New Famitsu Screenshot and info (July 18)

Crext

Standard Donor
...So this was the update we were promised eh? A little disappointing. The casual modes are nice and all, but I would have preferred some more gameplay or (for the love of God) a changelog.

Plenty of new gameplay in 4 player tag mode my friend. ;-)

I really hope they fixed the netcode otherwise 4 player tag will be terribly laggy.

They actually specific mention this in the interview. That is one of the main reasons they had to do everything "from scratch", and not make this game a DLC. I actually don't know of any other game that has this feature and gets away with it without massive lagg issues, so if DoA5U do, you'll have a niche product. It'll be awesome if they manage to pull it off though, cause then I'd start look for a regular tag partner, get ties and basically the social element of the game becomes much more important. That'll probably make these forums even more lively as well, so it's good for a lot more, and not just the things in game. :)

jakery95

So does this mean we aren't getting a new trailer? :/ I really hope not. I have to say I am really excited for team battle though. Hopefully we get a trailer. I want to see the online stuff.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Don't care. Want to hear more about gameplay.
Tag Bursts will eliminate the need to hard tag for individual CBs, opening opportunities for even more guaranteed situations than usual, making tag survival more of a breeze. Want to link Christie's 214p and immediately go to Mila's 6p+k instantly? It's doable!

There, now you got gameplay talk, fuddy-duddy. Turn the frown upside down.

Crext

Standard Donor
Tag Bursts will eliminate the need to hard tag for individual CBs, opening opportunities for even more guaranteed situations than usual, making tag survival more of a breeze. Want to link Christie's 214p and immediately go to Mila's 6p+k instantly? It's doable!

Also it has "lockouts" that are certain moves that make it impossible to switch character for a certain amount of time. Not to mention that "PowerLift" gives the potential for higher damage in tag mode than in regular mode. The guessing game would also become much more difficult as a potential instant tag switch would open up for 25/25 loops in almost all of the cases. It is actually kind of scary how different the gameplay would get, it is like a brand new game.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I remember someone saying you can on a different thread.
He knows, he just still insists on whining because there's no blue bars in any gameplay footage or screenshots as of late. He's one of those "I'll believe it when I see it even though TN stated it would happen" kind of guys....

R4712-VR88

He knows, he just still insists on whining because there's no blue bars in any gameplay footage or screenshots as of late. He's one of those "I'll believe it when I see it even though TN stated it would happen" kind of guys....

I've never heard Team NINJA stating that you can change the colors.

Blazeincarnated

I've never heard Team NINJA stating that you can change the colors.

We have said it like 100 times. And TN.

Edit:
Following
tumblr_lpairc4vri1r0lrr7o1_250_normal.png
TECMO KOEI EUROPE@tecmokoeieurope
RT @WdeWaySoyAmorfo: @tecmokoeieurope When you do the #DOA5U Gameplay? -- Next week.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor

Don't get a BITW bitch slap Awesmic. You know exactly what I meant. I don't give a damn about tag and it's mechanics. I am a singles player and singles are what I want to hear about. I want TN to say it ain't so and we're not going to end up with another DOA4.

Xernuht

Don't get a BITW bitch slap Awesmic. You know exactly what I meant. I don't give a damn about tag and it's mechanics. I am a singles player and singles are what I want to hear about. I want TN to say it ain't so and we're not going to end up with another DOA4.

Then I suppose you'll have to wait until next week. Just like us.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD