New Costumes of Last Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gregg

Thought this was a Brad Wong pic considering he has the necessary length of hair for trim to do it...but this works either way.

Bob Wong
bob wong.png

Edit: @Corza
bob fu.png

Last edited:

Argentus

1) I'm actually okay with Bob Hitomi, but that's mostly because I prefer girls with short hair

2) I'm....feeling better about bobiji after it was pointed out that it resembles her older sister who got Doku'd in NG1. Although its pretty obvious that TN was trying to be that deep and just copied Christie's new hair onto Momiji.

Kronin

Hitomi's was actually pretty decent but her previous hairstyles were better.

The ponytail is more in-character with Hitomi (or better seems to fit more her style), but I think that she appear good with the haircut.

My theory (that could be wrong) is that a such hairstyle usually give the idea of "old" in people's mind: while can be totally fitting with "mature" women as Chrstie (where imo seems also to give a sexy/evil vibe to her), with characters supposed to appear younger can generally be seen a little out of place for many people.

Argentus

The ponytail is more in-character with Hitomi (or better, seems to fit more her style), but I think that she appear good with the haircut.

My theory (that could be wrong) is that a such hairstyle usually give the idea of "old" in people's mind: while can be totally fitting with "mature" women as Chrstie (where imo seems also to give a sexy/evil vibe to her), with characters supposed to appear younger can appear generally a little out of place for many people.
well yeah there's a difference between a classy businesswoman cut like Lisa and Christie have, and girly little playground hairstyles like Hitomi's bob. (Then there's boyish rocker styles like Mila has)

Kronin

well yeah there's a difference between a classy businesswoman cut like Lisa and Christie have, and girly little playground hairstyles like Hitomi's bob. (Then there's boyish rocker styles like Mila has)

Yes, I made a generalization in my previous post about haircuts, of course it's neither true that are all the same.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Of all the female characters with a bob cut, it only works on Christie. It just doesn't work for Hitomi or Momiji.

Well, it also depends on what kind of bob cut. This version, which I did some months ago, looks imho already a little better than the bob with straight cut bangs, that they gave her now:

11994830295_88b095d67d_o.jpg

Though generally I consider it a sacrilege, to cut Momiji's signature beautifully long hair. It really is. D:

Last edited:

Argentus

Of all the female characters with a bob cut, it only works on Christie. It just doesn't work for Hitomi or Momiji.
Hitomi's actually works pretty well. Although I think Hitomi's would have worked better on Marie Rose.

Well, it also depends on what kind of bob cut. This version, which I did some months ago, looks imho already a little better than the bob with straight cut bangs, that they gave her now.
11994830295_88b095d67d_o.jpg
the problem is that bobs seem too...."styled" for Momiji. Her default is just regular hair pulled back into a ponytail.

I think Momiji should have just gotten a loose hair option. That's pretty popular and I actually do prefer women with long hair. There are exceptions though. ;)
main issue being how friggin long her hair is lol.

I think Momiji could have done with a more neutral, practical short hair option that would have made more sense given that she's a ninja and all.

choppy_thumb.jpg

short_hair_woman_2.jpg

Messy-Short-Bob-Hairstyles-Pictures.jpg

Thick-Boyish-Short-Cropped-Hairstyles-2015.jpg

9652e20eaef65b5a488ac195ae7daf83.jpg

very-short-hair-cuts-01.jpg

boyish.jpg

0d74cc946f367d60704284e7738346c2.jpg

messy_layeredfsddf.jpg

gallery_big_messy_short_haircut.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I know, it's bob discussion time, but...isn't this the worst costume in all of DOA5?

latest

nonsensical design - check
ugly design - check
lazy design - check
gratuitous skimpyness - check
horrible textures - check
fugly shoes - double check D:

Argentus

I know, it's bob discussion, but...isn't this the worst Costume in all of DOA5?

latest

ugly design - check
lazy design - check
fugly shoes - double check :D
honestly no, its just pretty par for the course for 5U.

If you wanna see "ugly" check out the brad/leon werewolf outfits. The tail is a single alpha map bent in a V, how lazy is that?

Corza

Standard Donor
I know, it's bob discussion time, but...isn't this the worst costume in all of DOA5?

latest

nonsensical design - check
ugly design - check
lazy design - check
fugly shoes - double check D:

All I'm saying is that if Nyotengu had this costume, she'd hold a baguette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD