New Costumes of Last Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronin

By the way I just noticed how TN added what appear to be a Dragon drawing on Jann Lee's gloves, something absent in the original design. Instead Jann seems to be missing (I'm not completely sure) of the bandage on the right side of his face, if true another evidence that TN decided to not alterate the face model of the characters (as already happened with covering masks or little details as the black topknot for Eliot).

Last edited:

Argentus

By the way I just noticed how TN added what appear to be a Dragon drawing Jann Lee's groves, something absent in the original design. Instead Jann seems to be missing (I'm not completely sure) of the bandage on the right side of his face, if true another evidence that TN decided to not alterate the face model of the characters (as already happened with covering masks or little details as the black topknot for Eliot).
which can cause problems like how they skipped out on the hairband for Ayane. Without that, its just a random stripper outfit with a tail. WITH the headband its obviously a son wukong outfit.

Kasumi

Don't buy anything from play-asia, they are thiefs.

Play-Asia:
Dead or Alive 5: Last Round [Collector's Edition]

Price: US$ 143.99

vs

CDJapan
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Collector Edition
Game
11800yen
(12744yen Tax incl. in Japan)
US$ 99.90

Both PS4 version with no shipping. CDjapan is the best place to buy music and games and they are very nice people.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Congratulations @VAND1TA! :D And, yeah, the Jann Lee we all predicted, made it in the game too. :) He does look indeed a little plain... What I think, they really should have done at least, was changing the font on the front of his shirt saying "The Dragon" into a more fitting one. I remember the artist saying himself (was it on Facebook?), that he just took some random font for the design, hoping they would change it for a fitting one. (Hobby designers usually don't own tons of professional fonts anyway...) But for some reason they didn't. TN, what happened? XD Using a fitting font for a design is part of the 101 of a designers work.

More visualisations by the designer of his Jann Lee costume:

10333765_715566175148071_354112772314803981_o.jpg

10258920_715566671814688_8777723254000922236_o.jpg

Last edited:

Boogie

i think TN is trying to stick to the artist's design as close as possible because even jann lee's jeans are drawn similar to the artists if you notice. pai's outfit looks totes cute in game but i can't help but feel like shes...missing...texture? like idk her hoodie should look more...cotton-y or something i can't put my finger on it but im glad it made it into the game, it brings variety to her roster of outfits.

i hope this isn't the only video we get this week D: i really love these things and since honoka has been revealed, i think we should at least get 2 a week now.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
i think TN is trying to stick to the artist's design as close as possible because even jann lee's jeans are drawn similar to the artists if you notice. pai's outfit looks totes cute in game but i can't help but feel like shes...missing...texture? like idk her hoodie should look more...cotton-y or something i can't put my finger on it but im glad it made it into the game, it brings variety to her roster of outfits.

i hope this isn't the only video we get this week D: i really love these things and since honoka has been revealed, i think we should at least get 2 a week now.

I noticed the lack of textures of Pai's costume too. It almost looks like rubber. I initially didn't want to say anything, because I still remember, how sad it made me, when @KwonJigglypuff pointed out the low quality textures of my Eliot design. :( But now you mentioned it already. Though it might also be caused by the very poor image quality of the Youtube video, combined with the bad lighting of the stage. The videos usually are very pixelated and as much as I search online, I can't find a better quality.

I made some screens anyway:
16138600088_4118280998_o.jpg

16139954689_b12eeb51de_o.jpg

15703739854_fd6b897b09_o.jpg

(Had to brighten up the image and give it more contrast, as Jann Lee is in the dark most of the time in the video.)

16325297952_09faccacfa_o.jpg

Last edited:

Boogie

i wonder if these videos are going in any certain order or theme? for a minute i thought they were going in alphabetical order buttttt.....obviously no.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It's the one, that I predicted, would make it in the game. So best of luck to us! :D You do have serious competition though:

10294353_520427654727991_1944214732532217573_n.jpg

Is that costume related to a certain Asian culture, or is it fantasy based? Does anyone know? :confused:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I forgot about that one. Looks great, not a fan of the see-through sleeves..but as such, won't complain about that one. At least it's not in some traditional blue chef attire.

Kimchi

Pai and Jann Lee both look great! Although I wish they would have kept Jann Lee's bandage. If they can put a bandage on Mila and make it removable, I'm sure they could do it for him too.

AsheMann21

It's the one, that I predicted, would make it in the game. So best of luck to us! :D You do have serious competition though:

Is that costume related to a certain Asian culture, or is it fantasy based? Does anyone know? :confused:
This looks like it was inspired by ancient Chinese culture, in my opinion.

Kronin

The designer included a breif description for it on his pixiv profile, but f course being in Japanese I can't realizze exactly what is said: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=42638348

Using google translator seems that originally the outfit had to get resemblances with the Chinese Emperor Wu (not sure if the historical figure or the Tecmo Koei recreation) but in the process ended to be changed as often happens to the original concepts.

Good luck for your outfit @DestructionBomb, I hope that you will be able to get it! Both of the entries seem to me great, I considered the other one with more chances to be in because simpler in the execution, but actually your design make use of many elements already included in other outfits of the game, so I'm starting to not be so sure that this has some importance in this case. In addition we've already seen TN to give elaborated designs to males as Eliot and Gen Fu and this time we are just talking of Akira, so I don't think that they should consider a problem to give a bigger focus on a such character =)

EDIT : I was forgetting that for the Halloween contests they heavily increased the number of details in his in-game outfit compared to the original design, the only case that I can remember where this happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD