Alpha with a slightly longer name; yet, she didn't come back as Alpha-152?) So, it's this then (especially since the demise of clone #2 - KA ---> Phase 4)

Then, if you are talking of the story of the DoA series, we have actually 2 canon slighty different between them.

The first canon is the original one that follow the series from DoA1 to DoA4 where in this plot Kasumi Alpha is one of the clones created from Kasumi (apparently the better developed). Even if mentioned more times in the manual, KA appear only in a single cutscene in DoA2 where you fight her as Kasumi (the second enocunter of her story mode). After it you never see her or people talking about the clone, so it's easy to assume that she was easily killed from the original kunoichi and stop (definitely one of the worst use for a key plot of a story XD). Alpha-152 in DoA4 it's supposed to be a being that has nothing to do with Kasumi Alpha, just another clone that was mutated from DOATEC in a super being as according to their project.

DOAD anyway made a recalling of the first four games retconning parts of them (overall about the bosses' role) and now it has to be considered the new canon and the official past to the events of DoA5. In DOAD Kasumi Alpha has the same background of the original DoA2, however the character is finally characterizated and get the proper development of a key character, ending to appear behind most of the events. Finally even her fate appear changed, where her fate is to be mutated in Alpha-152 as last phase of the work on her (so the two characters in the new canon are now an unique entity).

Now about Phase 4, she is a character that has nothing to do with Kasumi Alpha or Alpha-152, she is a different clone that is part of a newest generation of clones, her powers and personality are completely different from the childish of the original Kasumi Alpha.

However, just like KA, Phase-4 share many moves with Kasumi and even ended to get the classic red and black outfit of KA. For this reason, knowing how people were asking for a return of KA in DoA5 even as a special skin, I think that the inclusion of Phase 4 wanted be a sort of answer of TN to the people wishing for it (exactly as Nyotengu for who was asking back Bankotsubo). For this reason I talk of Phase 4 as "spiritual successor" of Kasumi Alpha.

I hope to have answered to what you were asking.

My other question is, was KA (and Alpha was in DoaD as well) as messed up as Alpha was in 4? I ask since everyone knows how to play Phase 4 now (and it was stupid to have a "non-ready 'boss'" character). I know this doesn't necessarily equate to easy to beat, but if folks found a cheap loop to beat Alpha in 4, who's to say they won't do this if she's in 6 (provided TN handles her much better; however, we all know how Alpha was such a bitch ...)

I can't answer you, you have to ask this to the Kasumi players along the series or to the players of KA in DOAD.

By the way I heavily think that KA wasn't messed because in DOAD she got basically the moveset of Kasumi from DoA2U (where Kasumi instead inherited her newest one at the time, the moveset coming from Doa4). From what I know Kasumi was a very well balanced character in DoA2U (but in general DoA2U should be very balanced), but of course this doesn't say anything of concrete on the situation of KA in DOAD.

i think a total of one person cares about Kelly. guy is so obscure even Kronin didn't care about adding him

I'm not sure if this want be a compliment or less XD

By the way my point is just that I can't realize how people can care so much of a character that is never been realized in the series. I can understand something as "I like his design, I would like to see it used in future", but how to want exactly this character when you don't know neither what this means?

Last edited:

Aven Kujo-Gin

I'm not really interested in LR since I will stick with my 360 version of 5U but... Still no news of the two new characters?

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I'm not really interested in LR since I will stick with my 360 version of 5U but... Still no news of the two new characters?
Are you at least going to get the free upgrade for Last Round? I suggest doing so, because Team Ninja did make the effort to bring Last Round to owners who have already purchased Ultimate.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD