New Details Emerge for DOA5+: Combo Training

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Goddammit! I'm getting a Vita. First person battles look stupid as hell though. It was a huge waste of time developing that.

I was just thinking how awesome it would be if they released DOA5U on WiiU with first person touch battle, all DLC, and all cut characters. (Oh and some freaking anti-aliasing lol) I could blow a few hundred for that

I don't even want a Wii U, and I'd still get one just for Tengu. ;)

THAT KASUMI OUTFIT IN THE FIRST PICTURE...
She's getting a training dummy suit?! YESYESYESYESYESYESYES ALL MY LOVE TN.

I figured you'd get excited by that, lol.

Nice to know that character-based BGM is returning.

I know. It's pretty badass. It'd be even more badass if Vigaku, Ultimate Weapon, Red Moon, Sorrow, and Jintsuriki were in there too.

Hey TN how about you guys let us get the next dlc for free.......... please? :oops:

Team Ninja: "No. And just because you asked, 12 new bikini packs are now in the works. $11.99 each"
Ace Ventura-Deal With It..gif

synce

@Forlorn

I think you're misunderstanding the point of first person battles... It's so people can sit there and pinch half-naked ninja babes, not play seriously :p

I remember Tekken 2 did this way back in the day and it was crap, but only because the lack of aforementioned half-naked ninja babes.

mqdefault.jpg

Awesmic

Standard Donor
@Forlorn

I think you're misunderstanding the point of first person battles... It's so people can sit there and pinch half-naked ninja babes, not play seriously :p

I remember Tekken 2 did this way back in the day and it was crap, but only because the lack of aforementioned half-naked ninja babes.

mqdefault.jpg
Assassins, too.

The 32X version of Virtua Fighter also had this feature as well. Played surprisingly good too, considering the original buggy Saturn version and the Remix version didn't have any camera modes at all and felt incomplete feature-wise by comparison... but I digress.

Haipa Sonikku

The Combo Trials are very much needed as it will finally reflect some of what I've known and seen from last year's release of my copy of the Master Guide and even the upcoming Final Guide.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
They could, but I personally doubt it. I think we'll probably get the Paradise bikinis and the cheerleader outfits later, but that the rest will remain Vita exclusive.

This is all just my own speculation, but my idea is that by giving the Vita version some exclusive goodies, it gives players an incentive to buy it. An incentive that would not exist if they released said content for the consoles. MK9 did the same thing with it's Vita port, so it's certainly reasonable to assume that TN would do the same for DOA5.

Kronin

They could, but I personally doubt it. I think we'll probably get the Paradise bikinis and the cheerleader outfits later, but that the rest will remain Vita exclusive.

This is all just my own speculation, but my idea is that by giving the Vita version some exclusive goodies, it gives players an incentive to buy it. An incentive that would not exist if they released said content for the consoles. MK9 did the same thing with it's Vita port, so it's certainly reasonable to assume that TN would do the same for DOA5.

I agree: I believe that all the esclusive outfits (announced or future ones) for Doa5+ will arrive also on Xbox (and DLC characters in the remote hypthesis of new old entries), but the features like the improved training mode and the Bgm customization will remain an exclusive of the portable version.

X51

¿Combo trainning will hit PS3 or is just for Vita? Oh, but there's one thing I don't like about it, you can't advance to the next if you get stuck in one. That's stupid. Let the player choose which one they'd like to learn or try because sometimes you get stuck with the timming, the input or the hight of a combo but the nexts are easier because they don't use that stuff. Imagine not being able to pass the first AKIRA combo using 1fr kick because it's impossible to me to do that input with a PS2/PS3 pad.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD